Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to Zac Taylor
(11-02-2020, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, he needs surgery and is putting it off to be available this year.

That's awful. If anyone deserves a season off on this team its Geno.
Reply/Quote
Taylor looks more comfortable calling plays.
Hes figuring out what is working and what isnt.
Scoring 31 pts is impressive considering the
Oline has zero continunity and hes getting very little
From his TEs production wise.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Was that mentioned somewhere? I must have missed that if it was.

I think it was Dehner that mentioned it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, he needs surgery and is putting it off to be available this year.

If true, that’s inexcusably stupid. It’s a lost season anyway, and he’s barely playing. He should get it done ASAP.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If true, that’s inexcusably stupid. It’s a lost season anyway, and he’s barely playing. He should get it done ASAP.

From what I've gathered, it was Geno's decision. That's why they've been easing him back into the games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:36 AM)Trademark Wrote: Sorry i doubt him. He has honestly had the offense playing ridiculous and they've been putting up the points this season. So credit where credit is due, watching him and Burrow grow together is fun

I'm not sure anybody on this board both understood/understands the task at hand for ZT and what goes into changing the entire dynamics of an team and organization. With all the injuries, outside issues via Ross, Carlos, other players wanting trades, etc., to have these guys go out there for an entire game against a playoff team and pretty much be in control of it for 60 minutes is pretty special. And they've been a very competitive team for most weeks this season.

Does it mean they don't lay an egg against the Steelers? Hell, I don't know but you have a team that showed a ton of fire and energy yesterday and they now have some real competition and depth at a position of need the past several years.
Reply/Quote
I give more credit to Burrow than Taylor. Did everybody forget the abandonment of the running game for most of the first half. Burrow is going to make Taylor look like a genius. We saw Taylor with average and subpar QB’s last year and he couldn’t scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I give more credit to Burrow than Taylor. Did everybody forget the abandonment of the running game for most of the first half. Burrow is going to make Taylor look like a genius. We saw Taylor with average and subpar QB’s last year and he couldn’t scheme his way out of a paper bag.

I understand that Zacs record sucks but don’t you have to give him some credit for designing the offense around Burrows strengths and getting his input? He asks him what plays he likes and is comfortable with. This may be a common thing with all teams but he is trying to make it as comfortable as possible for his rookie QB. Obviously Burrow is a stud QB but I think Zac deserves some praise for being flexible and building his offense around Burrow and not trying to stick a square peg in a round hole.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 01:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I give more credit to Burrow than Taylor. Did everybody forget the abandonment of the running game for most of the first half. Burrow is going to make Taylor look like a genius. We saw Taylor with average and subpar QB’s last year and he couldn’t scheme his way out of a wet paper bag.

Of course you have to have the Jimmy and the Joe's but you better have leadership in there as well and a develop a comfortability with your QB and ZT has done that. Burrow did NOT have to come out a week ago and endorse the relationship he has with ZT and the offensive coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:36 AM)Trademark Wrote: Sorry i doubt him. He has honestly had the offense playing ridiculous and they've been putting up the points this season. So credit where credit is due, watching him and Burrow grow together is fun

Dude has one win against a team with a winning record and many, many loses to teams with losing records means his job shouldn't be safe in my eyes. Actually, I have upgraded him from the out house to the dog house though. Team needs several more wins this year before I'll support keeping him for another season.

Reply/Quote
Yes props to Taylor.. i think we can get to 6 wins this year which would be triple of last year.. Burrow is playing well under Taylor's system, they seem to have a good working relationship and so far overall positive reviews of the this year and last years draft.. all good signs.. I see some changes after the end of season though with staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Props?  Zac Taylor is 4-19-1.  That’s not “props-worthy.”  That’s “fired-worthy.”

I understand the logic here for sure.

But I am a very impatient game day observer (I stay off of Game Day cuz I'd just add to the negativity ;-))

But I have found myself having a much better time watching than in the past.   I think it's because for the most part I've liked the play calling and design.   Not perfect, but most teams are not and for years I've hated the play calling with rare exceptions.

Granted Burrow will make the coordinators look good, but there have been some nice calls and play designs.

And Zach has not lost the team.   Anarumo lost Carlos - partially because of the change in scheme and partially because they were apparently oil and water from the get go.

This was a fine win that was not camouflaged by luck.   I think we overcame bad luck several times in the game.

So I will give him props... and hope I'm not too delusional.

Reply/Quote
I think Joe said it all in his press conference after the game. They have a chance to rattle off a lot of wins in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully we gain some momentum building off this upset win. 6-2 or 5-3 on the second half of the season would be HUGE going into 2021. You fix the pass rush and sure up the Oline this offseason and watch out this team is suddenly dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If true, that’s inexcusably stupid. It’s a lost season anyway, and he’s barely playing. He should get it done ASAP.

Even if it's not a lost season.

Agree with you on this.   Gives him the best chance to be ready next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Props?  Zac Taylor is 4-19-1.  That’s not “props-worthy.”  That’s “fired-worthy.”

Every winning team lays an egg, we were fortunate to have been the nest for the Titans.

Taylor needs to get to .500 at least, then I'll give him props.
Reply/Quote

With that logic  Steelers would have fired Noll, Dallas would have fired Landry... Taylor is a young coach in a rebuild.. he has 3 seasons to show improvement and he is 2-3 over the last five games. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:32 PM)3wt Wrote: Even if it's not a lost season.

Agree with you on this.   Gives him the best chance to be ready next year.

It's up to Geno, not the coaches or ownership. 
Reply/Quote