Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer v Burrow
Dalton was ten times better than Palmer....Just sucks he could never get over the playoff hump
Reply/Quote
That’s a horrible take. Chad would have been great no matter where he played. He was a stud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 02:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a horrible take. Chad would have been great no matter where he played. He was a stud.

Is that why he was so lost when he went to New England?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 09:33 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Is that why he was so lost when he went to New England?

Seriously? He was 33 years old by that point.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 01:16 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Another fake news post, you just keep them coming.

How did Ocho do with Tom Brady?  

How consistent was Henry on the field?  When he was suspended or cut or injured?  I’m a big fan of the kid but he wasn’t exactly a reliable asset for Palmer.  Who was Palmer’s TE?  Palmer had 1 year with a decent o-line before it all fell apart with injuries, retirement, and guys leaving in free agency.  

AJ Green made Andy.
Carson Palmer made Chad Ochocinco.  
Period.

This landed with a dud. Sad.

Next caller!

No more calls from folks slamming the great Oline's consisting of the likes of Big Willie, Whit, Braham, Bobbie, and Levi Jones (even Steiny) along with Wideouts like Chad, TJ, and Henry please. If you want your points to be legit and credible. And certainly don't call those lines and players accomplishments "Fake News".

But I do want to take the opportunity to shout out one of the best blocking TE's in the game under Palmer in Reggie Kelly, who helped establish one of the best running offenses in the league under Palmer. But if he and his consistency and availability is forgotten for the shiny object that couldn't stay healthy in Eifert, that's OK.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:17 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm gonna have to disagree with this line. Dalton has had a RB & WR to help him get a playoff win, heck even one thing he had that Carson never had was a TE.

Carson had Chad and TJ as his WR. He had Chris Henry as his third option. Than his TE was a very solid blocking TE in Reggie. His OL unit was really solid and that unit along with the TE helped paved the way for Rudi and Cedric. The D wasn't the best but it was a middle of the pack D that was turn over happy and yet Carson stating Bengals didn't want to win. I'm sorry but he left here and the team still won without him. Maybe he was holding the team back with his selfish high salary. 

Dalton has had some good teams as well like Palmer and it looked like he was going to get the first playoff win for the Bengals in 2015. Instead of building off that season and trying to keep the key contributors they allowed many to walk and the team hasn't been the same since. 

Both Palmer and Dalton had set backs do to injuries with the Bengals when both had a chance to bring that first playoff win. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 01:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The thread title is Burrow vs Palmer...

Meaning I’m comparing current projected #1 pick Burrow to former #1 pick Carson Palmer pre-injury.  

Dalton is at best an average to below average QB who is the least consistent QB in the NFL.  He only succeeded when he everyone around him was healthy and there was talent all over the offense.  Even then he was lucky enough to have better defenses than Carson ever had.  

AJ Green was a way better talent than Chad was for Palmer.  Palmer more than likely made Chad Johnson look better than we was.  While AJ Green made Andy look better than he is.  There’s no doubt in my mind that had the roles were  reversed and Palmer played on the team Dalton was on and vice versa Palmer would have done much better than 1 td 6 interceptions in the playoffs.

I wonder how Andy would perform behind the OL Palmer had and having RB that were chewing up the opposing defenses with 200 yard games regularly. Palmer had it good early in his career with a good supporting cast and when that cast was starting to leave it impacted his play and without that cast he cried his way out. 

Andy stuck it out and hopefully can find a new home. 

As for Burrow; welcome to Jungle where the cats are currently still learning what a block is and how to tackle. It's like playing pee-wee football back in the 80's and early 90's. 

Wink
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 01:07 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I wonder how Andy would perform behind the OL Palmer had and having RB that were chewing up the opposing defenses with 200 yard games regularly. Palmer had it good early in his career with a good supporting cast and when that cast was starting to leave it impacted his play and without that cast he cried his way out. 

Andy stuck it out and hopefully can find a new home. 

As for Burrow; welcome to Jungle where the cats are currently still learning what a block is and how to tackle. It's like playing pee-wee football back in the 80's and early 90's. 

Wink

200 yds/game???? The most rushing yds Palmer's teams had was 1900 and the lowest was 865 for the season. Dalton definitely had the better run support
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 01:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:    200 yds/game???? The most rushing yds Palmer's teams had was 1900 and the lowest was 865 for the season. Dalton definitely had the better run support

Let's just state both Palmer and Dalton had good support cast. Neither could make it happen given that the support cast changed and had an impact on their play. 

Hopefully ZT can provide Burrow, if drafted, a similar situation that Dalton and Palmer had, good supporting cast. 
Reply/Quote