Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Run Defense/No Pass Rush/No Running Game
Pass Rush
We have 13 sacks! 13! Fewest in the league. The league leaders have 44.

A defensive line that had Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard, and Lawson should be able to generate more than 13 sacks. And I get Reader got hurt and Atkins may have an injury, but 13 sacks! That's terrible.

Run Defense
Then, our run defense has allowed 1,611 yards. That's 4.7 yards per carry. 4.7 yards per carry! Basically 2 runs and you have a 1st down.

Now Dallas has a worse run defense than us allowing 2014 yards at 5.2 yards per carry.

Offensive Rushing
We have 1,099 yards rushing. 3rd from the bottom. The Bears at 1,013 yards are worse. We're averaging 3.8 yards per carry. 3.7 yards per carry is the league low.

The league leading rushing team has 2,028 yards. Then, the Browns have 1,893 yards rushing.

-------
You're not going to win many games in the NFL when you have no pass rush, a bad run defense, a bad rushing game on offense, and your passing game is ranked in the 20's.
Reply/Quote
Zach's culture speaking loudly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean Zac is comfortable in how play calling is handled.

Coaches were mind boggled when Miami went to a cover 2 in the 2nd half. No idea how to beat a cover 2 without a week of research.
Reply/Quote
And then we always lose!
LOSE!
LOSE!
LOSE!
LOSE!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pass Rush
We have 13 sacks! 13! Fewest in the league. The league leaders have 44.

A defensive line that had Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard, and Lawson should be able to generate more than 13 sacks. And I get Reader got hurt and Atkins may have an injury, but 13 sacks! That's terrible.

Run Defense
Then, our run defense has allowed 1,611 yards. That's 4.7 yards per carry. 4.7 yards per carry! Basically 2 runs and you have a 1st down.

Now Dallas has a worse run defense than us allowing 2014 yards at 5.2 yards per carry.

Offensive Rushing
We have 1,099 yards rushing. 3rd from the bottom. The Bears at 1,013 yards are worse. We're averaging 3.8 yards per carry. 3.7 yards per carry is the league low.

The league leading rushing team has 2,028 yards. Then, the Browns have 1,893 yards rushing.

-------
You're not going to win many games in the NFL when you have no pass rush, a bad run defense, a bad rushing game on offense, and your passing game is ranked in the 20's.
This team is losing its matchup battles at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Its a caldron of various 
Reasons.poor talent. A oline coach that shouldnt be coaching oline. And how,about guys are tired of
Losing and are mentally fatiqued. 
This,team is already defeated before kickoff. When you lose your desire and combine that with other factors
You lose in the trenches and that leads to other team breakdowns elsewhere.
The Bengals dline needs a overhaul next season. There is no one elite. Hubbard is average.Covington is
A career rotation piece. Lawson still cant put QBs on the ground consistently
The oline needs a,new,coach and infusion of intelligent olinemen. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This team is losing its matchup battles at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Its a caldron of various 
Reasons.poor talent. A oline coach that shouldnt be coaching oline. And how,about guys are tired of
This,team is already defeated before kickoff. When you lose your desire and combine that with other factors
The Bengals dline needs a overhaul next season. There is no one elite. Hubbard is average.Covington is

Yup

This teams entire offseason focus should be the O and D lines.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I mean Zac is comfortable in how play calling is handled.

Coaches were mind boggled when Miami went to a cover 2 in the 2nd half. No idea how to beat a cover 2 without a week of research.

That was pretty telling. And I think it's probably indicative of why our 2nd half stats are so bad.

Basically we are outgunned in the coaching matchups against EVERY TEAM. Even the bad ones.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This team is losing its matchup battles at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Its a caldron of various 

It's one of the main reasons the coaches need to go.

We saw last year how after the bye they fixed the run game. I have no doubt that a lot of the issues are scheme/coaching.

And basically what the board does in their offseason moves threads is acquire a bunch of Pro Bowl talent to fix the team. Likely won't happen.

Look at Reader. His PFF grade with Houston was really good. Here, he graded out similar to Billings last year. It's likely not the players in a lot of cases.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was pretty telling. And I think it's probably indicative of why our 2nd half stats are so bad.

Basically we are outgunned in the coaching matchups against EVERY TEAM. Even the bad ones.

Zac will not give up the play calling. Refuses to.

I believe it was Tee Higgins who said it. Something like they switched to cover 2, they never do that. They had no answer for it. That really didn’t sit well with me.
Reply/Quote
Dallas has a bad defense. We all saw that Tuesday.

But IMO their offense is better than the Bengals' both from a passing game and running game. Dalton is a better QB than Allen or Finley. Elliott is better than Bernard and Perine. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, and Schultz are better a group than Higgins, Boyd, Green, and Sample.
I think Dallas' offense is more successful than Cincinnati's this weekend, and they ultimately get the win.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:08 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Zac will not give up the play calling. Refuses to.

I believe it was Tee Higgins who said it. Something like they switched to cover 2, they never do that. They had no answer for it. That really didn’t sit well with me.

Taylor is just about as inexperienced as a playcaller as he is a HC. He wasn't even an OC for 2 full seasons before coming to Cincinnati. And his playcalling was not good before Cincinnati.

So basically, he's trying to grow as a playcaller and HC at the same time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor is just about as inexperienced as a playcaller as he is a HC. He wasn't even an OC for 2 full seasons before coming to Cincinnati. And his playcalling was not good before Cincinnati.

So basically, he's trying to grow as a playcaller and HC at the same time.

I would argue that he's a worse playcaller than a HC and he's a really bad HC. He's a TERRIBLE playcaller. Burrow legit could get hurt again next year with him calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that he's a worse playcaller than a HC and he's a really bad HC. He's a TERRIBLE playcaller. Burrow legit could get hurt again next year with him calling plays.

Injuries can happen anytime blaming a coach for that is highly unacceptable.

Now lack of a running game and pass rush you can definitely put it on the coaches as well as the front office ( maybe even more so). When twe made the playoffs the defense finished in the top 12 of scoring 6 out of the 7 trips(05 was the only one). 4 out of those 7 trips they were top 10 in sacks as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 06:48 PM)J24 Wrote: Injuries can happen anytime blaming a coach for that is highly unacceptable.

Now lack of a running game and pass rush you can definitely put it on the coaches as well as the front office ( maybe even more so). When twe made the playoffs the defense finished in the top 12 of scoring 6 out of the 7 trips(05 was the only one). 4 out of those 7 trips they were top 10 in sacks as well.

Injuries can happen anytime. But I put Burrows knee injury
Squarely on Taylors shoulders.
Why......cause ZT was the flunkhead that continued to start
Jordan.at LG. Jonathon Allen was beetchslapping Jordan 
The whole game. And you see the result.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:08 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Zac will not give up the play calling. Refuses to.

That is completely mind boggling.  You mean to tell me that our coaches had never seen a Cover 2 defense before?  Just because they didn't "prepare specifically that week" to face a Cover 2, somewhere along the line in their coaching experience they should have picked up on what works against a Cover 2.

Edit:  Here, someone see that Zac and Cunningham get a copy of this.  Took me all of 18 seconds to find, via google..

http://https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/6/7/21282184/summer-school-2020-cover-2-defense-what-it-is-and-how-to-beat-it

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is completely mind boggling.  You mean to tell me that our coaches had never seen a Cover 2 defense before?  Just because they didn't "prepare specifically that week" to face a Cover 2, somewhere along the line in their coaching experience they should have picked up on what works against a Cover 2.

Edit:  Here, someone see that Zac and Cunningham get a copy of this.  Took me all of 18 seconds to find, via google..

http://https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/6/7/21282184/summer-school-2020-cover-2-defense-what-it-is-and-how-to-beat-it

IIt's what goes into being a bad play caller. McVay knows how to beat a cover 2. Zac doesnt know what to call. It totally throws him. Which is why we are a bad 2nd half team.
Reply/Quote