Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dept Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathroom
(02-14-2018, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred tried this approach once and got destroyed. he list a whole lot of assaults and about 99.95 were males getting assaulted because they went into female bathrooms. I think 1 was of a male getting assaulted for using the men's room.

Total lie.

(02-14-2018, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question?page=11&highlight=transgender

It starts going south for you on post 212 with your examples. 

Thanks for the proof that your claim was a total lie.

Only 2 of the five cases I cited were of men (biological) being assaulted for going into the ladies room.  I don't think that is quite 99.5%
(02-14-2018, 05:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: To me, the concern was having pedophiles claiming to be transgender in order to gain access to the women's room specifically.  I have no qualms or issue with the trans community.....live and let live I say.  However, I have two very young daughters, and a wife that works nights.  So, as you can imagine, there are several instances where I have to send them into a public restroom alone.  I have seen the argument "who sends young children into public restrooms left to their own devices", well......I do.  I often have no choice.  The family restroom has been a God send, but they are unfortunately not in every place you go.  Sure, I stand by the door (getting some odd looks....lol), and I always send them in together, but in an increasingly mad world, ya never know.

Should there be a law against lesbians using the ladies room?
(02-14-2018, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That would still be illegal under these laws and men who wants to assault children in the bathroom have been doing it for years. There haven't been any cases of trans people actually assaulting people due to these laws. Last I checked, no one in law enforcement in these jurisdictions have noted a problem because of this.

Right......it's not the trans people I would be concerned with.....and maybe it's just me being an overprotective father....but I felt it was a legit concern.  As I stated in my post above, I'm more concerned with government corruption than I am wedge issues (hence why you rarely see me post in this forum), I say piss where you wanna piss.....so long as all efforts at protecting children are exhausted.  The main point I was trying to make is that not everyone who was iffy on this legislation had a bigoted or religious agenda to push.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2018, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Should there be a law against lesbians using the ladies room?

I would have no issue, so long as they aren't pedophiles.  My children are taught not to judge, persecute, or ridicule others.  I think you know where I was going with that......but draw your own inferences.

(02-14-2018, 06:04 PM)Wyche Wrote:  The main point I was trying to make is that not everyone who was iffy on this legislation had a bigoted or religious agenda to push.

That's fair, and no one is going to accuse someone like yourself of that based on your reputation here. 

The issue is that the loudest proponents of these bills, and many times the authors and legislators themselves, describe trans people as the problem that needs to be fixed. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I would like to add that to me there is a big difference between transgender students (remember the OP) using the same bathrooms (ok) and showering together (not ok).

I also have problems with transgender girls competing against girls in sports.

Basically I want to respect the rights of trans individuals as much as possible, but not when they start to infringe on the rights of others.
(02-14-2018, 06:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's fair, and no one is going to accuse someone like yourself of that based on your reputation here. 

The issue is that the loudest proponents of these bills, and many times the authors and legislators themselves, describe trans people as the problem that needs to be fixed. 

No one says they should be fixed. Plenty of people say they should be offered the counseling they need to sort themselves out mentally and overcome their issues. Playing dress up is fine.
(02-14-2018, 06:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's fair, and no one is going to accuse someone like yourself of that based on your reputation here. 

Thanks Pat.....*sigh*, as a Christian myself, I find that a lot of my brothers and sisters forget that little nugget about "judge not lest ye be judged."  Even if we may disagree with a choice, it's not our place to judge.  I don't think Jesus would be stoning LGBT folks or chastising them.  I try to base my feelings about others by their actions and what's in their hearts, not their choices or ethnicity.  Fairly simple concept, really. :andy:

(02-14-2018, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would like to add that to me there is a big difference between transgender students (remember the OP) using the same bathrooms (ok) and showering together (not ok).

I also have problems with transgender girls competing against girls in sports.

Basically I want to respect the rights of trans individuals as much as possible, but not when they start to infringe on the rights of others.

I can agree with that.

(02-14-2018, 06:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one says they should be fixed.  Plenty of people say they should be offered the counseling they need to sort themselves out mentally and overcome their issues.   Playing dress up is fine.

Your religious beliefs are nothing more than mental delusions.  You believe in things that do not exist.

What are you doing to overcome your issues?
(02-14-2018, 06:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one says they should be fixed.  Plenty of people say they should be offered the counseling they need to sort themselves out mentally and overcome their issues.   Playing dress up is fine.

"Problem that needs to be fixed" means seeing them using certain bathrooms as a danger to public safety (problem) and wanted to legislate a solution (fixed).

But thanks for adding a touch more of your transphobia to this thread.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

As long as no one is pushing their ideals off on me (which is the case with some PEOPLE, not always the entire community), I'm fine.  I won't do it either.  I've never had this issue, so I can't really comment on it intelligently.  I've known several gay people, and a few that dressed in drag, but I don't know that I've ever met a transgender person.....and none of these folks pushed any belief system upon me.

(02-14-2018, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your religious beliefs are nothing more than mental delusions.  You believe in things that do not exist.

Jesus Christ certainly existed..... :andy: Rock On

(02-14-2018, 06:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Jesus Christ certainly existed..... :andy: Rock On

Yes he did.

So did the Prophet Muhammed.
Penis prevention laws won’t stop anyone but those of us legally able to swing one. The only way to sto a sexual assault with a penis is to have a bigger penis.

So let’s scrap transgender bathroom laws, take a page out of the nra handbook and just station guys with giant dongs inside every restroom, ready to defend should someone trying to pee wander into the wrong room and feel the need to assault someone.
(02-14-2018, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total lie.

Thanks for the proof that your claim was a total lie.

Only 2 of the five cases I cited were of men (biological) being assaulted for going into the ladies room.  I don't think that is quite 99.5%
Just stop. You're going to have those that don't know better thinking you made a point instead of destroying your own argument. Hell you even admitted it later in the thread 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-14-2018, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your religious beliefs are nothing more than mental delusions.  You believe in things that do not exist.

I’m not forcing anyone to accept my religious beliefs nor do I expect anyone to acknowledge the existence of God.

That is the difference between the two.
(02-14-2018, 06:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he did.

So did the Prophet Muhammed.

The original child rapist.

I remember the day I had my spiritual awakening.  One of my friends pointed out that my belief in god meant I couldn't laugh at the goth chicks who were casting spells and curses on each other without being a total hypocrite.  Personally, I find the social aspects of these acceptable beliefs versus unacceptable beliefs to be quite fascinating.  It's pretty interesting that we live in a society where belief in a magical Jewish carpenter is encouraged, while belief in Bigfoot is the fast-track to being ridiculed by people who believe in a magical Jewish carpenter and people who don't believe in a magical Jewish carpenter, alike.

As for this bathroom thing, it's yet another way something that makes people socially uncomfortable is label "dangerous" in order to vilify it.  You don't get as much support saying trans people in the "wrong" bathroom is weird as you do saying trans people in the "wrong" bathroom is dangerous...dangerous to girls and women.  Wait, do we care about girls and women being sexually assaulted now?  I can never keep track of how important that sort of thing is to the right-wing.

(02-14-2018, 07:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The original child rapist.

Right, at least the god we accept waited until Mary was 12 or so before he surprise knocked her up. 
such a shame some people have only applied their vast intelligence to the menial field(s) they claim