Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dept Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathroom
(02-14-2018, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You sure can, but when people call for the government to regulate and make laws based on what X% of people deem "weird" that's where the issue (should) arise.

As I pointed out, what is deemed weird or unacceptable in this country has a tendency to change on a regular basis.  

You can’t have men going into the women’s restroom when children go in there..... it’s an actual safety issue.
(02-14-2018, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred tried this approach once and got destroyed. he list a whole lot of assaults and about 99.95 were males getting assaulted because they went into female bathrooms. I think 1 was of a male getting assaulted for using the men's room.

Total lie.
(02-14-2018, 03:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can’t have men going into the women’s restroom when children go in there.....   it’s an actual safety issue.

But aren't there children in the mens room with men?  And what man who wants to go into a restroom to cause harm to children is going to be stopped by the icon with a dress on the door?  

Nothing stopped Trump from walking into the Teen Miss USA dressing room, and I'm fairly sure that was done during a time when it wasn't even remotely ok for a man to go into a women's dressing area, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2018, 03:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are entitled to feel as you wish.   Your salvation is in your hands.

That's fine by me, I'm just saying that you are the one who defined weird as an action or belief similar to that caused by a mental illness.  I'd say believing in/hearing/talking to something that may not exist might be compared to schizophrenia by some.
Hey Nate, Not sure why but this scene came to mind. Do you remember this movie?

(02-14-2018, 03:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey Nate, Not sure why but this scene came to mind.  Do you remember this movie?

Tom Hanks at his peak.
(02-14-2018, 03:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And yet the vast majority of sex offenders are straight white men.  Maybe Pence has it right by not trusting himself around women.

Pence stays at mommas hip
People suck
(02-14-2018, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's fine by me, I'm just saying that you are the one who defined weird as an action or belief similar to that caused by a mental illness.  I'd say believing in/hearing/talking to something that may not exist might be compared to schizophrenia by some.

(02-14-2018, 03:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And yet the vast majority of sex offenders are straight white men.  Maybe Pence has it right by not trusting himself around women.

And it always comes back to this:  Who is looking to see what the other guy is packing in the bathroom?  

If you're THAT worried never go out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2018, 03:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can’t have men going into the women’s restroom when children go in there.....   it’s an actual safety issue.

Gay men or straight men?

What about lesbians using the womens room when young girls are in there.
(02-13-2018, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My opinion has not changed; use the facility designed for your biological sex; because after all; using the bathroom is a biological function.

Nothing about my biology would make me unable to use a woman's bathroom.
We still on this?  How 'bout overturning Citizen's United, ban the lobby, implement term limits, cut out lifetime bennies, fix the damn infrastructure, level the trade deals' playing field, fund SS, indict and convict those taking bribes....er campaign donations...for treason, close the wealth gap, get our veterans off the streets, make it to where you don't have to choose between your house and healthcare, implement alternative energies, etc etc.  THEN, we'll get around to worrying about these smokescreen issues they use to shield what is REALLY going on on Capitol Hill at these 2am legislation sessions.

Shit, after you get all of the damn wasteful spending reined in, you may have enough surplus for men's, women's, and "undecided's" bathrooms for all.  Win, win.

Seriously though, it's pretty much been handled with the "family restrooms" you are seeing more and more these days.  That keeps the kiddos safe, and after that, piss and shit where you want.

"Better send those refunds..."

(02-14-2018, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred tried this approach once and got destroyed. he list a whole lot of assaults and about 99.95 were males getting assaulted because they went into female bathrooms. I think 1 was of a male getting assaulted for using the men's room.

Now perhaps he was just terrible at research. What numbers do you have that shows most violence occurs when someone if forced to use the facility that matches their sex? As most he had showed violence occurred far more frequently when folks tried to use facilities opposite their sex.

I imagine that the first part about Fred is embellished, but it looks like I took anecdotal evidence and incorrectly assumed it was statistical. So I will take back my post since none of the surveys separate assaults into "while using X or Y bathroom". One survey noted that the only sexual assault that occurred was to a trans woman while she was in the mens room, so 1 out of 100 isn't statistically significant. 

It's dangerous for trans people to use the restroom in public due to discrimination, but I can't make any definitive claims on which bathroom is truly worse for them to use for their own safety purposes. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-14-2018, 05:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We still on this?  How 'bout overturning Citizen's United, ban the lobby, implement term limits, cut out lifetime bennies, fix the damn infrastructure, level the trade deals' playing field, fund SS, indict and convict those taking bribes....er campaign donations...for treason, close the wealth gap, get our veterans off the streets, make it to where you don't have to choose between your house and healthcare, implement alternative energies, etc etc.  THEN, we'll get around to worrying about these smokescreen issues they use to shield what is REALLY going on on Capitol Hill at these 2am legislation sessions.

Shit, after you get all of the damn wasteful spending reined in, you may have enough surplus for men's, women's, and "undecided's" bathrooms for all.  Win, win.

Seriously though, it's pretty much been handled with the "family restrooms" you are seeing more and more these days.  That keeps the kiddos safe, and after that, piss and shit where you want.

I have said for a while that the family restroom can be used. It’s the restroom where people go so they don’t have to violate the private space of others in ten restroom.
(02-14-2018, 05:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have said for a while that the family restroom can be used.   It’s the restroom where people go so they don’t have to violate the private space of others in ten restroom.

Seems rather common sense to me.....but what do I know?

(02-14-2018, 05:24 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Seems rather common sense to me.....but what do I know?

Ofc it is...... but it’s not about having a private place to do their business. It’s about forcing their lifestyle on everyone else and children. .
(02-14-2018, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total lie.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question?page=11&highlight=transgender

It starts going south for you on post 212 with your examples. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-14-2018, 05:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc it is......  but it’s not about having a private place to do their business.   It’s about forcing their lifestyle on everyone else and children.   .

I never understood that line of "reasoning".

A woman prefers to live as a man in dress and in lifestyle.

She goes into the men's room and does her business in the stall and exits the room.

How exactly is that "forcing their lifestyle on every else and children"?

A man prefers to live as a woman in dress and in lifestyle.

He goes into the ladies room and does his business in the stall and exist the room.

Quick answer: It's not.

Long answer:  It's not unless someone has such an innate fear of anything different that they wish to shield their offspring from anything but what THEY consider the proper way to live.

The ONLY people making a stink and "forcing their lifestyle on everyone else" are the paranoid folks who INSIST something bad will happen to the "normal people" by someone using the opposite bathroom in public.

It amazes and astounds me how human beings get so convinced that everything bad will happen to THEM because of something they don't understand when statistically it's more likely to never happen to ANYONE.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2018, 05:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc it is......  but it’s not about having a private place to do their business.   It’s about forcing their lifestyle on everyone else and children.   .

Hold up...

Maybe I now get why you're against this. So you're telling me that if a trans person uses a bathroom, everyone else in the bathroom becomes trans too? Even the children!?! Why isn't the liberal media telling us this shit?

(02-14-2018, 05:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: I never understood that line of "reasoning".

A woman prefers to live as a man in dress and in lifestyle.

She goes into the men's room and does her business in the stall and exits the room.

A man prefers to live as a woman in dress and in lifestyle.

He goes into the ladies room and does his business in the stall and exist the room.

Quick answer: It's not.

Long answer:  It's not unless someone has such an innate fear of anything different that they wish to shield their offspring from anything but what THEY consider the proper way to live.

The ONLY people making a stink and "forcing their lifestyle on everyone else" are the paranoid folks who INSIST something bad will happen to the "normal people" by someone using the opposite bathroom in public.

It amazes and astounds me how human beings get so convinced that everything bad will happen to THEM because of something they don't understand when statistically it's more likely to never happen to ANYONE.

To me, the concern was having pedophiles claiming to be transgender in order to gain access to the women's room specifically.  I have no qualms or issue with the trans community.....live and let live I say.  However, I have two very young daughters, and a wife that works nights.  So, as you can imagine, there are several instances where I have to send them into a public restroom alone.  I have seen the argument "who sends young children into public restrooms left to their own devices", well......I do.  I often have no choice.  The family restroom has been a God send, but they are unfortunately not in every place you go.  Sure, I stand by the door (getting some odd looks....lol), and I always send them in together, but in an increasingly mad world, ya never know.

(02-14-2018, 05:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: To me, the concern was having pedophiles claiming to be transgender in order to gain access to the women's room specifically.  I have no qualms or issue with the trans community.....live and let live I say.  However, I have two very young daughters, and a wife that works nights.  So, as you can imagine, there are several instances where I have to send them into a public restroom alone.  I have seen the argument "who sends young children into public restrooms left to their own devices", well......I do.  I often have no choice.  The family restroom has been a God send, but they are unfortunately not in every place you go.  Sure, I stand by the door (getting some odd looks....lol), and I always send them in together, but in an increasingly mad world, ya never know.

That would still be illegal under these laws and men who wants to assault children in the bathroom have been doing it for years. There haven't been any cases of trans people actually assaulting people due to these laws. Last I checked, no one in law enforcement in these jurisdictions have noted a problem because of this.