Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks
(01-17-2020, 07:46 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Some people here have never had a playoff win in their lifetime. I think we we have the right to name call a millionaire who hasn’t done ANYTHING to change his failures over the past 29 years.

I wasn't following this too closely, but if you're speaking of Michael Brown, his net worth is 925 million (in a 2018 article).

I would refer to him as Billionaire. So close, yet so far! If he could just, get, that last, 75 mill....

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wasn't following this too closely, but if you're speaking of Michael Brown, his net worth is 925 million (in a 2018 article).

I would refer to him as Billionaire. So close, yet so far! If he could just, get, that last, 75 mill....

Thanks!

My apologies. Please buy your season tickets this year. Or don’t, he will collect the NFL check anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:46 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Some people here have never had a playoff win in their lifetime. I think we we have the right to name call a millionaire who hasn’t done ANYTHING to change his failures over the past 29 years.

Here's the thing.  I don't care if he's a millionaire, billionaire, or flat out broke as a joke.  He's still a real individual, and people don't deserve to be slandered, by being coined as having mated and produced offspring with their own direct relatives.

Sure, we encourage free thought and expression of opinions around here, but have some common sense.  If you want to fault him for his management style, great.  If you want to call him money loving, go right ahead.  If you want say that he works only to seemingly serve his own self interests, that's fine too.  But, there is absolutely no need to ever reduce the conversation to the lowest common denominator, by using ugly, non-proven, disgusting terms like "inbreds" to describe anyone that obviously is not.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:43 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I personally believe we have the right to call Mike anything that is not racial derogatory for what has happened over all these years. He has done NOTHING for us, so we take the high road and pretend to be in LaLa land with no playoff wins in 29 years. No thank you. I will take my temp-bans and return being the fanatic I am.

You have whatever rights the code of conduct says you have here on this board. So, no, you don’t have a right to use that term because it’s against the rules.

It’s also insane to somehow determine that no playoff wins means you can say Mike or his relatives/ancestors committed incest.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wasn't following this too closely, but if you're speaking of Michael Brown, his net worth is 925 million (in a 2018 article).

Thanks!

That could be his real life ambition, to become a billionaire.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 09:05 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: That could be his real life ambition.

[Image: th?id=OIP.8mxaxOHfgLLhh_3EKJKNYwHaEc&pid...=309&h=186]

[Image: th?id=OIP.Uch8vaBdA18d1aLAnSJtwgHaFE&pid...=225&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm already on my second billion dollars . . . I gave up on the first billion . . . that shit is hard.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Bump (In case anyone missed this discussion)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 12:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bump  (In case anyone missed this discussion)

Pin it
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pin it

We've noticed a recent lack of general civility among some of the members lately.  We're hoping that the one's who need it, duly take notice of this thread and it's discussion.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote