Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard Wanted 10 million
(03-17-2019, 11:51 AM)Okeana Wrote:

I had him at 7.5 maybe 8.0 max so I'm so glad they didn't sign him.

Bengals seem to have to overpay this off season to get players to come or stay here.

I agree on the value for Dennard. That's the range I was expecting. That $10M could be his Bengals price. Just watch, his price for another team will be less.

Dennard, however, is more technically sound than kirkpatrick, he just doesn't seem to have the speed to play the outside as well.

Webb to me is not the answer though and if he's expected to be the starter he'll be an immediate liability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If DD was worth 10m+, he would have been signed day 1 or day 2. Adios.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I can't believe the boards are so split on Dennard. 

3 INT's in 5 years
PFF ratings aren't good
Wants $10 million per

Heck, this would probably we a worse signing than Kirkpatrick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
What's Josh Shaw up to these days?
Reply/Quote
Good decision to move on then and got who they got.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Dennard is definitely not worth 10 mil a year....
Reply/Quote
I don’t have a problem not wanting to pay Dennard $10/mil a year on its own. I do have a hard time with it though when you look at the amounts Hart and Webb got. To me, Dennard is that much better than those guys to deserve the extra few million to get to $10 mil/yr. Not a whole lot more than we’ll be setting aside for either of those guys who aren’t on his level.

The line in the sand seems like they’re just asking a magic 8 ball how much they should offer free agents
Reply/Quote
Dennard is underrated and I think he can argue he deserves the money. Would rather have him at Ten then either of the bum brothers Brown and Hart.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 03:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t have a problem not wanting to pay Dennard $10/mil a year on its own. I do have a hard time with it though when you look at the amounts Hart and Webb got. To me, Dennard is that much better than those guys to deserve the extra few million to get to $10 mil/yr. Not a whole lot more than we’ll be setting aside for either of those guys who aren’t on his level.

The line in the sand seems like they’re just asking a magic 8 ball how much they should offer free agents

[Image: newsign.php?line1=TOO+MUCH&line2=FOR&lin...e=Shake+Me]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 03:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t have a problem not wanting to pay Dennard $10/mil a year on its own. I do have a hard time with it though when you look at the amounts Hart and Webb got. To me, Dennard is that much better than those guys to deserve the extra few million to get to $10 mil/yr. Not a whole lot more than we’ll be setting aside for either of those guys who aren’t on his level.

I'm fine with Eifert.

Preston Brown is ok. Miller is ok. There's some risk to the Miller move as he underperformed for a few years in Buffalo then had a good year in a contract year. His pass protection was worse than Redmond's too...so that's definitely a wait and see type move.

The Hart signing was questionable. Not sure about Webb also. He was pretty mediocre all but for 1 season.

IF Miller and Webb play like they did last year, we're ok. If they revert to how they were before...then the moves backfire.

I just feel like with the amount of money we had that we could have made more clear upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 02:00 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I'm sure it's too much dead money but wish they would cut Dre, and move Dennard to the outside and get a new slot guy.

Why would you want to do that?  I watch a fair amount of Big10 football, and saw plenty of Dennard, while he was at Mich. St.  Sure, he played boundary corner in college, but he never played the ball, got away with being overly physical, and relied on putting receivers out of bounds when they outjumped him.

I think that Dennard on the boundary in today's NFL would produce a bad result.  They don't allow you to play physical, without ever turning to locate the ball, like they do in the college game.  Which is likely why Marvin and company chose to develop him as a slot corner, he doesn't have great length like most modern boundary corners do, but his lower center of gravity allows him to have good mirror skills on the inside routes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He’s not getting 10 million anywhere. Seems likely he’ll take the best deal anywhere just as long as it’s not here even if we did offer more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
my bet he's signs elsewhere for 2 years 15 million.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 03:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: newsign.php?line1=TOO+MUCH&line2=FOR&lin...e=Shake+Me]

It's a shame that magic 8 ball didn't mary Katie.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So Dennard is just worth Bobby Hart money?

After he saw how much Hart got, regardless of position, I can sympathize with Dennard.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 03:36 PM)corpjet Wrote: my bet he's signs elsewhere for 2 years 15 million.....

I get the sense the Bengals may have offered him a similar contract to that of hart and preston, around 3 years 21 million with probably more guaranteed money and he said adios.  

In the end I think he'll get around 7.5 per year from somewhere. He's a solid CB but not a 10m CB. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 12:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My main and perhaps only problem with Dennard is the lack of interceptions. In the current pass happy NFL, with rules favoring an offense...you need turnovers from your defense. He has 3 ints in 5 years.

$10 million is a lot to give a 3rd CB. I will say though, that having Webb as a 4th CB IF we keep Dennard, would be pretty amazing.

Which is why he's not worth that kind of money.

Dennard is great at mirroring receivers, but..... he rarely gets his hands up and never gets his head turned to the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can't believe the boards are so split on Dennard. 

3 INT's in 5 years
PFF ratings aren't good
Wants $10 million per

Heck, this would probably we a worse signing than Kirkpatrick.

I think we as fans fail to realize the cap has escalated a ton over last 3 or 4 years. A 10 million a year is like a 7 million a year signing a few years ago.

There are guys getting paid huge contracts all over the league due to rise in the cap and massive money available for every team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That’s expensive for a guy who is average at best. Hopefully the money they save from not signing Dennard goes to good use to resign guys like Green, Willam Jackson and Boyd. Still think we need to go linebacker and offensive tackle in the first 2 rounds gonna be tough to find a quality corner the later you get into the draft tho. I don’t trust Webb and we’re one William Jackson injury away from having Kirkpatrick, Webb and Phillips as our corners which is scary.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 07:06 PM)lone bengal Wrote: That’s expensive for a guy who is average at best. Hopefully the money they save from not signing  Dennard goes to good use to resign guys like Green, Willam Jackson and Boyd. Still think we need to go linebacker and offensive tackle in the first 2 rounds gonna be tough to find a quality corner the later you get into the draft tho. I don’t  trust Webb and we’re one William Jackson injury away from having Kirkpatrick, Webb and Phillips as our corners which is scary.

Exactly, and that is why I feel like they will take a CB in the top 2 picks, if they don't over pay Dennard to hang around.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote