Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AW "UZI"
I dont know about everyone else but I keep hearing how UZI is sticking to our WRs like flypaper. We may have found a great yet under the radar add with this guy. I really like what our secondary is shaping up to be in Waynes, Hilton, Uzi, Bates, Bell and a little "Rico suave" and then having Apple and Phillips as backups. Not bad
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 02:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I dont know about everyone else but I keep hearing how UZI is sticking to our WRs like flypaper. We may have found a great yet under the radar add with this guy.  I really like what our secondary is shaping up to be in Waynes, Hilton, Uzi, Bates, Bell and a little "Rico suave" and then having Apple and Phillips as backups. Not bad

Uzi is a great football name. Pickinemoff, 1 by 1.

[Image: product_9029_1_hYSzxi_1591209421.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 02:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I dont know about everyone else but I keep hearing how UZI is sticking to our WRs like flypaper. We may have found a great yet under the radar add with this guy. I really like what our secondary is shaping up to be in Waynes, Hilton, Uzi, Bates, Bell and a little "Rico suave" and then having Apple and Phillips as backups. Not bad

Definitely feel we have a more complete DB room this year and the depth should be good.
Reply/Quote
I agree. I was a little worried about our secondary specifically the corners since it's a completely new unit but I
definitely like the news coming out of training camp. I'm also really excited about our linebackers I really like
the news about Logan Wilson. It might be the Bengal glasses but this defense is looking pretty good on paper.

It's worrisome with all the news of the defense dominating this far in camp and I'm sure a good amount of
that is due to the offense struggling but you have to give the defense some credit. I was trying to limit my
expectations going into this season but I was getting pretty hyped before training camp and hoping to at least
have a chance late in the season to make the playoffs.

But with the way training camp is shaping up I think this offense is going to be a work in progress come the
regular season. It would be nice if the defense was playing good enough to take some pressure off the offense
and allow Burrow to get his feet under him. I think the defense has a chance to be good enough to keep some
games manageable.

Also where is everyone getting they're training camp news. I really just get on here or the Bengals site but this
year does seem to be very slow with news.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 02:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I dont know about everyone else but I keep hearing how UZI is sticking to our WRs like flypaper. We may have found a great yet under the radar add with this guy.  I really like what our secondary is shaping up to be in Waynes, Hilton, Uzi, Bates, Bell and a little "Rico suave" and then having Apple and Phillips as backups. Not bad

Believe it is pronounced Awooziyay but I like the nickname. Yeah, this Secondary looks pretty sick. Awuzie and Hilton in particular
look like great adds and if Eli Apple keeps his head on he is as talented as it gets. 

Ricardo Allen is also a great pickup haha Rico suave made me chuckle. Smirk

Pay Jessie Bates III!!! 
Reply/Quote
I really like the pickup of Allen.. Very smart and experienced, under the radar kind of guy who can teach everyone else a LOT..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
From the brief tape I’ve seen from training camp all the defensive backs are in the wide receivers’ grills, not just Chidobe Awuzie. This is extremely encouraging because ever since Mike Zimmer left the defensive backs have been giving opposing wide receivers more cushion than an Anthony Munoz advertisement for Furniture Fair couches. That’s a lot of cushion.

As I see it, Lou Anarumo has the defensive backs playing lots of man coverage to blanket the “out,” “seam,” and “go” routes but there is usually a safety deep to cover anyone who gets through. This is how most modern secondaries play and now Lou has the personnel to finally pull it off.

While we’re on the subject of the defense it is noteworthy Joe Burrow has been intercepted by linebackers more than once in training camp; it means the front four are generating adequate pressure without linebacker support which makes Burrow throw inaccurately. If this continues and linebackers have the luxury of being able to drop into coverage the Bengals will have an extremely strong pass defense.
Reply/Quote
Really excited to watch this defense perform.Anybody in their mind has to love this secondary.The defensive line also looks promising.Overall a significantly better defense than last year.Now,just get Joe Burrow and the OL fixed.Good news is,there is plenty of time left to get it fixed before opening day.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 07:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From the brief tape I’ve seen from training camp all the defensive backs are in the wide receivers’ grills, not just Chidobe Awuzie.  This is extremely encouraging because ever since Mike Zimmer left the defensive backs have been giving opposing wide receivers more cushion than an Anthony Munoz advertisement for Furniture Fair couches.  That’s a lot of cushion.  

As I see it, Lou Anarumo has the defensive backs playing lots of man coverage to blanket the “out,” “seam,” and “go” routes but there is usually a safety deep to cover anyone who gets through.  This is how most modern secondaries play and now Lou has the personnel to finally pull it off.

While we’re on the subject of the defense it is noteworthy Joe Burrow has been intercepted by linebackers more than once in training camp; it means the front four are generating adequate pressure without linebacker support which makes Burrow throw inaccurately.  If this continues and linebackers have the luxury of being able to drop into coverage the Bengals will have an extremely strong pass defense.

Furniture Fair couches lol

Good stuff. Burrow had a good day yesterday which is also encouraging for him and the Offense. Sounding like we have a 
great competition going on which is what we all want to hear this time of year. Speaking of LB's, Bailey got carted off, hope 
he is alright. Have high hopes for Markus. Logan and Pratt look awesome right now. Also hope ADG comes around.

Sure as heck helps with decent play by the front 4. Hubbard looks in fantastic shape. Think he has a great year.
Reply/Quote

There is no doubt that the CB group is the most improved position group.  People tend to think that the defense got run all over (it did) but it wasn't much better against the pass.  This will be huge for the defense.  

Couple this information with the fact that Wilson, Pratt, and BAILEY are all getting rave reviews out of camp as well.  

My three biggest concerns (I think that was a thread?) heading in to the season was the offensive line, the CBs, and the LBs.  So far, at least the last two are looking damn good.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 04:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is no doubt that the CB group is the most improved position group.  People tend to think that the defense got run all over (it did) but it wasn't much better against the pass.  This will be huge for the defense.  

Couple this information with the fact that Wilson, Pratt, and BAILEY are all getting rave reviews out of camp as well.  

My three biggest concerns (I think that was a thread?) heading in to the season was the offensive line, the CBs, and the LBs.  So far, at least the last two are looking damn good.  

We were pretty good in the Secondary last year considering the DL and LB's were down right terrible.

With the improvement in the front 7 this could be a top 10 Secondary easily.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We were pretty good in the Secondary last year considering the DL and LB's were down right terrible.

With the improvement in the front 7 this could be a top 10 Secondary easily.

Yep. NO DB on the face of the earth is worth a damn thing with a completely non-existent pass rush which has haunted this team for the past few years.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 04:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is no doubt that the CB group is the most improved position group.  People tend to think that the defense got run all over (it did) but it wasn't much better against the pass.  This will be huge for the defense.  

Exactly. People want to blame Taylor, Anarumo and play calling, but really, how many games are you going to win trotting LaShaun Sims out there as starting Corner  because the 5 guys in front of him were injured. Opposing Quarterbacks were just salivating at the thought of throwing at him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 10:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly. People want to blame Taylor, Anarumo and play calling, but really, how many games are you going to win trotting LaShaun Sims out there as starting Corner  because the 5 guys in front of him were injured. Opposing Quarterbacks were just salivating at the thought of throwing at him. 

No doubt.  I started calling it "3rd and LeShawn"....Opposing QBs would locate him before the play.  I couldn't believe they didn't give a guy like Winston Rose a shot.  They kept trotting his horrible ass out there.  Oh well, I guess it got us Chase.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/10/chidobe-awuzie-earning-respect-training-camp-play-bengals/?taid=61127776e3628400019e26c2&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Looks like others are noticing. If Waynes and Awuzie + Hilton lock down receivers, our DL should get a little more time to sack QB's.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote