Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denzel Mims - Trade candidate
We drafted two wrs this year who I think could be contributors. This guy as a fifth/fourth option would be stellar with talent to step up during injuries.
Reply/Quote
Gone to Detroit: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38038379/new-york-jets-trade-wr-denzel-mims-detroit-lions

No way did we need a WR anyway, a TE though yes.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2023, 11:51 PM)phil413 Wrote: Gone to Detroit: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38038379/new-york-jets-trade-wr-denzel-mims-detroit-lions

No way did we need a WR anyway, a TE though yes.

Thank God he did.

I don't know why everyone still is in love with him: he's bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2023, 01:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't know why everyone still is in love with him: he's bad.

Because it's a 120 character twitterverse world where people don't look past the surface of anything?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2023, 01:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thank God he did.

I don't know why everyone still is in love with him: he's bad.

Because he's a 6'3" WR who ran a 4.38 and has been stuck with some of the worst QBing in the league. Mid/late 30s Joe Flacco is by far the best QB he has played with in his career. His first year nobody reached even 700 yards, his second year nobody reached even 600 yards. Last year Garrett Wilson was good as a top-10 pick who was absolutely just force fed (7th most targets in the NFL, only 56.5% completion), but nobody else reached 600 yards.

Not saying I would want him, because I don't think he'd be happy being the #4 WR, but I can see why people could hold onto some hope that he could finally play to his potential as an extremely low risk gamble. It only cost a conditional 6th while returning a 7th, so not even a conditional 6th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote