Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devin White
(01-14-2019, 02:29 PM)3wt Wrote: This is a great exchange.   I would not delete your account.  We all have our moments or threads where either we, others or all go sideways on each other.

I certainly enjoyed this exchange.   Stick around.

I agree!  I was like "who is this guy, but I like the way he thinks".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 05:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think so, it appears he is actually climbing based on some things I have seen. It's more likely to me he goes before 11 now than after 11. The combine will confirm what the tape shows, he is an athletic freak, and that could be all she wrote in terms of us getting him without a move UP. Wagner, Kuechly, Smith, Vander Esch, etc have all shown how big of an impact these new age LB's who can run and cover can have on defenses.

Dead on...and while Smith came to a defense that suddenly got amazing overnight when they added Khalil Mack (I almost called him Vontae,  Hilarious) but LVE made a huge impact on a defense that struggled before he got there.  That is what is needed here in Cincy more than anything else.  The middle of the defense.  

I would also draft another LB in Rd 3 if the talent is there AND get a starter in FA.  I feel that badly about our current crop of LBs.  There is a solid guy in Vigil, and no one else.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 02:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: I like Bush, but I like Ford and Yodny Cajuste more, personally.  If we moved down and noone fell, I would personally target one of those two.

Another possibility is the Bengals jump on the trend of using S's as LB's. I could easily see Williams in that role if the Bengals add a S in FA or early in the draft.

The success of Bates could lead this in this direction, absolutely.  A safety that is more of a speedster that can cover and a solid tackler and move williams to nickel backer.  It is surely possible with this new coaching staff.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 02:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea I mean you look at all the knocks on McGlinchy last year yet he had a really good rookie season. Every prospect has flaws and it’s simply about what flaws can be overcome and how long that could take.

Yeah, but all I can think is "Thank God we didn't take Kolton Miller".  Ogbuehi 2.0
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'll just post this here and get some opinions.

So, when White goes off the board at #10 because some team trades up and takes him after Lapham declares him the Bengals pick, who do we take?

I'm still torn on taking a LB that high in the draft. Theres always a top 5 type guy that slides down the board (Last year it was Minkah). I think that's the guy we end up taking.

Hope White falls to us but if not i would take either Oliver, Q. Williams, Jonah Williams or one of the Clemson D-lineman, Wilkins or Ferrell if one of them fall. Still so early in the Offseason haven't really got to look at any mocks yet of how the first might play out but i like these guys. We really need to improve LB and the O-line the most but i just want a gamechanger in the first if it isn't White or an O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 08:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope White falls to us but if not i would take either Oliver, Q. Williams, Jonah Williams or one of the Clemson D-lineman, Wilkins or Ferrell if one of them fall. Still so early in the Offseason haven't really got to look at any mocks yet of how the first might play out but i like these guys. We really need to improve LB and the O-line the most but i just want a gamechanger in the first if it isn't White or an O-lineman.

I am totally trading back to a QB needy team if White is gone. This is another draft where the guys between about 5 and 20 are the same guys talent wise. If you slide back to late teens early 20's you may be able to come back up from the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am totally trading back to a QB needy team if White is gone. This is another draft where the guys between about 5 and 20 are the same guys talent wise. If you slide back to late teens early 20's you may be able to come back up from the 2nd. 

Sounds good to me.
Reply/Quote
McShay now has White ranked as the third best prospect in the entire draft. Does look like he won't be there at 11 if league evaluators feel the same way.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:22 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: McShay now has White ranked as the third best prospect in the entire draft. Does look like he won't be there at 11 if league evaluators feel the same way.

He was probably was never gonna be.  Three down LB's with speed have become a hot commodity.  Everybody needs them.

Knowing how perfect he would be for us made me always believe we'd never get him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 12:20 PM)McC Wrote: He was probably was never gonna be.  Three down LB's with speed have become a hot commodity.  Everybody needs them.

Knowing how perfect he would be for us made me always believe we'd never get him.

I don't have an issue with Devin Bush if we are set on going LB. I'd rather have him at 15-20 but if he's their guy I wouldn't be upset with it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:22 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: McShay now has White ranked as the third best prospect in the entire draft. Does look like he won't be there at 11 if league evaluators feel the same way.

If he runs in the 4.4s and explode out of the blocks like some people are projecting he will go top10.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't have an issue with Devin Bush if we are set on going LB. I'd rather have him at 15-20 but if he's their guy I wouldn't be upset with it. 

Do you prefer Bush or Wilson?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 11:40 AM)McC Wrote: Do you prefer Bush or Wilson?

I think I like Bush as more of a Weak side backer vs Wilson as a Mike, you could argue we need both. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 01:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think I like Bush as more of a Weak side backer vs Wilson as a Mike, you could argue we need both. 

Bush is not really a fall off from White imo.  personally I would rather draft a DE or DT who projects well or an OT in round 1.  I think this class has some sneaky depth at O line and LB

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 02:17 PM)Okeana Wrote: Bush is not really a fall off from White imo.  personally I would rather draft a DE or DT who projects well or an OT in round 1.  I think this class has some sneaky depth at O line and LB

Bush is definitely a fall of from White. He is still a really good athlete that should be able to cover. He actually may be better early in his career than White, but White's ceiling is Deion Jones and I don't think Bush is quite that high. 

DE is a waste for us with the return of Lawson, we will be fine with (Lawson, Dunlap, Hubbard, Willis, Brown/late pick). We get Dlasgow back at DT who was having a good year and Billings contrary to what many believe is a good NT. I could be sold on a DT, but if that's the call I am sliding back to 20ish because the fall from the 2nd best to the 6th best is negligible. 

There are a lot of day 2 tackles who I think can be really good. I am 100% okay with doubling up at tackle/guard or waiting until Day 2 to take O linemen. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 02:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bush is definitely a fall of from White. He is still a really good athlete that should be able to cover. He actually may be better early in his career than White, but White's ceiling is Deion Jones and I don't think Bush is quite that high. 

DE is a waste for us with the return of Lawson, we will be fine with (Lawson, Dunlap, Hubbard, Willis, Brown/late pick). We get Dlasgow back at DT who was having a good year and Billings contrary to what many believe is a good NT. I could be sold on a DT, but if that's the call I am sliding back to 20ish because the fall from the 2nd best to the 6th best is negligible. 

There are a lot of day 2 tackles who I think can be really good. I am 100% okay with doubling up at tackle/guard or waiting until Day 2 to take O linemen. 

we have never agreed on anything so that doesn't surprise me

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 01:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think I like Bush as more of a Weak side backer vs Wilson as a Mike, you could argue we need both. 

Wilson brings alot more versatility than Bush.

Mack can likely play all 3 linebacker spots in a 43 and either ILB spots in a 34. It can also be argued he's the best cover linebacker in the entire draft.

Bush on the other hand is likely stuck as a weak side backer in either defense and his coverage skills are questionable especially man to man.

....but I think Bush can be very good day one as a gap shooting backer in a 34 while Wilson will likely need more time to develop his run defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Wilson brings alot more versatility than Bush.

Mack can likely play all 3 linebacker spots in a 43 and either ILB spots in a 34.  It can also be argued he's the best cover linebacker in the entire draft.

Bush on the other hand is likely stuck as a weak side backer in either defense and his coverage skills are questionable especially man to man.

....but I think Bush can be very good day one as a gap shooting backer in a 34 while Wilson will likely need more time to develop his run defense.

As a Will Bush will be fine covering backs out of the backfield in man and playing a hook zone or flat zone in zone coverage. I think Mack gets a little too much credit for his coverage ability on the flip side.

I like them both but I'd like to compare some combine numbers. I have a felling Bush may be more explosive than the tape shows.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Wilson brings alot more versatility than Bush.

Mack can likely play all 3 linebacker spots in a 43 and either ILB spots in a 34.  It can also be argued he's the best cover linebacker in the entire draft.

so what makes Wilson more versatile? 

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: so what makes Wilson more versatile? 

In one word size. 

If he comes in at 6'2 or even a tall 6'1 238 to 240 lbs his size will allow him to play all 3 spots in a 43 defense. Bush wont be able to play Mike or Sam due to size you wouldn't want him taking on second level blockers regularly.

Reply/Quote