Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denzel Mims?
The Jets are reported to be shopping him as he's not a fit in the new coaches scheme he would be a nice target to add to our WR core. what about this:

Bengals trade: Auden Tate and a 6th round pick

Jets trade: Denzel Mims and a 7th round pick

Bengals Depth chart:

1) Jamar Chase
2) Tee Higgins
3) Tyler Boyd
4) Trent Taylor
5) Denzel Mims
6) Mike Thomas
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 12:36 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: The Jets are reported to be shopping him as he's not a fit in the new coaches scheme he would be a nice target to add to our WR core. what about this:

Bengals Depth chart:

1) Jamar Chase
2) Tee Higgins
3) Tyler Boyd
4) Trent  Taylor
5) Denzel Mims
6) Mike Thomas

Would be for this, I like Mims better than Tate cause he is much faster.

Does Tate fit the Jets scheme is the question?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be for this, I like Mims better than Tate cause he is much faster.

Does Tate fit the Jets scheme is the question?

Maybe Carl Lawson can put in a good word to make it happen....but I like Tate as he is 6-5 and has a huge catch radius and can snag badly thrown balls. He is a mini TE out at WR
Reply/Quote
Mims is the 7 receiver in NY right now under a new coaching staff, but he faltered heavily last season as well. Were we earlier in the offseason program, I would be willing to trade a 7th for him. Now that his back would be against the wall to learn the system in time to make an impact, I would only be willing to sign him as a FA, not acquire him in a trade. So far the evidence makes it tough to say he could make it through the final cuts, so it is not worth wasting the resource of a pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 02:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Maybe Carl Lawson can put in a good word to make it happen....but I like Tate as he is 6-5 and has a huge catch radius and can snag badly thrown balls. He is a mini TE out at WR

Yes, I like Tate more than most myself, just wish he was a bit quicker but he can make up for it with his wingspan and catch radius
as you say Kali. Has a knack for when the ball is in the air and contorting his body to make great catches. Love his hands. I don't 
think I would trade him for Mims now that I think about it and Tate has been having a good camp.

On second thought, no thanks.
Reply/Quote
Mims apparently doesn’t play special teams either. Since he wouldn’t be a starter here he would most likely be expected to play special teams here. Wouldn’t mind him on the roster but don’t really see it happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 10:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Mims apparently doesn’t play special teams either.  Since he wouldn’t be a starter here he would most likely be expected to play special teams here.  Wouldn’t mind him on the roster but don’t really see it happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither, have to play ST's if your are a backup on this team, just the way it goes.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 12:36 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: The Jets are reported to be shopping him as he's not a fit in the new coaches scheme he would be a nice target to add to our WR core. what about this:

Bengals Depth chart:

1) Jamar Chase
2) Tee Higgins
3) Tyler Boyd
4) Trent  Taylor
5) Denzel Mims
6) Mike Thomas

At this point we probly are only looking for Potential Special teamers in the WR room.. Not sure id make a play for anyone else when the top 3 are locked 
Reply/Quote
This is ********. Our wide receivers are set and good and deep we need a olineman!!!!!! Member cuz we draft chase lol
Reply/Quote