Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devin Singletary
Joe Goodberry Tweeted that there's a bunch of good free agent backs we could sign:

Code:
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1635989612618194945?s=20
He makes a few Tweets mentioning that he thinks Singletary is the best fit, saying 
Quote:I think Devin Singletary is the best fit.

Has run from shotgun, under center, can catch and block and is elusive. Great teammate and smart/aware.

He's just on the small side and doesn't have long speed.

and 
Quote:93 pass block snaps (73.2 PFF grade)
Had a higher elusive rating, yards after contact and breakaway percentage than Mixon.

He also mentions that his projected contract is only 4 to 5.5 million, so that would help us out with other signings. 
Here are some highlights:

I'd like the signing and it would eliminate a need!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Joe Goodberry Tweeted that there's a bunch of good free agent backs we could sign:

Code:
https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1635989612618194945?s=20
He makes a few Tweets mentioning that he thinks Singletary is the best fit, saying 

and 

He also mentions that his projected contract is only 4 to 5.5 million, so that would help us out with other signings. 
Here are some highlights:

This sentence, if accurate, sounds great: "Has run from shotgun, under center, can catch and block and is elusive. Great teammate and smart/aware." I like the pass blocking grade as well. And the cost.
Reply/Quote
He definitely checks a lot of boxes.

He's got got a ton of experience in pass protection...349 pass blocks in 4 years. He was pretty average his 1st 3 years and then took a big step last year.

He's averaging 4.6 yards per carry in his career and has 171 catches. The one negative that stands out is he will fumble once in a while...13 overall, and 8 in the last 2 years.

All in all though, for the right price, he could definitely be a nice addition as part of a RB tandem.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: This sentence, if accurate, sounds great: "Has run from shotgun, under center, can catch and block and is elusive. Great teammate and smart/aware." I like the pass blocking grade as well. And the cost.

Definitely saw that and meant to mention it but I'm in a NCAA draft with my friends. 

He checks all the boxes for us and is cheap.

I really hope we do this because he'd be the PERFECT back for us and our front office has to see that.

(Anyone notice that I've been taking it easy on my signature over-use of exclamation marks in this thread, even though I'm VERY 
excited?  Hilarious )
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He definitely checks a lot of boxes.

He's got got a ton of experience in pass protection...349 pass blocks in 4 years. He was pretty average his 1st 3 years and then took a big step last year.

He's averaging 4.6 yards per carry in his career and has 171 catches. The one negative that stands out is he will fumble once in a while...13 overall, and 8 in the last 2 years.

All in all though, for the right price, he could definitely be a nice addition as part of a RB tandem.

Let's hope other teams think that last year was a fluke so we can get him on the cheap.

The fumbles are a concern, especially after Hill fumbled away our first playoff win in thirty years, but maybe we could make him always carry a ball with him, like in The Program:

Hilarious
Reply/Quote