Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit game studs
Derron Smith. That pick was outstanding. He didn't follow the QBs (Orkovsky) eyes away from his assignment (and Dan O did try to look him off), and he made a great break on the ball, kept his balance, and took off for the pick six. Beautiful.

Marcus Hardison. Dude gets push every snap. He is lining up a lot at Peko's spot, which is awesome to picture him next to Geno.

Fej. He is starting to show his "tackling machine" moniker as he is gaining confidence and is a part of the tackle (or makes it solo) almost every play that he is on the field.

Rex Burkhead. Had over 70 all purpose yards with three receptions and four carries. Also made a nice tackle on the opening kickoff.

Tra Carson. Great vision and speed for a big guy.

And, as much as it pains me to say so....

Brandon Tate. Made a few nice catches and good, decisive runs after the catch. I wouldn't call him a stud (even though he is in this thread) but as hard as I am on him, he deserved recognition.

Yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Derron Smith.  That pick was outstanding.  He didn't follow the QBs (Orkovsky) eyes away from his assignment (and Dan O did try to look him off), and he made a great break on the ball, kept his balance, and took off for the pick six.  Beautiful.

Marcus Hardison.  Dude gets push every snap.  He is lining up a lot at Peko's spot, which is awesome to picture him next to Geno.

Fej.  He is starting to show his "tackling machine" moniker as he is gaining confidence and is a part of the tackle (or makes it solo) almost every play that he is on the field.  

Rex Burkhead.  Had over 70 all purpose yards with three receptions and four carries.  Also made a nice tackle on the opening kickoff.

Tra Carson.  Great vision and speed for a big guy.  

Brandon Tate.  Made a few nice catches and good, decisive runs after the catch.  I wouldn't call him a stud (even though he is in this thread) but as hard as I am on him, he deserved recognition.  

Yours?

Really surprised Tyler Boyd wasn't in your list. He was the star of the game for the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Really surprised Tyler Boyd wasn't in your list. He was the star of the game for the Bengals.

He was great, don't get me wrong.  Made another great catch and had a really nice return.  I expect that from our second round pick going with the first team offense.  I honestly wish he wasn't returning kicks, though.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was great, don't get me wrong.  Made another great catch and had a really nice return.  I expect that from our second round pick going with the first team offense.  I honestly wish he wasn't returning kicks, though.  

Yeah, I would agree with your list, and Boyd looks the part....so he would be on mine.  Also, might add Jeremy Hill.....ran with vision, decisiveness, double skinned the ball, and the lack of the TD celebration really cemented his performance for me.  It's only preseason, but it was nice to see him on track.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:   

Rex Burkhead.  Had over 70 all purpose yards with three receptions and four carries.  Also made a nice tackle on the opening kickoff.

that was simply a fantastic play.  If he keeps that up, I could see him becoming the next Ced Peerman for us very realistically  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Derron Smith.  That pick was outstanding.  He didn't follow the QBs (Orkovsky) eyes away from his assignment (and Dan O did try to look him off), and he made a great break on the ball, kept his balance, and took off for the pick six.  Beautiful.

Marcus Hardison.  Dude gets push every snap.  He is lining up a lot at Peko's spot, which is awesome to picture him next to Geno.

Fej.  He is starting to show his "tackling machine" moniker as he is gaining confidence and is a part of the tackle (or makes it solo) almost every play that he is on the field.  

Tra Carson.  Great vision and speed for a big guy.  

Brandon Tate.  Made a few nice catches and good, decisive runs after the catch.  I wouldn't call him a stud (even though he is in this thread) but as hard as I am on him, he deserved recognition.  

Yours?
Agree with list competely. Especially the Hardin part.

But Boyd has to make list. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Big Los is on a mission this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
One dud.... Peerman.

His only value is on special teams. I hope to god we never have to hand the ball off to him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 09:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I would agree with your list, and Boyd looks the part....so he would be on mine.  Also, might add Jeremy Hill.....ran with vision, decisiveness, double skinned the ball, and the lack of the TD celebration really cemented his performance for me.  It's only preseason, but it was nice to see him on track.

If we get even some semblance of 2014 Jeremy Hill, this offense will be ruthless.

Also, Burkhead is awesome (those stupid announcers kept calling him Burkherd last night lol). I'd love to see if we could find a way to mix him in with Gio and Hill this year.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 10:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Big Los is on a mission this year.

Who is Big Los again? lol. 

Boyd is a stud. 
Dalton and AJ Mac looked good.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 02:47 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: If we get even some semblance of 2014 Jeremy Hill, this offense will be ruthless.

Also, Burkhead is awesome (those stupid announcers kept calling him Burkherd last night lol). I'd love to see if we could find a way to mix him in with Gio and Hill this year.

By the way, that "stupid announcer" that kept saying burkheart instead of burkhead is our only Hall of Fame player Anthony Munoz. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:59 PM)treee Wrote: By the way, that "stupid announcer" that kept saying burkheart instead of burkhead is our only Hall of Fame player Anthony Munoz. 
I guess he's not going to make the announcer's hall of fame then, eh ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm calling it right here right now. Michael Johnson is back. The starting front 4 are going to have a good year. Hardison has looked better than I expected. Clarke looked solid.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:59 PM)treee Wrote: By the way, that "stupid announcer" that kept saying burkheart instead of burkhead is our only Hall of Fame player Anthony Munoz. 

I believe in preseason week 1, he may have also referred to a cult hero as "Nick Virgil"....  if anyone else caught that...

But he is and always will be one of my fav Bengals of all time, so I give him a pass on mispronouncing second string/special teams guys....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 04:28 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: I believe in preseason week 1, he may have also referred to a cult hero as "Nick Virgil"....  if anyone else caught that...

But he is and always will be one of my fav Bengals of all time, so I give him a pass on mispronouncing second string/special teams guys....

Yep.  That's how it is with Anthony.  In addition to being such a great player, he's just such a great guy.  He's all heart and completely genuine.  And the little boo boos just make me love him more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 04:22 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm calling it right here right now. Michael Johnson is back. The starting front 4 are going to have a good year. Hardison has looked better than I expected. Clarke looked solid.

Good point.  MJ is looking very good.  He needs to stay healthy and create that missing piece from our d line...right side pressure
Reply/Quote
He didn't see enough time to call him a stud, but Tony McCrae (NC A&T) looked like he might contend for a spot at CB. I know he was cut by the Raiders, but I hope he gets more PT these next two games.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Who is Big Los again? lol. 

Don't really care for the nickname, but he's referring to Dunlap (CarLOS).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 12:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't really care for the nickname, but he's referring to Dunlap (CarLOS).

Thank you sir.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One dud.... Peerman.

His only value is on special teams. I hope to god we never have to hand the ball off to him.

Ok lets look at some history and stats here for Peerman.

For his career in regular season he has a 5.2 ypc and he has fumbled 1 time in 334 attempts. 

If you take his numbers and compare them to most 4th RB on a team over a few years I doubt many have that ypc average and dependable hands with the football and he is considered one of the top special teams player in the league. 

I have stated this before I would rather have a stud special teams player that is experienced , sure handed with the football as my 4th RB than some unproven rookie and 1/2 second year player that is average on special teams and has no track history of experience . Behind Hill, Gio and Birkhead how many meaningful carries is a 4th RB really going to get ?  Give me the type of player Peerman is all day with the depth we have at RB.
Reply/Quote