Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard Wanted 10 million
(03-17-2019, 09:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Nay.

He's a decent corner, but he's not $10 million. He can be replaced with a second or third rounder.

My fear is, though, the FO loves cb and t in the first. Could be they use this as draft ammo to take a cb at 11... Which would be a big disappointment

If this happened, my reaction would be "why did they sign BW Webb to a substantial contract?"

Webb was rated highly by PFF in the slot, so I think we're good to go. We already have our Dennard replacement.

We could also bring back Leon for some depth that's capable of manning the slot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 07:06 PM)lone bengal Wrote: That’s expensive for a guy who is average at best. Hopefully the money they save from not signing  Dennard goes to good use to resign guys like Green, Willam Jackson and Boyd. Still think we need to go linebacker and offensive tackle in the first 2 rounds gonna be tough to find a quality corner the later you get into the draft tho. I don’t  trust Webb and we’re one William Jackson injury away from having Kirkpatrick, Webb and Phillips as our corners which is scary.

What is the fascination with CORNER BACKS with the Bengals front office and the Bengals fans. If ANY TEAM IN THE NFL lose a starting corner back and had to go to their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cornerback they would experience some fall off. Why don't we just draft 7 cornerbacks this year so for the next 10 years they can address the offensive line, and linebackers and not be under demands to draft a 1st round corner ....STFU with the cornerback talk when your roster will still has:

1st rounder: Dre Kirkpatrick
3rd rounder: Keivarae Russell
4th rounder: B.W. Webb
5th rounder: Darius Phillips
5th rounder: Davontae Harris
Tony McRae

Let some of these guys play.... 
a 3rd round corner in the 2019 draft is not better than anyone above this post.
a 2nd round corner is not better than anyone above this post.
a corner drafted in the 1st round this year will just handicap this team even more...

yall are pretending Andy Dalton has 10 seconds to throw the ball....yall acting like the Bengals linebackers can cover running backs and tight ends like no other linbacking group in the NFL..... 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this happened, my reaction would be "why did they sign BW Webb to a substantial contract?"

Webb was rated highly by PFF in the slot, so I think we're good to go. We already have our Dennard replacement.

We could also bring back Leon for some depth that's capable of manning the slot.

How is Leon Hall only 34? Seems like he’s been in the league FOREVER!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 12:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This thread confuses me.

Dennard WANTED the money, as in he has signed somewhere else?

Or, Dennard WANTS this money, and still has yet to sign somewhere?....

Dennard WANTS the money...  which is why he isn't here... (thread speculation)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this happened, my reaction would be "why did they sign BW Webb to a substantial contract?"

right we already signed one...   we probly grab depth later but grabbing a 1st roung cb...  someone like kirk of Jackson would have to already be hurt
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this happened, my reaction would be "why did they sign BW Webb to a substantial contract?"

CB's high just seem like wasted draft picks after you have your starting spots filled.

With the rule changes, you're not going to shut teams down. I'd rather invest in offense. Line or WR.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Cheifs signed Breeland instead of Dennard. I really wonder if the Burfict move was to open up cap to bring Dennard back on a deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: Looks like Cheifs signed Breeland instead of Dennard. I really wonder if the Burfict move was to open up cap to bring Dennard back on a deal.

I don't know, but Dennard is not worth 10 mil a year either way....
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know, but Dennard is not worth 10 mil a year either way....

I think 10 million went out the window for him with KC. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know, but Dennard is not worth 10 mil a year either way....

I don't think so either. Most of his career could be called a disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I don't think so either. Most of his career could be called a disappointment.

Has Dennard had any reported visits or offers?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Webb is a $4 million slot corner, Dennard was wanting $10 million. If I'm not mistaken, Jackson's deal ends next year. Kirkpatrick is making a jillion dollars a year. The Bengals place a higher value on CB, WR and T, especially in drafting. I guess because of the price those positions demand for a talented FA. I could see them going after a CB in the first or second as a position we might eventually need. The pick could either help keep Jackson's cost low or take over for Kirkpatrick in a couple years at the end of his deal.

I don't want it to happen, just saying I wouldn't be shocked if they take a CB or T in the first. Which will be crazy to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Has Dennard had any reported visits or offers?

He visited KC. Other than that, none that I'm aware of...and I'm kind of in the know. ;-)
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Webb is a $4 million slot corner, Dennard was wanting $10 million. If I'm not mistaken, Jackson's deal ends next year. Kirkpatrick is making a jillion dollars a year. The Bengals place a higher value on CB, WR and T, especially in drafting. I guess because of the price those positions demand for a talented FA. I could see them going after a CB in the first or second as a position we might eventually need. The pick could either help keep Jackson's cost low or take over for Kirkpatrick in a couple years at the end of his deal.

I don't want it to happen, just saying I wouldn't be shocked if they take a CB or T in the first. Which will be crazy to me.

I could see us drafting Greedy Williams in 1st round, if White or Murray were available I would cringe, but I can see it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see us Greedy Williams in 1st round, if White or Murray were available I would cringe, but I can see it.

Good height, good speed and able to play a variety of attacks, I could see that.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see us Greedy Williams in 1st round, if White or Murray were available I would cringe, but I can see it.

I wouldnt draft Greedy Williams in the first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With the rule changes, you're not going to shut teams down. 

Someone missed the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Webb is a $4 million slot corner, Dennard was wanting $10 million. If I'm not mistaken, Jackson's deal ends next year. Kirkpatrick is making a jillion dollars a year. The Bengals place a higher value on CB, WR and T, especially in drafting. I guess because of the price those positions demand for a talented FA. I could see them going after a CB in the first or second as a position we might eventually need. The pick could either help keep Jackson's cost low or take over for Kirkpatrick in a couple years at the end of his deal.

We had no interest in Dennard at $10 million, so we signed Webb at $4 million. He rated higher in the slot than Dennard did, IIRC. Also, part of the reason Dennard sees himself as a $10 million player is because he wants to work outside, not the slot. 

I'm never going to bet against the Bengals taking a corner, but if their reasoning is losing Dennard, that would be foolish. Especially after signing a replacement to a multi-year deal. That's all I was saying. Fwiw, I'm hoping the CB obsession was more of a Marvin thing than a Tobin/Brown thing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldnt draft Greedy Williams in the first round.

2nd this, highly overrated project.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 07:45 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Former 1st round pick.
Starter.

Wait. Not a starter.

Sorry, Not $10 Mil.

He was a starter Nickle Backs play 70% of the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote