Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver
(07-01-2015, 07:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what's the worst month then fred?  how brutal can it be?  is it more often brutal than not?  please inform me.

January is the coldest month with an average low temperature of 16 and an average high of 43.  On average Denver actually receives more snow in December (8.5") than January (7.0")

For comparison sake Cincinnati averages a low of 20 and a high of 43 in January, but only 2.1 inches of snow.

So temperature wise it isn't really a lot colder in Denver than Cincinnati.  I guess it just seemed so much colder because where I live the average low in January is 29 and the high is 47.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 08:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: January is the coldest month with an average low temperature of 16 and an average high of 43.  On average Denver actually receives more snow in December (8.5") than January (7.0")

For comparison sake Cincinnati averages a low of 20 and a high of 43 in January, but only 2.1 inches of snow.

So temperature wise it isn't really a lot colder in Denver than Cincinnati.  I guess it just seemed so much colder because where I live the average low in January is 29 and the high is 47.

so brutal is subjective?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 12:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: so brutal is subjective?  

No.  Compared to the most of the rest of the country Denver gets more snow and is colder.

The term "brutal" may not apply, but it is much closer to the truth than "not bad".
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Compared to the most of the rest of the country Denver gets more snow and is colder.

The term "brutal" may not apply, but it is much closer to the truth than "not bad".

You guys should fight about it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Denver & a Red Rock show is on my bucket list. Counting down the days till I can partake without worry.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Compared to the most of the rest of the country Denver gets more snow and is colder.

So 'brutal' isnt subjective, but 'not bad' is.  Makes sense.  

Guess it would be 'brutal' for a caveman lawyer.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone ever been? I am going for the Bengals game in late December and need some tips on where to stay/where to go.

We are going for 4 days. We wanted to stay around the stadium/ downtown for the first couple of days and then spend the last couple of days somewhere up in the mountains.

Any help would be appreciated.

You should hit Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper mountains.  I've been wanting to do some weed tourism and December might allow me to kill two birds with one stone.  
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 06:46 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You should hit Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper mountains.  I've been wanting to do some weed tourism and December might allow me to kill two birds with one stone.  

Make sure you purchase in Denver, not up in the mountains.  They mark it up for out of towners considerably up there.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2015, 06:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Make sure you purchase in Denver, not up in the mountains.  They mark it up for out of towners considerably up there.

Thanks for the tip!  I used to live in Breck, so I'm not surprised they put a premium on it.  
Reply/Quote