Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Derek Carr benched
The Raiders have benched QB Derek Carr for the remainder of the season. Normally a team tanking at the end of the season is not a big deal. However, the Raiders' final game is against the Chiefs, and WAS the better opportunity for a loss for Kansas City which the Bengals need for #1 seed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: The Raiders have benched QB Derek Carr for the remainder of the season.  Normally a team tanking at the end of the season is not a big deal.  However, the Raiders' final game is against the Chiefs, and WAS the better opportunity for a loss for Kansas City which the Bengals need for #1 seed

Looks Like this is to Make sure he doesn't get the injury guarantee next season.  (40 mil if cant pass physical)

Likely Carr is Traded in the offseason.

Maybe the Raiders 2nd Stringer can spark some life into them.

At the Very Least i hope the Broncos Defense tries to recover from being Mayfield (they were one of the best in the league till that game   (sadly russ is done though)
Reply/Quote
So where will he be next season? I'm thinking New Orleans or Washington?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 07:41 PM)J24 Wrote: So where will he be next season? I'm thinking New Orleans or Washington?

I’m calling Indianapolis.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 07:41 PM)J24 Wrote: So where will he be next season? I'm thinking New Orleans or Washington?

I mean I like Andy Dalton, but with all due respect... I kinda feel like Carr is Andy Dalton.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 05:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Looks Like this is to Make sure he doesn't get the injury guarantee next season.  (40 mil if cant pass physical)

Likely Carr is Traded in the offseason.

Maybe the Raiders 2nd Stringer can spark some life into them.

At the Very Least i hope the Broncos Defense tries to recover from being Mayfield (they were one of the best in the league till that game   (sadly russ is done though)

I'm sure they'll try to trade Carr, but I don't see it happening. The Raiders save around $25 million just releasing Carr. I can see him signing with a team to be a bridge QB. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Who gets picked up first... Mayfield or Carr?
Reply/Quote
Derek Carr a New York Jet?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The line for week 18 between Chiefs and Raiders moved 4 points in Chiefs direction with this news. Just need Bengals to get the 2 seed so we dont face the Chargers. Chiefs remind me of Titans last season they could be 1 and done. Their D is toast. Their O while still good not quite at the level they were at last year. Chargers have me nervous they have explosive receivers that can expose our corners and 2 edge rushers that can cause problems for our passing game. We win comfortably against Chargers IMO if we are willing to give it to Mixon and Perine 35 to 40 times.
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to watch Miami. Tua has some issues unfortunately and they need a good backup.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Per PFT he has now left the team, with the teams permission, in order to "avoid being a distraction". A move like that will just create more questions from the media to teammates than if he just hung around the facility.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 10:19 PM)jason Wrote: I mean I like Andy Dalton, but with all due respect... I kinda feel like Carr is Andy Dalton.

Carr is like Dalton if Dalton only made the playoffs once...ouch.

But seriously, let the Brady to the Raiders talk begin.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who gets picked up first... Mayfield or Carr?

Is Mayfield only a Ram through the end of this season?

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is Mayfield only a Ram through the end of this season?

yeah he was on the 5th year option this year.... and is unrestricted free agent at the end of the season
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah he was on the 5th year option this year.... and is unrestricted free agent at the end of the season

McVay really liked him during that draft so who knows... Stafford was hurt this year, but he really sucked too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:31 PM)jason Wrote: McVay really liked him during that draft so who knows... Stafford was hurt this year, but he really sucked too.

McDaniels (Raiders)  also had a workout with Mayfield before that draft.

And I think the Colts might be in a better place if they had gone that way instead of Retired Matt Ryan
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah he was on the 5th year option this year.... and is unrestricted free agent at the end of the season

Like or hate Mayfield, he hasn’t had good coaching or an above avg offense. He could earn a prove it deal for next year and possibly perform very well with the Rams offense.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 05:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Like or hate Mayfield, he hasn’t had good coaching or an above avg offense. He could earn a prove it deal for next year and possibly perform very well with the Rams offense.

After putting up 51 points on the (at the time #2 Defense)  i suspect the Rams will try and keep him
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 10:19 PM)jason Wrote: I mean I like Andy Dalton, but with all due respect... I kinda feel like Carr is Andy Dalton.

But minus the winning.

Even with the terrible ending in Cincinnati, Dalton still finished 70-61-2 here with 5 winning seasons and 2 division titles. Carr is 63-79 with 2 winning seasons and 0 division titles.

I understand the move from the Raiders to not have to worry about the $40m injury guarantee, but it sure does hurt the Bengals hopes of the Chiefs losing the game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote