Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Henry Off IL
The Tennessee Titans made the #1 seed bye week with their best player injured the second half of the season. I know too well, He was my 1st round pick in Bengals Fantasy League as I was stuck picking at #2. That is no blessing like NFL draft because that meant I drafted around last in round 2. I made the play-offs barely but I never did have the team I had with Henry. However Tennessee Coach has adjusted very well. It wasn't easy. He even brought in old Adrian Peterson which didn't fit, but the coach kept looking for running backs. Tennessee never gave up on The Run. Their coach plays tough, old school football, per NFL experts on TV.

There have been people on Bengals site that for weeks have said they hoped Bengals would start with Tennessee. Why they think that is an easy team, I swear I do not know. Besides being the #1 team in the AFC with a bye week, Tennessee and Derrick Henry and Doctors have been saying he might be back for Play-Offs over the last 2 months. Henry is now off the IL. Tennessee wants him in practice to see how his foot is in practice.

There is no guarantee Henry plays the first Play-Off Game after their bye week. They would love to have him if they win and go to AFC Championship Game and maybe Super Bowl.

Now I'm a Bengals Fan. I'm rooting for Bengals to win the AFC Championship and go Super Bowl. Still, make no mistake. Derrick Henry is like Jimmy Brown or one of the Greats at running back. Tennessee getting Derrick Henry back is like the 1964 Cleveland Browns having Jimmy Brown. If Henry returns as planned, The Tennessee Titans of #1 seed in the AFC North will become even better and one tough team to beat. When Henry is on the field, he is the modern day Jimmy Brown. He is that good.

But as I say, GO BENGALS. I'm hoping big things from Mixon in Bengals running game so that it's not all passing, because play-off teams would go sack happy on Burrow. Mixon rushing yards would slow down the pass rush on Burrow, that's just basic football 101. With Burrow the most sacked quarterback in the NFL, for this O Line to give Burrow a chance to get the ball to Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, the Bengals will need Mixon running yards against the top notch Play-Off Defenses. However if I compare Henry to Jimmy Brown, I also compare Burrow to Joe Namath, in that Jets were nothing without Namath, and Bengals are nothing without Burrow, but when Namath or Burrow are healthy enough to play, it's Magic Time. That's how good young Burrow is, like a young Joe Namath in 1968.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't think that Henry is going to help them as much as people think he will. Their running game production has only marginally dipped without him. Where Tennessee began struggling is when Julio and AJB both got injured and their passing game really became stagnant. Henry will improve their run game, but I don't think it is going to be a drastic change. They are still more or less who they were before he got returned.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:49 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't think that Henry is going to help them as much as people think he will. Their running game production has only marginally dipped without him. Where Tennessee began struggling is when Julio and AJB both got injured and their passing game really became stagnant. Henry will improve their run game, but I don't think it is going to be a drastic change. They are still more or less who they were before he got returned.

Oh Yes, they are just #1 seed bye week team as Green Bay is.   If this is Struggling, our Bengals should Struggle so much.  Where Bengals Fans come up with this Struggling Titans stuff amazes me.  They are a #1 seed maybe getting their Jimmy Brown type running back healthy for the play-offs.   Oh, the poor struggling Tennessee Team who only had the best regular season in the AFC in 2021. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:52 AM)kevin Wrote: Oh Yes, they are just #1 seed bye week team as Green Bay is.   If this is Struggling, our Bengals should Struggle so much.  Where Bengals Fans come up with this Struggling Titans stuff amazes me.  They are a #1 seed maybe getting their Jimmy Brown type running back healthy for the play-offs.   Oh, the poor struggling Tennessee Team who only had the best regular season in the AFC in 2021. 

It's interesting you respond with sarcasm and mockery when you don't even understand what I am saying. In week 9, Julio Jones injured his hamstring. In week 11, A.J. Brown injured his chest. From week 10 until week 15, the Titans went 2-3 and Ryan Tannehill had a 74.98 QB rating. Their run game was only marginally less effective than before Henry went down. 

That's what I mean by "struggling". It's not a very difficult concept to imagine that a good team struggled at some point during the season, is it? 
Reply/Quote