Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despite the detractors, Trump doing well
(07-02-2018, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Like I said: What is there to ***** about?

He promised a tax cut and we didn't get one.

Cost of good are rising and the stock market is unstable due to his daily "policy" tweets and changes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-02-2018, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Like I said: What is there to ***** about?

If you're only concerned about how much money the corporations are making, then nothing. If you're concerned about the people of this country, then there is plenty to ***** about. Most of it isn't new, it's just a continuation of the same things as before just with the added bonus of breaking apart the norms that are the glue of our democracy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-02-2018, 08:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: He promised a tax cut and we didn't get one.

Cost of good are rising and the stock market is unstable due to his daily "policy" tweets and changes.

You do realize that rising prices are a sign of a growing economy. 

If only the stock market was predictable.

Your first comment could be considered to "I didn't get anything for free", but I will refrain so that I am not accused of making things up. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-02-2018, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A lot of folks like to ***** and moan about the current administration. I ask anyone in this forum to explain how their personal life or financial status has been made worse by the current administration. 

One of the things that really hits my cynic bone is how a lot of folks around me in rural PA like to ***** and moan about gays, trans people, dangerous illegals, gang members, terrorists, and so on despite those people having zero effect on anyone around here.  To add to that, we are at church praying for one of the old lady's grandsons to get off with a warning despite facing a DUI that isn't his first.

Dear lord, save me from the danger of everyone I'll never see and make it so a guy who can literally kill me in my very own neighborhood faces no accountability!

Anyways, the point is that expecting people to have legitimate reasons they are scared and/or upset isn't necessary.  I'll personally say that every president that would rather print money than spend wisely is making my financial situation worse by continuing the inflation train this country has been on for years.  And when your financial situation is worse, your personal situation soon follows.

Then again, we keep voting for politicians who promise lots of free stuff, big flashy military stuff, "safety" and lower taxes, to boot!  So, they're just giving us what we are begging for.
(07-02-2018, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize that rising prices are a sign of a growing economy. 

If only the stock market was predictable.

Your first comment could be considered to "I didn't get anything for free", but I will refrain so that I am not accused of making things up. 

You do realize that he said we'd get more money....we didn't.  He did. Probably.  He won't release his taxes so who knows?

If only the very stable genius didn't start "easily winnable" trade wars.

See you want to pretend that what he "says" doesn't matter.  You want to pretend that no one has a legitimate gripe against him.  And yet when presented with a litany of things he has "done" or that have affected people directly you blow them off.  Almost like you just want to distract from the truth.

Just what a Trump voter would do.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-02-2018, 09:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you're only concerned about how much money the corporations are making, then nothing. If you're concerned about the people of this country, then there is plenty to ***** about. Most of it isn't new, it's just a continuation of the same things as before just with the added bonus of breaking apart the norms that are the glue of our democracy.

Your first 2 sentences is just more of "I care more than you". People are doing fine.

The rest is true.  

(07-02-2018, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: You do realize that he said we'd get more money....we didn't.  He did. Probably.  He won't release his taxes so who knows?

If only the very stable genius didn't start "easily winnable" trade wars.

See you want to pretend that what he "says" doesn't matter.  You want to pretend that no one has a legitimate gripe against him.  And yet when presented with a litany of things he has "done" or that have affected people directly you blow them off.  Almost like you just want to distract from the truth.

Just what a Trump voter would do.

Rock On

My apologies, I thought I was responding to Matt when I quoted you. It won't happen again. 

(07-02-2018, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One of the things that really hits my cynic bone is how a lot of folks around me in rural PA like to ***** and moan about gays, trans people, dangerous illegals, gang members, terrorists, and so on despite those people having zero effect on anyone around here.  To add to that, we are at church praying for one of the old lady's grandsons to get off with a warning despite facing a DUI that isn't his first.

Dear lord, save me from the danger of everyone I'll never see and make it so a guy who can literally kill me in my very own neighborhood faces no accountability!

Anyways, the point is that expecting people to have legitimate reasons they are scared and/or upset isn't necessary.  I'll personally say that every president that would rather print money than spend wisely is making my financial situation worse by continuing the inflation train this country has been on for years.  And when your financial situation is worse, your personal situation soon follows.

Then again, we keep voting for politicians who promise lots of free stuff, big flashy military stuff, "safety" and lower taxes, to boot!  So, they're just giving us what we are begging for.

True. 

(07-02-2018, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. I'm sure the folks that "knew them best" are very emotional and will express their sadness in venting and anger. However, if I were to provide counsel to them I'd tell them not to look for a false villain; no matter how many folks on the left attempt to use this tragedy for their  political agenda. 

I don't think the person who calls you "the enemy of the people" is a "false villain" but a very real and willing adversary. 

Quote:3. It was not intellectual dishonesty, it was what had been presented to that point. Then you chimed in with more "this could happen". 

This is another example of intellectual dishonesty. Hell, in this thread alone, more criticism than that was presented. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-02-2018, 09:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think the person who calls you "the enemy of the people" is a "false villain" but a very real and willing adversary. 

This is another example of intellectual dishonesty. Hell, in this thread alone, more criticism than that was presented. 

One quick question and then we can stop this:

Do you think Trump's rhetoric toward the media had anything to do with the person killing those people in Annapolis? 

(07-02-2018, 09:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your first 2 sentences is just more of "I care more than you". People are doing fine.

The rest is true.  

Eh, with economic reports showing wages actually decreasing after the tax cuts, I don't know how fine people are really doing. 
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-02-2018, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One quick question and then we can stop this:

Do you think Trump's rhetoric toward the media had anything to do with the person killing those people in Annapolis? 

I don't know and I spoke out against suggesting it was the cause in the thread about the shooting, but that doesn't mean my concern over it isn't amplified by this tragedy, as I stated in my post. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-02-2018, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One of the things that really hits my cynic bone is how a lot of folks around me in rural PA like to ***** and moan about gays, trans people, dangerous illegals, gang members, terrorists, and so on despite those people having zero effect on anyone around here.  To add to that, we are at church praying for one of the old lady's grandsons to get off with a warning despite facing a DUI that isn't his first.

Seriously they were praying for that? Jesus.

To your point, I agree. I will discuss here for the sake of discussion, but one of the reasons im more libertarian is most of this doesn’t affect me. Once I realized that it was easy. Gay people don’t affect me. Gays marrying doesn’t affect me. Shoot up your heroin but don’t expect me to have some Narcan on me. Now that s not the only reason I am for liberties, but it helps remove some stumbling blocks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-02-2018, 09:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know and I spoke out against suggesting it was the cause in the thread about the shooting, but that doesn't mean my concern over it isn't amplified by this tragedy, as I stated in my post. 

It is why I asked you what you think as opposed to what you know. 

They are only amplified if folks want to use this tragedy for their political agendas. 

(07-02-2018, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One quick question and then we can stop this:

I think it goes beyond this one case, honestly.  What one guy does to 5 people is sadly of little consequence in this world, but absurdly influential people dehumanizing or villifying everyone of a certain group can certainly have real-world consequences.  Legally, Trump could specifically tell me to murder someone and if I listen it's my own fault, not his.  
(07-02-2018, 09:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it goes beyond this one case, honestly.  What one guy does to 5 people is sadly of little consequence in this world, but absurdly influential people dehumanizing or villifying everyone of a certain group can certainly have real-world consequences.  Legally, Trump could specifically tell me to murder someone and if I listen it's my own fault, not his.  

Was that a yes or no?

As to his comments about the media: I have spoken out about them as well. I'm just not totally unhinged. 

(07-02-2018, 09:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Seriously they were praying for that?  Jesus.

After the service we were talking to the pastor and my gf who is playing in the band for the local production of Cabaret was telling her about it and how the old folks home people were coming to see it.  The response from the pastor was "Well, they probably won't have a problem with the Nazi stuff in it, but the homosexuality will bother them, I bet."

Yeah, she's right.  Can't argue with that.  Productive sunday, that.
(07-02-2018, 09:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it goes beyond this one case, honestly.  What one guy does to 5 people is sadly of little consequence in this world, but absurdly influential people dehumanizing or villifying everyone of a certain group can certainly have real-world consequences.  Legally, Trump could specifically tell me to murder someone and if I listen it's my own fault, not his.  

The thing is there is zero connection here. There have been NFL players murdered. Trump has spoken out against NFL players. That doesn’t mean he has anything to with it if another NFL player is murdered outside a club. And the fact that it happens isn’t some sort of foreboding of what is to come. This guy was doing this no matter who was president. Just like has happened in work places too many times before.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-02-2018, 09:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: After the service we were talking to the pastor and my gf who is playing in the band for the local production of Cabaret was telling her about it and how the old folks home people were coming to see it.  The response from the pastor was "Well, they probably won't have a problem with the Nazi stuff in it, but the homosexuality will bother them, I bet."

Yeah, she's right.  Can't argue with that.  Productive sunday, that.

Well the Nazis don’t wear short shorts and mesh tanks when they march.

(07-02-2018, 09:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The thing is there is zero connection here. There have been NFL players murdered. Trump has spoken out against NFL players. That doesn’t mean he has anything to with it if another NFL player is murdered outside a club.  And the fact that it happens isn’t some sort of foreboding of what is to come. This guy was doing this no matter who was president.  Just like has happened in work places too many times before.

Very rational outlook