Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Barnett
I like Bennet but there has to be a reason sites have him as the 4-5 best DE in the draft and nowhere near the #9 overall pick. Of course most have Allen as #1 overall and I don't agree with that either.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Hooker may be the bust. He only started 1 year right? I would be happy if we trade back and trade McCarron for extra picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 04:03 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think Hooker may be the bust. He only started 1 year right? I would be happy if we trade back and trade McCarron for extra picks.

Yeah but he's looking like ed reed and Eric berry. He's gonna be an all pro for many years to come.
Reply/Quote
I would love it if we drafted Barnett.

He has 33 career sacks, which ties him with Von Miller's career in college. And he did it in 3 years, whereas Miller played all 4 years at TA&M.

When I watch him I see that kind of play maker.

Now, I have a few on my list as well, but that all is pending free agency.

If we are able to sign Whit to a 1 or 2 year deal and Lafell re-signs for a reasonable number, I would be very comfortable going with Barnett at 9. He could really make our defense take that next step.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 02:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would love it if we drafted Barnett.

He has 33 career sacks, which ties him with Von Miller's career in college. And he did it in 3 years, whereas Miller played all 4 years at TA&M.

When I watch him I see that kind of play maker.

Now, I have a few on my list as well, but that all is pending free agency.

If we are able to sign Whit to a 1 or 2 year deal and Lafell re-signs for a reasonable number, I would be very comfortable going with Barnett at 9. He could really make our defense take that next step.

Now I have been yelled at for keep posting this but going to anyways. Look at barnetts tackling numbers. They have gone down every single year from his freshman year of 73 all the way down to 56. That's an average of 3.5 tackles a game. I like his sack numbers but his tackling numbers give me concerns. The point is this. Is Demarcus walker who has had 25 sacks in the last 2 years that much worse than Barnett? And we can get him in round 2 giving us another impact player at 9 ala Williams hooker etc. this is a legitimate question bc walkers stats have gone up every year sacks and tackles while barnetts tackles have gone down every year. I would much rather let lafell go and get Williams at 9.
Reply/Quote