Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit..............
Exclamation 
I'm not usually a superstitious guy, but is anyone else slightly concerned everytime we play at Ford Field in the preseason we come home with
some new brutal injury?
With the current rash of injuries I find it a little disconcerning that we have to play a game at the place where many a Bengal
seem to come home in care of the medical staff......

I would not cry if we sat AD and AJ this game lol.
Reply/Quote
I'm not superstitious, It brings bad luck.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
How could the Bengals have bad luck when their QB most closely resembles the guy on the Lucky Charms box now that Johnny Fartball is out of the league? This thread is stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think they were there in 2011 without incident. That place has been brutal to them over the years though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yes. I fully expect us to lose multiple starters to season, if not career, injuries in this game. 

Wasn't it against the Lions that got Ki-Jana Carter? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 02:41 PM)jason Wrote: I think they were there in 2011 without incident. That place has been brutal to them over the years though.

I for one am NEVER concerned about last year,last season or any of that stuff.Think like this,go strap it on and get out there and smack someone in blue and keep doing it until you can't get up anymore.Its football.Think positive.You should always thank our maker before every challenge you face.NOW LETS GO!!!!!!!REMEMBER ITS OUR TEAM,OUR TURN AND OUR TIME.
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed.  Interesting in preseason game 1, I was on the edge of my seat to watch the first few series with the 1''s, and then excited to see all the 'depth' guys battle it out for roster spots.  Tomorrow night I'll be on the edge of my seat hoping nobody limps off the field  Sad
Reply/Quote
[Image: 201407_2220_gabhh_sm.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As much as I don't want injurys if these guys cant survive limited action in the preseason what they gonna do in the regular season. Little nicks and small injurys aside.

If they go out there worrying about getting hurt they probly will
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 03:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: As much as I don't want injurys   if these guys cant survive limited action in the preseason what they gonna do in the regular season.   Little nicks and small injurys aside.

If they go out there worrying about getting hurt they probly will

Right,  but I'm guessing they aren't worrying about that at all.  That's just on us.  But, I'd bet every fans base is worried about injuries this pre-season, so we're no different.  

As to the supposed Detroit jinx, it's just a loot of coincidence, and I'd wager the team isn't worried about that, either.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see MLJ against our D. Will be fun imo!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 03:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Right,  but I'm guessing they aren't worrying about that at all.  That's just on us.  But, I'd bet every fans base is worried about injuries this pre-season, so we're no different.  

As to the supposed Detroit jinx, it's just a loot of coincidence, and I'd wager the team isn't worried about that, either.  

Not only do I agree that the team isn't worried about it, but I'd go as far as to say they have little to no idea of the history of injuries to former bengals up there. Players do not think about These things, it is strictly a fan thing. 

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yes. I fully expect us to lose multiple starters to season, if not career, injuries in this game. 

Wasn't it against the Lions that got Ki-Jana Carter? 

Also lost Kenny Irons.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 04:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Also lost Kenny Irons.

Leon Hall tore his Achilles their as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 03:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Not only do I agree that the team isn't worried about it, but I'd go as far as to say they have little to no idea of the history of injuries to former bengals up there. Players do not think about These things, it is strictly a fan thing. 

after the HoF game  the NFL should be checking out all the fields every week a game is to be played there.

there are places I'm surprised haven't been told to clean it up.  Like Soldier Field or Hines Field

Rams was so bad the moved out of town lol
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 02:41 PM)jason Wrote: I think they were there in 2011 without incident. That place has been brutal to them over the years though.

The Silverdome was brutal....we have been fine at Ford Field.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:13 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I'm not usually a superstitious guy, but is anyone else slightly concerned everytime we play at Ford Field in the preseason we come home with
some new brutal injury?
With the current rash of injuries I find it a little disconcerning that we have to play a game at the place where many a Bengal
seem to come home in care of the medical staff......

I would not cry if we sat AD and AJ this game lol.

It was more before Ford Field, if memory serves...Ki-Jana, Klingler, etc.  

That old field had horrible turf.  Ford field is actually a great stadium.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How could the Bengals have bad luck when their QB most closely resembles the guy on the Lucky Charms box now that Johnny Fartball is out of the league? This thread is stupid.
[Image: sad-frog.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 05:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after the HoF game  the NFL should be checking out all the fields every week a game is to be played there.

there are places I'm surprised haven't been told to clean it up.  Like Soldier Field or Hines Field

Rams was so bad the moved out of town lol

The Rams moved because of luxury boxes and the owner wanting out of St. Louis.  The Hall of Fame game is played on a glorified high school field.  You can't compare it to an actual NFL stadium.
Reply/Quote
What do you expect from Detroit? Barry Sanders is the greatest running back ever on a terrible team.  
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote