Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Departing Thoughts
1. I'm not a troll. I'm a fan like all of you.

2. Before last night the only time I heard Bengals and Super Bowl in the same sentence was in ironic memes and my late grandpa telling me about the 49ers game. I spent my childhood and early adulthood into seeing one disappointment after another. I speant a lot of my high school years wearing these shitty Cincy bengals shoes that I would get roasted for relentlessly. In snow, rain, pick up basketball, etc; I always rocked those same shoes. No matter how perplexed people were that I was such a homer for a historically bad franchise, I STILL worse those shoes. I still have those shoes and I had them on a stand last night. That was the first night that I knew that those shoes meant something more than a punchline to a ***** joke. Last night was surreal and I had some of the most fun i've ever had

3. You never really know when it's your team's year. This may be the only time i get to experience this. The team is primed to be a contender for many years to come, but it's not guaranteed. Just ask Rodgers. That's why I think it's important to enjoy the moment whole it's here. The Bengals lost and it sucks, I know. But these are moments that will be forever immortalized in the NFL archives. The 2021 Bengals will live on forever in our hearts in mind.

4. The Bengals FO have a long history of whiffing on OL in the draft and never valuing centers and guards. They paid the price for it last night. But all in all, i'm just grateful for the experience. Maybe they fix the issues, maybe not. But for now, i'm just grateful for the the moments they provided last night

5. Seeing them beat the Raiders, Titans, and CHeifs are moments that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I'll never doubt this team as long as this coaching staff and Burrow are out there. I just hope they provide more fun moments like they did this year.

6. 7 months until week one. FA isn't starting for another month or so I think. Until then, my friends.
Reply/Quote
This was definitely the most fun season I have ever been a part of. Every game this postseason, I was just genuinely on the edge of my seat and excited. Even the SB loss doesn't sting as bad as I ever thought it would. My best friend is a Rams fan, so we watched the game together. We are both <30, and he remembers the early 2000's Rams SB but he was just a kid and not quite the fan he is now. He endured all of the rough STL seasons and the move to LA, then the ugly loss to NE in their prior SB. When LA won, he just started crying. So, that and seeing Whit get a SB helped me move past it.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic going forward. I have no idea if they will ever make it back but man they sure as hell are talented enough to do it.
Reply/Quote
Every year someone will lose. For a few minutes in the third it looked like they would take their chance at glory.

The refs overall blew calls on both sides. They cost no one the game. The bengals fought hard and lost there is no shame in defeat. The rams earned it. The bengals weren’t blown out and they didn’t give it away. The Seahawks and falcons are the ones who gave away recent super bowls that were theirs
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This was definitely the most fun season I have ever been a part of. Every game this postseason, I was just genuinely on the edge of my seat and excited. Even the SB loss doesn't sting as bad as I ever thought it would. My best friend is a Rams fan, so we watched the game together. We are both <30, and he remembers the early 2000's Rams SB but he was just a kid and not quite the fan he is now. He endured all of the rough STL seasons and the move to LA, then the ugly loss to NE in their prior SB. When LA won, he just started crying. So, that and seeing Whit get a SB helped me move past it.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic going forward. I have no idea if they will ever make it back but man they sure as hell are talented enough to do it.

The loss really hurts the long time fans the worst. It’s like “same old bengals, get to the dance but no trophy”. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: The loss really hurts the long time fans the worst. It’s like “same old bengals, get to the dance but no trophy”. 

Ya this one sucks.... Deep down all us old timers knew this would be a likely outcome... The Oline and Apple are trash...
Reply/Quote
I know one wants to see their team get blown out, but it might have been easier to accept this if they did. That's the hardest part of it, it was right there for the taking, if they could have only grasped it. That third quarter it looked like it was coming together, and they were going to just roll. Damn maddening.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I know one wants to see their team get blown out, but it might have been easier to accept this if they did.  That's the hardest part of it, it was right there for the taking, if they could have only grasped it.  That third quarter it looked like it was coming together, and they were going to just roll.  Damn maddening.

It's more than maddening - that was our one chance. In all likelihood this team never makes it back. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: The loss really hurts the long time fans the worst. It’s like “same old bengals, get to the dance but no trophy”. 

(02-14-2022, 12:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's more than maddening - that was our one chance. In all likelihood this team never makes it back. 

jfc…

Those that say “same old Bengals” regarding this team need to reconnect with reality. I get that your sad, but the overreaction of saying that they’ll likely never make it back is such an extremely stupid thing to say.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote