Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard Wanted 10 million
Well we already signed Webb. And we have WJ3 and Kirk. So there are our starters. We also have two guys we drafted last year. Philips and Harris who both got their feet wet. That is 5. Then there is Keivare and Mcrae who could battle for a sixth and finally spot with a rookie draft pick.

We will be just fine with Dennard
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 09:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We will be just fine with Dennard

Or without him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that you seem to be forgetting that the Bengals Management puts a premium on certain positions, like OT, CB, and WR, when it comes to draft priority.  If I know the Bengals like I think I know the Bengals, they're drafting OT, CB, and maybe LB as an afterthought..

If the shit show at LB last year didn't sink in, then they are truly incapable of rational thought.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Nay.

He's a decent corner, but he's not $10 million. He can be replaced with a second or third rounder.

My fear is, though, the FO loves cb and t in the first. Could be they use this as draft ammo to take a cb at 11... Which would be a big disappointment
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 09:51 PM)McC Wrote: If the shit show at LB last year didn't sink in, then they are truly incapable of rational thought.

They re-signed Preston Brown, counting on him being healthy this year.  They have also elected to not cut Vontaze Burfict, and I assume they are counting on him regathering himself and playing like the Super Destroyer one more time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They re-signed Preston Brown, counting on him being healthy this year.  They have also elected to not cut Vontaze Burfict, and I assume they are counting on him regathering himself and playing like the Super Destroyer one more time.

Hopefully Burfict gets back on the roids.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They re-signed Preston Brown, counting on him being healthy this year.  They have also elected to not cut Vontaze Burfict, and I assume they are counting on him regathering himself and playing like the Super Destroyer one more time.

This is pretty unrealistic if that is indeed the plan.  All 3 starters went down for significant time last year, and Tez is as injury/suspension prone as any player on this team.  Might be the least dependable player in the league.  He showed absolutely nothing last year to make anyone think he was more disciplined or more durable.  All that adds up to more Evans and Nickerson getting burned and mowed down all Sunday afternoon for another season.  To hell with that garbage.  

They're flat out dumb if they trot that bunch of turds out there again.  They deserve to have their asses blown out and run over if that happens.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: This is pretty unrealistic if that is indeed the plan.  All 3 starters went down for significant time last year, and Tez is as injury/suspension prone as any player on this team.  Might be the least dependable player in the league.  He showed absolutely nothing last year to make anyone think he was more disciplined or more durable.  All that adds up to more Evans and Nickerson getting burned and mowed down all Sunday afternoon for another season.  To hell with that garbage.  

They're flat out dumb if they trot that bunch of turds out there again.  They deserve to have their asses blown out and run over if that happens.

I agree and if White is available at #11 (and Kyler Murray is gone), I hope we grab him. I know DT would also be great to play along Geno, but I think a LB that is capable of huge plays and running our defense is needed. Then we can trade/cut Burfict.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 10:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and if White is available at #11 (and Kyler Murray is gone), I hope we grab him. I know DT would also be great to play along Geno, but I think a LB that is capable of huge plays and running our defense is needed. Then we can trade/cut Burfict.

Agree.  At the very least they need to have four LBs capable of being non-laughable starters if Burfict is on the team.  It's just a matter of time before the 4th guy is needed.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 10:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hopefully Burfict gets back on the roids.

He's been training for the past 3 weeks with someone who is DEFINITELY on super roids and Burfict looks to be in awesome shape again.

We'll see.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 09:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Nay.

He's a decent corner, but he's not $10 million. He can be replaced with a second or third rounder.

My fear is, though, the FO loves cb and t in the first. Could be they use this as draft ammo to take a cb at 11... Which would be a big disappointment

They better take White out of LSU who I think will be there at 11 if Arizona doesn't take a QB and they would be stupid if they did...but that's my opinion.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 10:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and if White is available at #11 (and Kyler Murray is gone), I hope we grab him. I know DT would also be great to play along Geno, but I think a LB that is capable of huge plays and running our defense is needed. Then we can trade/cut Burfict.

A DT that can keep olinemen off the LB will make then look much better. Dexter Lawrence in huge, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A DT that can keep olinemen off the LB will make then look much better. Dexter Lawrence in huge, 

I really like Dexter Lawrence.  He seems to fall in the mid 20s in most mocks.  I'd like to see them trade back and take him if White or Hockenson are unavailable.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 03:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why would you want to do that?  I watch a fair amount of Big10 football, and saw plenty of Dennard, while he was at Mich. St.  Sure, he played boundary corner in college, but he never played the ball, got away with being overly physical, and relied on putting receivers out of bounds when they outjumped him.

I think that Dennard on the boundary in today's NFL would produce a bad result.  They don't allow you to play physical, without ever turning to locate the ball, like they do in the college game.  Which is likely why Marvin and company chose to develop him as a slot corner, he doesn't have great length like most modern boundary corners do, but his lower center of gravity allows him to have good mirror skills on the inside routes.

Why wouldn't you want to do that? Dre is making 10 million a year. He 100% isn't worth 10 million a year. Dennard had a better PFF grade (I hate PFF grades) in the slot than Dre did on the outside. Dennard was a physical press corner on the outside that made him a first round pick. He has never been able to display that talent on the outside here. With Dennard and WJ3 you would have 2 really good press man cover corners.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:09 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Why wouldn't you want to do that? Dre is making 10 million a year. He 100% isn't worth 10 million a year. Dennard had a better PFF grade (I hate PFF grades) in the slot than Dre did on the outside. Dennard was a physical press corner on the outside that made him a first round pick. He has never been able to display that talent on the outside here. With Dennard and WJ3 you would have 2 really good press man cover corners.

If Dennard is so much better why hasn’t he taken Dre’s job in all these years?

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 11:02 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They better take White out of LSU who I think will be there at 11 if Arizona doesn't take a QB and they would be stupid if they did...but that's my opinion.

I'm ok with white. I do have a concern that he's mostly just a straight line Blitzer, but I'll admit I wasn't able to watch a lot of college this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A DT that can keep olinemen off the LB will make then look much better. Dexter Lawrence in huge, 

I agree our DL (all 4 of them) did a poor job of keeping OL off of our LB corp. However, we had a great 8 man DL rotation with Peko the main run stopper and our LB's still struggled. I am not against better run stopping DL (our fans seem to only care about pass rushing DL), but I think we can find a run stopper for value while we won't find a top 5 LB potentially for value other than the draft.

Suh is out there as are others who could help Geno and Billings, along with a healthy Glasgow. Hubbard plays all DL positions as well. My point is we have some DL, we do not have 1 stud LB on our roster.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:43 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm ok with white. I do have a concern that he's mostly just a straight line Blitzer, but I'll admit I wasn't able to watch a lot of college this season.

White is a fast hard hitting bigger LB that seems to cover sideline to sideline. I like him at #11, I am not sold on Bush at #11. White may be long gone by our pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Dennard is so much better why hasn’t he taken Dre’s job in all these years?

Doesn't have the cool dreds nor cool name of Dre.. Coolness counts almost as much as one grain of salt in all of the oceans of the world.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Dennard is so much better why hasn’t he taken Dre’s job in all these years?

I like Dennard, but he is not fast enough to cover elite speed guys on the outside. You can't use a slot corner PFF grade versus an outside on an island CB. It makes no sense and like you said if he was better than Dre or Jackson (who came after we had Dennard), he would be the outside CB and we would have never drafted Jackson.

Reply/Quote