Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jawaan Taylor
I know many are in love with Devin White but I have to say that if White and Taylor are both on the board......I take Taylor. I was watching the Florida/LSU game to evaluate Taylor and what I saw was a single play that made me really notice White but play after play that made me notice Taylor.

His side of the field was not an issue one time that I saw during the entire game and he consistently was just a stone wall. Even when he used poor technique he still was able to flat stand defenders up. Extremely fluid transitioning from one block to another and gets to the second level with ease.

I see a Willie Anderson level RT with more athleticism.
Reply/Quote
I dont see Jawaan Taylor getting out of the top 10. The Broncos have a huge hole at RT and they pick 10 that's where I'd say Tyalor goes...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont see Jawaan Taylor getting out of the top 10. The Broncos have a huge hole at RT and they pick 10 that's where I'd say Tyalor goes...

Lock or Haskins.  Elway's gotta Elway.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So, we have a hole at LB. Theoretically keeping Hart was addressing RT.

IF we do draft a RT in Round 1, and fail to address our gaping hole at LB, then the Hart signing was that much worse.

I'm all the way going White if he's there.

I think the interesting scenario is IF Haskins, Murray, and/or Lock are there too. I'm not so sure the Bengals pass on those guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So, we have a hole at LB. Theoretically keeping Hart was addressing RT.

IF we do draft a RT in Round 1, and fail to address our gaping hole at LB, then the Hart signing was that much worse.

I think the interesting scenario is IF Haskins, Murray, and/or Lock are there too. I'm not so sure the Bengals pass on those guys.

Though most people think Murray will be a Cardinal, let's say it doesn't happen.

I don't think having Flacco would ever stop Elway from taking one of the QB's.    He is in the QB collecting business, after all and he won't stop until he has a franchise QB.  

The Giants are definitely in play for one of the QB's, no matter what their goofy GM says.  He also said he didn't sign OBJ just to trade him and then he went ahead and traded him.

I don't think TB can be necessarily ruled out, even though they claim Winston is still their guy.  It's pretty safe to say he is what he is after this many years. 

Then you have the Phins and Skins and either of them could be in play for a trade up.

I don't think it's crazy to think three QB's could be gone by the time we're up.

I kinda hope it ends up that way cuz it just means a very good non-QB will fall in our laps.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
re: The Cardinals - Man that's gutsy taking Murray when you already have Rosen.

The Raiders have Carr who was pretty good one year. Put talent around him and he could be fine. They could invest in another area of their team and really see a quick return to winning.

The Giants HAVE to take a QB after trading OBJ. You can't just dip your toe into the rebuilding water.

re: Winston - IF you look at him based strictly on numbers, he's not a bad QB. He just doesn't put up flash TD numbers...and he hasn't been able to win with the roster that's been put together around him. I could see Tampa wanting to roll the dice with another QB, but I don't think it's the right move.

The Dolphins basically have to land a QB. All they have is Fitzpatrick.

I saw some scenarios where the top OT falls to us.

You know what would be cool? If somehow we landed Josh Allen. It won't happen, but man can he rush the QB!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: re: The Cardinals - Man that's gutsy taking Murray when you already have Rosen.

The Raiders have Carr who was pretty good one year. Put talent around him and he could be fine. They could invest in another area of their team and really see a quick return to winning.

The Giants HAVE to take a QB after trading OBJ. You can't just dip your toe into the rebuilding water.

re: Winston - IF you look at him based strictly on numbers, he's not a bad QB. He just doesn't put up flash TD numbers...and he hasn't been able to win with the roster that's been put together around him. I could see Tampa wanting to roll the dice with another QB, but I don't think it's the right move.

The Dolphins basically have to land a QB. All they have is Fitzpatrick.

I saw some scenarios where the top OT falls to us.

You know what would be cool? If somehow we landed Josh Allen. It won't happen, but man can he rush the QB!

The Raiders definitely need defense and more defense.  But I can't get past the idea of Gruden's eyes lighting up at the thought of arriving in Vegas with a shiny new QB.  And you'd have to think Carr would have some pretty good trade value.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 10:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So, we have a hole at LB. Theoretically keeping Hart was addressing RT.

By your own reasoning, keeping Brown fills that hole.  We are in nickel > 75% of the time, Vigil and Brown would be the starters.
Reply/Quote

So theoretically speaking you are advocating not drafting a player that improves your roster if you already have a guy for that position? We signed Preston Brown right? He is our MLB correct? So why would we draft Devin White since he was a MLB at LSU?

I can tell you as well that I was on board with White and then I really started watching film on him pretty closely. It would seem that some stats people have been very generous when it comes to awarding him tackles. What I have seen is a guy that does not seem very instinctive and is rather easily blocked out of plays. I have also seen many missed tackles that were because of what appears to be a lack of effort.
Reply/Quote

Good Lord if Murray is there they better pass!
Reply/Quote
Taylor has the POTENTIAL to become one of the coveted big tackles with great feet that this team used to prefer - and has had great success with. His floor is probably a decent power RG. He'd be a great pick at 11 imo.

With White I think that you probably land a good player at a position of need, but at the cost of having a lower ceiling and a lower floor than Taylor. 

Re: Josh Allen - he is for some reason a late riser. His consensus ranking appeared to jump from a late first rounder to a top 5 pick. I'd take him and stick him at DE/Leo in a heartbeat. 
Reply/Quote