Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Barnett Pro Day Results
(04-04-2017, 03:00 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I love taco, but not charlton at 9.  Im cooling on Barnett some too.  You hope to get an impact player at 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this was funny

Also worth noting.

In reality I have loved Charlton for a long time. I think he is Dunlap, and if someone said you could draft Dunlap at 9 in this draft you would do it. The thing is if you like him at 15-18 but not 9 then you need to take him at 9 because you won't see him in the 2nd. Where someone goes isn't a huge deal if you believe them to be the best fit.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: I thought this was funny

Also worth noting.

In reality I have loved Charlton for a long time. I think he is Dunlap, and if someone said you could draft Dunlap at 9 in this draft you would do it. The thing is if you like him at 15-18 but not 9 then you need to take him at 9 because you won't see him in the 2nd. Where someone goes isn't a huge deal if you believe them to be the best fit.

I get that to an extent.  If the player is 15th and fill a major need at 9 so be it.  I'm not necessarily sold on him at nine tho.  Davis, Howard, foster, Reddick offer more value there IMHO 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 03:00 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I love taco, but not charlton at 9.  Im cooling on Barnett some too.  You hope to get an impact player at 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the funniest commercials in the last 5 years:

WTS. I am growing more and more fond of Charlton everyday. 6'6" with 35" arms. The thing is I disliked him when he was getting hyped before the combine. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meanwhile it looks like Taco Charlton is working at it:
http://prod.www.ravens.clubs.nfl.com/videos/videos/Taco-Charltons-Pro-Day-Highlights/32106305-e682-419c-8cea-ffb6d78a43fd

Read he's cut about 10 lbs since the combine and ran in the high 4.7s

if we trade down.. i could see him available after 15.. no way would i reach at 9 for him...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 11:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if we trade down.. i could see him available after 15.. no way would i reach at 9 for him...

Hate to get off topic but, if you take him at 9 versus 15 what the difference besides the number? If that was your guy at 15 what magically changes at 9? If he gets 8/9 sacks as a rookie do you really care he was 9 or 15? Value is based on production and you don't know if taking the guy at 9, 15 or 55 was a good deal until he gets on the field and plays. One of my pet peeves with the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 09:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hate to get off topic but, if you take him at 9 versus 15 what the difference besides the number? If that was your guy at 15 what magically changes at 9? If he gets 8/9 sacks as a rookie do you really care he was 9 or 15? Value is based on production and you don't know if taking the guy at 9, 15 or 55 was a good deal until he gets on the field and plays. One of my pet peeves with the draft.

Yea, I understand not wanting to draft a guy in the first if you think he's only worth a second. There's a massive drop between rounds.

But 6 picks? Come on now. That kind of drop can occur just from team needs all the time.

If you like him at 15, you have to like him at 9. Otherwise, you didn't actually like him at 15.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 09:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I understand not wanting to draft a guy in the first if you think he's only worth a second. There's a massive drop between rounds.

But 6 picks? Come on now. That kind of drop can occur just from team needs all the time.

If you like him at 15, you have to like him at 9. Otherwise, you didn't actually like him at 15.

Exactly. A team cannot guarantee a trade back, so you pick the player you want at your draft position. That player may not be the 9th best overall player, but if you know he won't be available the next round and you can't trade, you just "reach".

Now, IIRC, if a team doesn't get their pick in on time, they essentially get bumped back a pick, right? So would people be happy if the Bengals just don't put in their pick so that they drop to 15th? Then it wouldn't be considered a reach, right? Tongue
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 09:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. A team cannot guarantee a trade back, so you pick the player you want at your draft position. That player may not be the 9th best overall player, but if you know he won't be available the next round and you can't trade, you just "reach".

Now, IIRC, if a team doesn't get their pick in on time, they essentially get bumped back a pick, right? So would people be happy if the Bengals just don't put in their pick so that they drop to 15th? Then it wouldn't be considered a reach, right? Tongue

PBS would burn...
Reply/Quote