Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deone Buchannon Waived
He's a speedy LB that can cover. Former 1st Round pick.

Not really used in Tampa this year and his PFF rating is low.

He was decent in Arizona...but was hurt a lot.
Reply/Quote
they waived him and signed Noah Dawkins off our Practice Squad.... ( a bengals LB not good enough for this 53 man roster?)

Not sure if Deone Buchannon is an upgrade at this point
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they waived him and signed Noah Dawkins off our Practice Squad....  ( a bengals LB not good enough for this 53 man roster?)

Not sure if Deone Buchannon is an upgrade at this point

Doesn't hurt to take a look at him. He does have experience. Though another player with a history of injuries just doesn't make sense to sign given the bad luck the Bengals have with players and injuries, especially as of late. 
Reply/Quote
I'm tired of trying to go after reclamation projects who aren't good and healthy right now.
So no to Bucannon.
I love mock drafts!

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm tired of trying to go after reclamation projects who aren't good and healthy right now.
So no to Bucannon.

Well, that's kind of what you get when you don't sign anyone decent in the main free agency period.  You get hurt dudes, guys with discipline issues, and players nearing the end of their careers.  Every now and then, you hit big on a lottery ticket.  Dhani Jones would be a good example.  We picked him off the trash heap when we had safeties and DL playing linebacker, and he went on to stabilize the defense for the next few years.

Buchanon is a guy with speed that can tackle when he's heathy.  I don't see what it would hurt to bring him in. He wouldn't break the bank.
Reply/Quote
There’s an extreme long shot that he makes the team better and no chance he makes the team worse, so might as well kick the tires.
[Image: ajtpggg.gif]
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:15 PM)samhain Wrote: Well, that's kind of what you get when you don't sign anyone decent in the main free agency period.  You get hurt dudes, guys with discipline issues, and players nearing the end of their careers.  Every now and then, you hit big on a lottery ticket.  Dhani Jones would be a good example.  We picked him off the trash heap when we had safeties and DL playing linebacker, and he went on to stabilize the defense for the next few years.

Buchanon is a guy with speed that can tackle when he's heathy.  I don't see what it would hurt to bring him in.  He wouldn't break the bank.

is he healthy?  if they replaced him with a PS player is he worth a look
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:15 PM)samhain Wrote: Well, that's kind of what you get when you don't sign anyone decent in the main free agency period.  You get hurt dudes, guys with discipline issues, and players nearing the end of their careers.  Every now and then, you hit big on a lottery ticket.  Dhani Jones would be a good example.  We picked him off the trash heap when we had safeties and DL playing linebacker, and he went on to stabilize the defense for the next few years.

Buchanon is a guy with speed that can tackle when he's heathy.  I don't see what it would hurt to bring him in.  He wouldn't break the bank.

Fair, yes. I'm being too harsh out of frustration.
Fine with bringing him in but I don't want the team to avoid bringing anyone else in because they got Bucannon.
I love mock drafts!

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

FA is to fill in gaps and not make the team better. All the top teams use the draft to build the team and use FA for gap fillers. 
Reply/Quote