Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deshaun Davis
(05-15-2019, 09:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I've seen this guy play quite a few times.

I didn't like the Sample pick because it (IN MY OPINION, before you all start barfing up your breakfast hot pockets) was way too early to pick an in-line blocking TE.

The Davis pick I didn't like because he's just not that good. He's track slow and football slow. Cannot cover a fire hydrant in pass pro. We grabbed him because this a) was a crummy draft for linebackers and b) we missed on all the less crummy ones.

Agreed on Davis, but just so you know, Sample is more than just an in-line TE. He is a very complete player, both as a receiver and blocker. He had ZERO drops his senior year, with many being 3rd and 4th down conversions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chiefs just got Darron Lee for a 6th rounder.

I sure as hell hope I'm way off on Davis, because we could have had Darron Lee for this very pick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 09:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Chiefs just got Darron Lee for a 6th rounder.

I sure as hell hope I'm way off on Davis, because we could have had Darron Lee for this very pick.

Yeah I'm with you on Lee.   I would gladly have parted with a 6th to get Lee.   Just would have improved the odds that we would have a significantly improved LB squad.

And I too hope you're off on Davis.   I think there's good potential from what I've read that he could be a really good 2 down backer.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 09:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Chiefs just got Darron Lee for a 6th rounder.

So Davis is trash because he was just worth a 6th round pick, but Lee is good despite only being worth a 6th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So Davis is trash because he was just worth a 6th round pick, but Lee is good despite only being worth a 6th round pick.

OSU blinders.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 05:04 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: The 40-yard dash times are an old school stat. And they are more valuable for open field runners. But just comparing his 20 yard shuttle (the only comparable speed/acceleration combine stat) with other LBs...

Devin White 4.17
Devin Bush 4.23
Germaine Pratt xxx
Sione Takitaki 4.28 (3rd 17th)
Cody Barton 4.03 (3rd 25th)
Deshaun Davis 4.38
Fun fact: Andre Dillard, OT...4.4 (1st, 22nd)

Was going to say, more worried about his 20 than his 40.
The 20's is where it's at for LB's. They read respond and go, if you got a LB that's having to run a 40, then you got some other issues that need to be addressed.
Reply/Quote

The Chiefs traded a sixth rounder in the draft that just happened?  How did they pull that off?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
6 th rounder from 2020 draft. I haven’t looked at next years draft so maybe next year we get our game changer at linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 01:00 PM)McC Wrote: The Chiefs traded a sixth rounder in the draft that just happened?  How did they pull that off?

do not feed the troll
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 11:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: OSU blinders.

As an OSU Homer, I wanted Lee out of school, but he hasn't done much as a Jet and isn't facing some kind of suspension for PEDs ?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 02:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: As an OSU Homer, I wanted Lee out of school, but he hasn't done much as a Jet and isn't facing some kind of suspension for PEDs ?

Think the suspension was last year.

And truthfully, I'm just trolling; Lee has not been great at all, so to see all these people want him all of a sudden, I thought it may have been OSU bias.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 02:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Think the suspension was last year.

And truthfully, I'm just trolling; Lee has not been great at all, so to see all these people want him all of a sudden, I thought it may have been OSU bias.

The guy was a beast at OSU, but you never really heard anything about him the last couple of years. I believe he had a game last year where he had 3 interceptions and that was great, but nothing else. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 02:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The guy was a beast at OSU, but you never really heard anything about him the last couple of years. I believe he had a game last year where he had 3 interceptions and that was great, but nothing else. 
Week 1, he had 2 picks (one of them a pick-6) and 3 PDs.

Fell off a cliff after that lol
Reply/Quote
Lee didn't fit the 3-4 the JETS ran. It happens.

He'll do better back in a 4-3 like the Chiefs run. That's likely the thinking.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
As far as Davis goes Dane BRugler had him rated the 42nd linebacker coming out this year.

42. DESHAUN DAVIS Auburn Grade - PFA (projected free agent/ not drafted)

Year- rSR Height- 5113 Weight-234 40 YD - 4.77 First 10-(1.71) Arms 31 1/4 (short arms) Hands-10 Wing- 75 7/8 Age 23.33 (Old)

SUMMARY: A three-star recruit out of high school, Deshaun Davis was an All-State linebacker as a sophomore and junior at Vigor High School, but missed his senior year with a torn ACL in his left knee. Despite the injury, he committed to Auburn over Clemson, LSU and others and earned the starting MIKE linebacker job as a sophomore. He posted career-bests as a senior, including 116 tackles (fourth-best in the SEC). Davis has a unique feel for angles to find the quickest route to the ball, staying low and controlled as a wrap tackler to finish. He has a strong understanding of situations and gets his teammates lined up correctly pre-snap. While he shows quality run fits, his lack of outside range can be the difference between a one-yard gain and a six-yard gain and he would often come off the field on obvious passing downs. Overall, Davis is a highly physical, instinctive run-defender, but his struggles shedding blocks and holding up in coverage will limit his NFL impact.

According to people grading him and film he is not very athletic and slow, can't cover. I see him as a special teamer if he makes the team and feel this was a Darrin Simmons pick all the way. I think he'll be lucky to make the team tbh.
Reply/Quote
Lance Mccalister on Twitter just posted this

PFF linebacking ranking
36 Lee
111 Vigil
136 Preston brown
145 Evans
158 Burfict.
160 hardy nickerson.

Yikes !
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 10:22 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Tom Brady was also a 6th round pick for a reason.

Not to mention James Harrison wasn't even drafted and was an UDFA....
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Whatever dude. If saying that to me made you feel better than so be it.

He was a late 6th round pick for a reason.

In the mean time, I agree with everyone else who watched him and said the same thing.

Well surprise me and say something good about the team once in a while...…. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 10:19 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: So, according to you, every all-SEC first teamer should be a good pro?

I'm not going to do it this morning. Some people are just of the mindset that "because the Bengals drafted him, he must be great." I have neither the time nor the inclination to wage that war today.

We'll see how he turns out. Hope he's an all pro someday. I truly do.

Not what I said... but, you don't make all-SEC by being a slug either.... I'm not proclaiming him some great player, I just asked everyone's opinion.....
Reply/Quote
SO I guess the concensus is he will be a good run stuffer, not so great in coverage. We'll, since we get run on a lot, I'm liking the pick....
Reply/Quote