Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Derogatory/Disparaging terms/names/remarks
(12-28-2019, 10:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's all we got Sunset.  Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams being the Tackle we need.

A lot of people were hoping Taylor could turn a perceived 5-11 team into a modest 8 to 9 win team from coaching in his first year.

The poll totals suggested that less than 8 wins would be considered a failure.

That was hope for this current season.  Taylor/returning injured players/draft/FAs.  Well we saw how that panned out...  #1OA

So yeah.  JB's success is kinda gonna be a turning point for putting asses in seats and fans to give a damn about the team.

What a package to unveil, Jonah and Joe.  The LT/QB combo of the new era of Bengals football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's all we got Sunset.  Joe Burrow and Jonah Williams being the Tackle we need.

A lot of people were hoping Taylor could turn a perceived 5-11 team into a modest 8 to 9 win team from coaching in his first year.

The poll totals suggested that less than 8 wins would be considered a failure.

That was hope for this current season.  Taylor/returning injured players/draft/FAs.  Well we saw how that panned out...  #1OA

So yeah.  JB's success is kinda gonna be a turning point for putting asses in seats and fans to give a damn about the team.

It just sucks that's always...wait until next year for us Bengals fans.

But, the Browns fans got a cruel lesson this year too. You cant just add 2-3 big names and win either.

Man...is Kitchens a cautionary tale for us that adding players with bad coaches wont help.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It just sucks that's always...wait until next year for us Bengals fans.

But, the Browns fans got a cruel lesson this year too. You cant just add 2-3 big names and win either.

Man...is Kitchens a cautionary tale for us that adding players with bad coaches wont help.

Kitchens is definitely a problem, but I also think no matter how much talent a team assembles it has to be the right group of players. Even with bad coaching there’s no way Cleveland should be this bad. Might be some character issues in that locker room...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I feel ya man.

I was telling a friend of mine the other day who also is a Bengals fan.

"There isn't a thing in my life that I know more about that causes so much frustration that I have NO control over."

You realize this when you talk to a casual fan and you're producing players of past and present from household name ones to bottom roster or PS guys.

Then you discuss topics about the team like we do on here and they have no clue.

It's a realization of lost time and money towards an ownership that of course would like to win, but either are lazy or don't know how to run a modern NFL team.

So yeah.  I get where you're coming from about losing your desire and interest for the Bengals.
Honestly, this board is a huge part of me sticking around. It’s a misery loves company kinda thing I guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From one fan to another, I'm glad that you found some hope to hold onto.

Me too. I really think that most on here want to be optimistic. It seems a little harder for us fans that went through the 90’s. It was beginning to look very familiar.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:21 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Me too. I really think that most on here want to be optimistic. It seems a little harder for us fans that went through the 90’s. It was beginning to look very familiar.

I've been with this franchise as a fan since it's inception. I see nothing but good things on the horizon.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kitchens is definitely a problem, but I also think no matter how much talent a team assembles it has to be the right group of players. Even with bad coaching there’s no way Cleveland should be this bad. Might be some character issues in that locker room...

Though I don't disagree with character issues I also have seen Kitchens do some real head scratching things.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:21 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Me too. I really think that most on here want to be optimistic. It seems a little harder for us fans that went through the 90’s. It was beginning to look very familiar.

(12-28-2019, 11:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been with this franchise as a fan since it's inception. I see nothing but good things on the horizon.

I'm not quite as old as Sled21, but I started rooting for the Bengals in 1976, I was 7 years old.  Haven't given up on them yet, and likely never will.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Though I don't disagree with character issues I also have seen Kitchens do some real head scratching things.

Yeah, I don’t think he’s a good coach. But when you have players supposedly yelling “come get me” to the Cardinals sideline you got some serious problems on your team...

Reply/Quote
I have a COC request. Can we add calling Joe Burrow "Joe Burrows" to the list of punishable offenses.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:18 AM)samhain Wrote: I have a COC request. Can we add calling Joe Burrow "Joe Burrows" to the list of punishable offenses.

Now THIS I agree with you on.

It’s been driving me nuts lol

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now THIS I agree with you on.

It’s been driving me nuts lol

It's constant, even on the Cincinnati sports radio shows.  People should know his name by now.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kitchens is definitely a problem, but I also think no matter how much talent a team assembles it has to be the right group of players. Even with bad coaching there’s no way Cleveland should be this bad. Might be some character issues in that locker room...

Kitchens needs to go because that team might MIGHT actually be good if they get a real HC and spend the off-season hearing about what disappointing losers they are as opposed to all the love they got going into 2019.  Assuming the Browns will never be good even if they get a real HC could be folly on our part.  I can see why people went overboard with the love going into this year, but people are going to be piling on the hate after being wrong.

Look at the Steelers....they win multiple SBs with Ben and Hines Ward and James Harrison, three guys who are despised and continuously cause issues within their own locker room.  They were even notching some impressive seasons with Bell and AB who are both poison to other organizations.  Winning cures all...I can't believe I have to explain this after all of America managed to forget that Michael Jordan suddenly went from biggest a-hole in sports to kid-friendly hero to all and then back to biggest a-hole in sports thanks to a wee bit of winning in the middle, there.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Kitchens needs to go because that team might MIGHT actually be good if they get a real HC and spend the off-season hearing about what disappointing losers they are as opposed to all the love they got going into 2019.  Assuming the Browns will never be good even if they get a real HC could be folly on our part.  I can see why people went overboard with the love going into this year, but people are going to be piling on the hate after being wrong.

Look at the Steelers....they win multiple SBs with Ben and Hines Ward and James Harrison, three guys who are despised and continuously cause issues within their own locker room.  They were even notching some impressive seasons with Bell and AB who are both poison to other organizations.  Winning cures all...I can't believe I have to explain this after all of America managed to forget that Michael Jordan suddenly went from biggest a-hole in sports to kid-friendly hero to all and then back to biggest a-hole in sports thanks to a wee bit of winning in the middle, there.

The “Killer B’s” never won a damn thing together.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The “Killer B’s” never won a damn thing together.

They won 3 playoff games and made it to the AFC Championship game.  Let's put things in perspective and admit that we would explode if we won so "little."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:18 AM)samhain Wrote: I have a COC request.  Can we add calling Joe Burrow "Joe Burrows" to the list of punishable offenses.

Joe Burrows will go down as a Bengals legend...along with Corey Dillion, Clint Boiling, Chris Collingsworth and AC Green.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Appreciate you guys reeling it in a bit. It would be really easy for this place to become toxic after a 1 or 2 win season, and 4 years straight of losing. We get it, the team sucks, the family is the worst, but if that’s all the board is going to be it will get as miserable as the product on the field itself...

Ironic you're the first to comment in this thread considering tactless and rude posts you've made to me on several occasions.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 04:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Ironic you're the first to comment in this thread considering tactless and rude posts you've made to me on several occasions.

For getting on you for threatening to become a Browns fan? Or your weird obsession with constantly knocking probably our best defensive player of all time? I look at as just checking you tbh. I don’t think I’ve ever said anything over the line. Even in game day threads.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 01:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They won 3 playoff games and made it to the AFC Championship game.  Let's put things in perspective and admit that we would explode if we won so "little."

Meh. If we had a HoF QB, the very best WR and RB for like half a decade, and received preferential treatment from the league for being one of the chosen franchise darlings, and that’s all we won...

Reply/Quote
I'm with Samhain. The Family is toxic. I've just seen the light. All they care about is:
1) Money: making it with the least amount of effort and expense possible.
2) Dad cares about beating the Browns at least once a year.
They aren't incompetent. They're playing us. I truly believe this. I actually don't want to convince anyone. Thus I don't post much.
This family richly deserves every bit of derision poured upon them, even more than what we heap upon rival teams. Inbreds seems a little mild to be banned to me.
Just mho.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote