Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derwin James.
You can get yourself out of the draft box, but it's free agency. We know that isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 06:18 PM)Storer50 Wrote: You can get yourself out of the draft box, but it's free agency. We know that isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Yes, that's why I phrased my post the way I did..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 04:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That 1st round pick will have much more immediate impact on improving the team, if spent on the OL this year.  I hate to put it this way, but with failure of Ogbuehi and Fisher to produce, and the failure to develop Bodine into even an average Center, the Bengals are really boxed into a corner when it comes to this year's draft.

Problem is even though the bengals are in the perfect spot to draft tackle as of right now there doesn't look like a sure fire top 10 pick. I do think they will be able to get a center in this draft though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 11:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem is even though the bengals are in the perfect spot to draft tackle as of right now there doesn't look like a sure fire top 10 pick. I do think they will be able to get a center in this draft though.

You gotta start somewhere.  Why not with the guy that handles the ball every single play of the game?  I mean, it's not uncommon for some to think that building the team from the "inside out", is the best way to have a fundamentally sound team.

Yeah yeah, I've heard for years how this is now a "passing league", and to a degree, it is.  But, in order to have a passing offense, you must be able to form a consistent pocket.  That all starts with a sound Center on the OL.  Not to mention the benefits of being able to actually run the ball in short yardage situations.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If James is there at the Bengals first round pick it would be hard to ignore this guy. I do not think Fitzpatrick will be there by the time the Cincinnati Bengals pick. What worries me is if the rumors are true that Marvin Lewis is gone and then get a new head coach he is going to want his own quarterback. With that said if it's Gruden who comes in he's worked with Dalton before and can work with him the next couple years.

This team needs a safety in a bad way.

They can draft maybe a quarterback in round 2 along with a guard or tackle.
Completely agree. Wouldn't mind a James price/Hernandez and Rudolph in first couple rounds.
(12-24-2017, 04:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I definitely agree with you that this team needs a Safety, in the worst kind of way, 1st round might not be the round to go after one this year for the Bengals.  I could even make a strong argument for taking the best LB on the board in the 1st, but not this particular year.  Unfortunately, by wasting last year's 1st round pick, the Bengals failed to recognize other positions that certainly were of need, but not as glaringly obvious prior to this season playing out.

That 1st round pick will have much more immediate impact on improving the team, if spent on the OL this year.  I hate to put it this way, but with failure of Ogbuehi and Fisher to produce, and the failure to develop Bodine into even an average Center, the Bengals are really boxed into a corner when it comes to this year's draft.
Well first off I disagree respectfully with ur premise. I don't believe the first round pick was a waste. Sure hooker looks like he's gonna be a great player and really wanted him, but we don't know what Ross is yet. And it was a big need. Even when the oline had elite grades all game, lafell and Erickson/Boyd couldn't get open to save their lives. Malone did decently. But wr is still a need this year, even if Ross pans out. And while price is my number 1 target, James is right there as well. James can play lb and Safety which are 2 huge needs for us. Oline is very important this draft, but this draft has so many interior line elite talent it's not even funny. U can probably get an average nfl guard in this class in rd5, that's how deep it is. So I agree okinenis the biggest priority but we can't reach if the value isn't there. That's why we wiffed on ogbuehi and fisher. This draft is the most important draft in the last 6 years we've had. We can't miss. We could go with James, then follow that up with price/Hernandez, Isiah Wynn, and jamarco jones in first 3 rounds. But we can't draft just oline bc we need them, they have to be worthy of the selection as well. And we had 4 trades last year so at least we are willing to trade.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 02:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Completely agree. Wouldn't mind a James price/Hernandez and Rudolph in first couple rounds.
Well first off I disagree respectfully with ur premise. I don't believe the first round pick was a waste. Sure hooker looks like he's gonna be a great player and really wanted him, but we don't know what Ross is yet. And it was a big need. Even when the oline had elite grades all game, lafell and Erickson/Boyd couldn't get open to save their lives. Malone did decently. But wr is still a need this year, even if Ross pans out. And while price is my number 1 target, James is right there as well. James can play lb and Safety which are 2 huge needs for us. Oline is very important this draft, but this draft has so many interior line elite talent it's not even funny. U can probably get an average nfl guard in this class in rd5, that's how deep it is. So I agree okinenis the biggest priority but we can't reach if the value isn't there. That's why we wiffed on ogbuehi and fisher. This draft is the most important draft in the last 6 years we've had. We can't miss. We could go with James, then follow that up with price/Hernandez, Isiah Wynn, and jamarco jones in first 3 rounds. But we can't draft just oline bc we need them, they have to be worthy of the selection as well.  And we had 4 trades last year so at least we are willing to trade.

wouldnt that be nice.
Reply/Quote
I would like Marcell Ateman in the later rounds.
Was Oklahoma State's number 2 WR that was overlooked.
6"4' 214 lbs runs about at 4.5.
Depending on the Combine, he could end up being a 1st rounder, but I'm hoping he slides to round 2+.
Reply/Quote