Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Wolfe to visit
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/3/15/21175762/free-agent-dl-derek-wolfe-to-meet-with-bengals

He would be a solid pickup for the defense. The Bengals might have an advantage with his UC ties.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 03:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/3/15/21175762/free-agent-dl-derek-wolfe-to-meet-with-bengals

He would be a solid pickup for the defense.  The Bengals might have an advantage with his UC ties.

Heard about this awhile back, think he would be a nice pickup to back up Geno.

Even bringing in a guy like Wolfe makes me feel better about us in FA this year.
Reply/Quote
Would be a decent start to FA
Reply/Quote
from Cincinnati and still tread on the tires. I like it for a 2 year deal

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard about this awhile back, think he would be a nice pickup to back up Geno.

Even bringing in a guy like Wolfe makes me feel better about us in FA this year.

He wouldn’t be a backup. He would be starting along with Geno Dunlap and Hubbard and we would be attacking

He had more sacks and played in fewer games than Geno last year.
Reply/Quote
From what I've read, he's a had a rough time with injuries of late. Even with that being the case, most articles I've seen indicate that Denver would be sad to see him go. I wonder what he'll command contract-wise.

We have a lot of space-eating DTs and another in Glasgow that isn't massive but plays a similar role. Wolfe might fill a role of backing up Geno to provide a bit more versatility.
Reply/Quote
Hmm seems like most of you consider him playing inside. I was always under the impression he was on the edge. I guess he could play both....
Reply/Quote
My guess would be he can line up next to Geno inside on passing downs and rotate with Geno to keep him fresh which the Bengals stated they wanted to do. He could also be used as a DE in a 3-4 front which could be a possibility since Hobson and Anarumo have been talking about more of a hybrid defense all offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 12:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He wouldn’t be a backup. He would be starting along with Geno Dunlap and Hubbard and we would be attacking

He had more sacks and played in fewer games than Geno last year.

Well in the 3-4 hybrid you would have to have a Nose Tackle. In this Wolfe and Geno would be on the edge with Billings or 
Tupou at NT and Hubbard and Dunlap at OLB along with Lawson rotating.

Wolfe could be starting next to Geno in a 4-3.

(03-16-2020, 11:05 AM)lone bengal Wrote: My guess would be he can line up next to Geno inside on passing downs and rotate with Geno to keep him fresh which the Bengals stated they wanted to do. He could also be used as a DE in a 3-4 front which could be a possibility since Hobson and Anarumo have been talking about more of a hybrid defense all offseason.

This is what I was thinking.
Reply/Quote