Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derwin James Is Falling!
If James falls to 21, and no centers have been taken, do you take James and then try to move up a few spots to get either Daniels or Ragnow?

I was sold on a center in the first, but now I'm having dreams of James again if he keeps falling.

Do you take James?

What if we take a center and James falls a few more, do you move up to get James?
Reply/Quote
I take Josh Jackson.
James wont make it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
James went at 17. It was close. I would have considered trading up those four spots...it didn't cost the Cards that much to move from 15 to 10, which shocked me.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: James went at 17.  It was close.  I would have considered trading up those four spots...it didn't cost the Cards that much to move from 15 to 10, which shocked me.

I know, especially when I think Price could have been there in the second.

Center was a bigger need (possibly the biggest), though, so I don't blame them for passing on James and making sure that they got Price in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:12 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know, especially when I think Price could have been there in the second.

Center was a bigger need (possibly the biggest), though, so I don't blame them for passing on James and making sure that they got Price in the first.

How can you even begin to say that?  The consensus top 2 power Centers in the draft went back to back at 20 and 21, right about where many thought they would go.  The fact that none of the other teams took Daniels in the 1st, even though several of those teams were thought to be interested in Ragnow or Price, should tell you something.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How can you even begin to say that?  The consensus top 2 power Centers in the draft went back to back at 20 and 21, right about where many thought they would go.  The fact that none of the other teams took Daniels in the 1st, even though several of those teams were thought to be interested in Ragnow or Price, should tell you something.

I thought teams would be scared off.

You’re right, though, and I’m happy that we took Price in the first.
Reply/Quote
Happy we now have a legit Center but Derwin James would have been a homerun and they could have traded back in the first for a Center still. Can’t believe he got so close to our pick.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote