Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deshaun Davis
(08-13-2019, 11:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have seen a ton of starts in preseason. Let's wit and he see if he is worth the 3 draft picks it took the Steelers to grab him. He may be, but awful early in his career

Let's be honest, the squeelers already have replaced Antonio Brown and Levoen Bell. If the Bengals had lost Green and Mixon, would the Bengals had been brave enough to trade to draft a LB????? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 03:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Let's be honest, the squeelers already have replaced Antonio Brown and Levoen Bell. If the Bengals had lost Green and Mixon, would the Bengals had been brave enough to trade to draft a LB????? Nervous

Have they, though?
You're talking about 1-time Pro Bowlers replacing multi-year All-Pros.

Brown had 1200+ yards and 8+ TDs every year since 2013.
JJSS has done well as a WR2 but you can't say for sure he's going to put up Brown-like numbers every year now that he's the top guy on that team. I don't have confidence James Washington (or any other WR) is going to become as good of a WR2 as JJSS did.

As for replacing Bell, same situation. Conner was good but Bell put up nearly 2000 yards from scrimmage in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You shouldn't expect more than a practice squad spot from a 6th rounder.

Now if you want to argue how well Mack Wilson played for the Browns after we let him slide to the 5th round then that's an argument, but Davis shouldn't be expected to start as a 6th round pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Except Jonah...

And Sample, and Pratt, and the RBs, and (possibly) Michael Jordan, and (rotationally) the RBs....That being said, I am starting to wonder how Wren is going to make the team.  
Reply/Quote
Sample is a rotational starter....as of now. pratt needs to play better. hes a starter only cuz our linebackers are absolutely awful. Michael jordan and jonah williams imo might be the only actually worthy starters from this draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Sample, and Pratt, and the RBs, and (possibly) Michael Jordan, and (rotationally) the RBs....That being said, I am starting to wonder how Wren is going to make the team.  

I was thinking more immediate terms. Jonah was already slotted to start at LT until he was placed on IR.
None of the other players were put as a starter yet.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:00 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Sample is a rotational starter....as of now.  pratt needs to play better.  hes a starter only cuz our linebackers are absolutely awful.  Michael jordan and jonah williams imo might be the only actually worthy starters from this draft.

Worthy to start out the gate.. other could still grow into a starting role...   Sometimes its more about whos ahead of you than you lol
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Worthy to start out the gate.. other could still grow into a starting role...   Sometimes its more about whos ahead of you than you lol

a healthy eifert(which he is) and uzomah are more "worthy" options at tight end than sample, and in regards to ur point about whos ahead of you more so you...thats the exact point i made with pratt.  He missed tackles throughout his preseason debut game last week however is still a better option at tight end than anyone we have at his position. so he will start.  not due to him but due to who else is at his position.

BTW hows ross doing lol we gonna see him play tonight or wait.... nope hes still hurt. no way lmao. stud.
Reply/Quote
In my eyes Davis was drafted to replace our backup MLB which was Nickerson last year. I am not sure why the have him backing up Vigil maybe Nickerson's light went on and became better or the coaches think Davis can play the SLB spots better. But he was drafted to improve our LB depth not to start day one maybe a few years down the road he might if he invests in his body and trainers in offseason to work on his weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I was thinking more immediate terms. Jonah was already slotted to start at LT until he was placed on IR.
None of the other players were put as a starter yet.

True, but I think by week 1 Pratt could be...Sample will be in 12 personnel....the RBs will absolutely be a part of the game plan...and who knows who will actually win the LG spot?  Rumor has it Jordan will be running with the 1s tonight.  
Reply/Quote
How many 6th rounders start in their first NFL season ? .001% ?

How many 6th rounders even make their teams 53 ? 5% 10% ?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 02:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: True, but I think by week 1 Pratt could be...Sample will be in 12 personnel....the RBs will absolutely be a part of the game plan...and who knows who will actually win the LG spot?  Rumor has it Jordan will be running with the 1s tonight.  

Given the depth (or lack thereof) in front of Jonah and Pratt, I expected those two by the start of the season. I honestly don't expect Sample to be a starter over Uzomah or Eifert. The RBs weren't going to start over Mixon or Bernard. I didn't see Jordan starting either but that was because Boling wasn't retired yet and I had (have) high hopes for Westerman in Boling's place. Then when they added Jerry I thought it would have been him or Westerman.

I don't think I'll get the game on local TV this evening but I'm interested to hear whether Jordan is the starter because he's been that good rather than him being the starter because the other options are just worse.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Definitely see Pratt starting during the season, especially in nickel situations. Still don't know why we drafted Davis unless they could find a way to get him to run faster. The only value I see we get from him is in goal line situations considering that he is more a thumper and better at taking on blocks than most MLB.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 11:41 PM)NKURyan Wrote: There were a lot of people on here who didn't want anything to do with the Bengals drafting Devin Bush... right up until the point the Bengals didn't draft Devin Bush.

I still think Jonah Williams end up being the better player when all is said and done.

And cost one pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if a 6th round LB comes in and is the starter    we are truly in for a bad year.

Or he was one helluva pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Davis had a sack and a tackle for a loss tonight. Love his heart, but he's got to get better.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote