Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still’s Daughter!
If anyone remembers when Devon Still played for us, his daughter, Leah, had cancer but fought it like a champ!

They were just on the Today Show and she’s six years in remission and one year cancer free!

If I remember correctly, even after we cut him, we signed him to the practice squad so she could still get insurance! I think I remember praising Mike Brown for the classy move!

Anyways, that’s just news to brighten your day!

PRAISE THE LORD!
Reply/Quote
Praise God
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Awesome...
Reply/Quote
Oh, that's beautiful. That makes me very happy. I actually thought of Devon Still a month or two ago, I'm really happy to hear that she is doing well.
Reply/Quote
Here ya go.. Nice story.. Mike Brown may be an old man, but still a decent old man..
https://youtu.be/3I6D5hGES1I
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm happy to hear it.

I remember not too long ago getting diagnosed with cancer was essentially a death sentence. But we've come a long way since then and the treatments and ability to send cancer into remission even at various stages of cancer is incredible. I'm happy for the Still family. Any illness of a family member is tragic, but it's doubly so for such a young person and she now has her whole life ahead of her. Someday, I hope this kind of story is common place and deaths to cancer are so uncommon that they are noteworthy simply due to their rarity.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Glad Little miss Still is doing better.   Cancer is a hell of a thing.

so true.

Wasn't there an opposing team that made a tribute to Devon and his daughter during a game (maybe in preseason)? I remember something super classy like that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: so true.

Wasn't there an opposing team that made a tribute to Devon and his daughter during a game (maybe in preseason)? I remember something super classy like that.

sounds like a bills thing but i dont remember
Reply/Quote
That’s great news for the Still family. And it was quite the humane gesture by Mike Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: so true.

I believe you're referring to the Patriots game at Foxboro, back in 2014 if I recall correctly.  Unfortunately, they weren't so nice to the Bengals on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If anyone remembers when Devon Still played for us, his daughter, Leah, had cancer but fought it like a champ!

They were just on the Today Show and she’s six years in remission and one year cancer free!

If I remember correctly, even after we cut him, we signed him to the practice squad so she could still get insurance! I think I remember praising Mike Brown for the classy move!

Anyways, that’s just news to brighten your day!

PRAISE THE LORD!

great news..thx for sharing this
Reply/Quote
Thats fanatic to hear. For all the complaints about Mike Brown, how he handled Devon and Leah Stills situation with moving him to the practice squad and everything, is a thing to be commended.
Reply/Quote
Keep it classy and stop trying to make this a debate about religion.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Heartwarming thread Brad.
[Image: devon-leah-still-today-main-200325.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally, I would love to see this moved to JN, a lot of members in there would be very interested in seeing this, but seldom, if ever venture in Klotsch.

What say thee old wise ones?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 08:23 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Personally, I would love to see this moved to JN, a lot of members in there would be very interested in seeing this, but seldom, if ever venture in Klotsch.

It was in JN but had to be heavily moderated because people could not control themselves and kept making posts that belong in the P&R forum.  Maybe that's why it was moved here?

That said, I'm glad to hear Devon's daughter is doing so well.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It was in JN but had to be heavily moderated because people could not control themselves and kept making posts that belong in the P&R forum.  Maybe that's why it was moved here?  

That said, I'm glad to hear Devon's daughter is doing so well.  

I didn't know that.  What jerks.
Reply/Quote
Next time I am gushing over the potential of this years draft remind me of what I was saying in 2012.

We had 5 picks in the first three rounds and I was very excited about 4 of them. Kirkpatrick and Zeitler in the first. Still in the second, and DT Brandon Thompson in the third. Then we took TE Orson Charles, who I really liked, in the 4th, and Marvin Jones, who I had in my mock drafts, in the fifth.

The one guy I did not know much about ended up being one of our best picks, Mohamed Sanu in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
that's awesome!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 08:23 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Personally, I would love to see this moved to JN, a lot of members in there would be very interested in seeing this, but seldom, if ever venture in Klotsch.

I started it in Jungle Noise just because we're family, and we all rallied around Leah and Devon, and especially since Mike Brown kept Still on the practice squad so Leah could still get insurance.

But I'm brain damaged, so who knows?

Freakout
(11-05-2021, 08:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: that's awesome!

Definitely a feel good story, especially the way Mike kept him on the practice squad so she could still get insurance!

Leah's a BOSS and kicked cancer's ass!
Reply/Quote