Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derwin James
Dude looked like a freak today and only strengthened my want for him!

SOLID numbers:

Quote:The Seminoles' gifted and versatile safety recorded a 40-yard dash of 4.47 seconds (ninth-best among combine safeties) at 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, along with a 40-inch vertical jump (sixth-best of all DBs) and an 11-foot broad jump (fifth-best among DBs).

40 inch vertical is insane and, with how fluidly he could just turn to run, along with his jumping and freakish athletic abilities, this is the guy I want in the first and I think he could take our defense to another level because he can do it all: rush the passer, cover backs, tight ends, and receivers, as well as playing center field in the secondary or stopping the run in the box.

Anyone else as impressed as I am?
Reply/Quote
Eh, I can't say that I am ever impressed by anything at the combine. Sure, guys run some great times or bench a ton of reps, but what does it all mean? Nothing. All it really does is confirm what you see on tape.

That being said, I loved James as a freshman, not so much the last couple seasons. Hopefully that's injury related.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I've turned more into as fan I heard he's a leader on defense and his combine numbers put Williams and iloka to shame. He's become on the top of my list I think I want roquan Smith then him in that order on defense. Safety can be a huge piece ,look at the kc safety and there was ed reed .also the safety from the jags where would they have been without him.
Reply/Quote
Following the combine (Still a ways to go before the draft, mind you), if I were to make a top 12 prospects list that I'd be happy if the Bengals selected it would be:
1. Quenton Nelson
2. Bradley Chubb
3. Roquan Smith
4. Tremaine Edwards
5. Derwin James
6. Minkah Fitzpatrick
7. Josh Allen
8. Sam Darnold
9. Josh Rosen
10. Saquon Barkley
11. Mike McGlinchey
12. Baker Mayfield

So we'll get a quality player regardless :).

It's a shame that there aren't more Olinemen on that list, but there just don't seem to be a ton of players worth the selection there.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Following the combine (Still a ways to go before the draft, mind you), if I were to make a top 12 prospects list that I'd be happy if the Bengals selected it would be:
1. Quenton Nelson
2. Bradley Chubb
3. Roquan Smith
4. Tremaine Edwards
5. Derwin James
6. Minkah Fitzpatrick
7. Josh Allen
8. Sam Darnold
9. Josh Rosen
10. Saquon Barkley
11. Mike McGlinchey
12. Baker Mayfield

So we'll get a quality player regardless :).

It's a shame that there aren't more Olinemen on that list, but there just don't seem to be a ton of players worth the selection there.

My list is about the same as yours but I'm swapping Denzel Ward in and pulling Josh Allen out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least one pundit at NFL network liked what he saw from James.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919647/article/nfl-combine-day-4-winnerslosers-derwin-james-hybrid-freak
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My list is about the same as yours but I'm swapping Denzel Ward in and pulling Josh Allen out.

That's fair. Allen impressed me at the combine. And he has the athleticism and arm to be a great QB. I think it may be worth a shot at 12 if he's there. But I totally understand people who have removed him from their board. At least for Bengals.

I have a feeling he'll be a Brown anyway haha.
Reply/Quote