Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still Is Ready To Be A Killing Machine!
(07-17-2015, 05:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How much of a chance did he have, though?

You know our coaching staff is loyal to a fault, especially with a guy like Peko.

Was Still really given a fair chance?
Dude should have been cut last year.  It was a great gesture to keep him, but his play didn't warrant it.  I think the Bengals have been more than fair to him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 06:12 PM)jason Wrote: Dude should have been cut last year.  It was a great gesture to keep him, but his play didn't warrant it.  I think the Bengals have been more than fair to him.

Who exactly on the Bengals are you talking about? Tongue
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 05:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The coaching staff is loyal to a fault, but the guy barely shows anything in his limited chances. I know he doesn't play a stat-sexy position, but he doesn't really rush the QB (he has a 0.5 sack career). He doesn't really play stout run defense.

Shouldn't he be good at one of those if he's a DT/NT?

It's fine to root for the guy because of the off the field story, but it's also fine to have low expectations for him because we haven't seen anything in 3 years.

Although you may be right, it's possible that now that his injuries are behind him and Leah's cancer is in remission, that we might see the guy who was worthy of a 2nd round draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Put me in the camp with the guys that would love to see him tear it up ! It would be great for the team, fantastic for him, and wonderful for us.

But I have pretty serious doubts.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 05:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The coaching staff is loyal to a fault, but the guy barely shows anything in his limited chances. I know he doesn't play a stat-sexy position, but he doesn't really rush the QB (he has a 0.5 sack career). He doesn't really play stout run defense.

Shouldn't he be good at one of those if he's a DT/NT?

It's fine to root for the guy because of the off the field story, but it's also fine to have low expectations for him because we haven't seen anything in 3 years.

Usually takes more than a few limited chances for most players to show their value.

When has he ever had enough time to get into a groove or feel comfortable in the defense?

The expectations might be low, but I'd love to see him get some quality time with the first team now that this head is clear.

Put him in on early downs, rotate in Hardison in passing situations, cut Peko, use the extra 3.7 million towards re-signing AJ.
Reply/Quote
Still was also injured all last offseason, as well as at times prior to that. You could see he hadn't been hitting the gym as hard, in addition to obviously being distracted with Leah's situation.

He definitely has a fight ahead of him to make the team, with Hardison and Sims. I wish him well and would love to see him dominate with a clear mind, a clear heart, and a strong, NFL-trained, healthy body.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 08:39 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Still, Peko, Atkins, Thompson, Hardison, Sims, Gilberry, Hunt, Clarke, MJ, Dunlap...How many do we keep?

All....no more speed at DE, size at DT, just have four bodies plowing the road to the QB and the LBs flying around making plays.  Seriously...competition improves the breed.  Have "lines" like in hockey and have these guys breathing fire when they come in...no more patty cake with rushing four...send five of these dudes at opposing QBs every snap and play dime behind them.....with our depth at CB and S, I want opposing QBs getting hit every snap. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 07:59 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Although you may be right, it's possible that now that his injuries are behind him and Leah's cancer is in remission, that we might see the guy who was worthy of a 2nd round draft pick.

(07-17-2015, 09:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Put me in the camp with the guys that would love to see him tear it up ! It would be great for the team, fantastic for him, and wonderful for us.

But I have pretty serious doubts.

I know!!!  I'm really hoping he pulls it all together.  I'd love to be able to wear my #75 Still jersey for years to come!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 11:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: All....no more speed at DE, size at DT, just have four bodies plowing the road to the QB and the LBs flying around making plays.  Seriously...competition improves the breed.  Have "lines" like in hockey and have these guys breathing fire when they come in...no more patty cake with rushing four...send five of these dudes at opposing QBs every snap and play dime behind them.....with our depth at CB and S, I want opposing QBs getting hit every snap. 

I have felt this way for a while now. Why rush 4 so much when you have all of these playmakers on the back end. Make the QB throw it up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
Could you imagine a guy like that coming after you!!!  that is a scary though haha... way to go Mr. Still..... Time to play so football this year man!!!  show them what you got!!  BOOMYA!!!!
Reply/Quote
If the dude shows major improvement in camp and preseason, then he's found money at this point.

After Geno Atkins, I'm not overly attached to any DT on this roster, so there should be an opportunity if performance warrants it. That said, I hope they don't just keep him because of the human interest/PR aspect. The best player should win the spot regardless of public profile. The d-line was terrible last year, and even though the return of MJ and the recovery of Geno are pluses, I don't think corners can be cut for the sake of favoritism if they want to win. Peko already gets that charity spot. No room for 2 DTs on the gravy train.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 02:49 PM)MrRager Wrote: That is not a selfie.

If his cellphone camera has a timer on it(like most do) then it is a selfie.

Reply/Quote
Good luck Devon!  I am rooting for ya!
Reply/Quote
I really do hope he does well, because we'll need him.

I was really high on the guy coming out of college. Thought he was a first rounder and was ecstatic to see him be drafted. He didn't do much his rookie season which I expected, but as this tragedy happened you could tell his head wasn't in the game. Sure he had some minor flashes but he wasn't getting anything done.

The Bengals made the right business move to cut him, and the right all around move to keep him on the practice squad. Both because of his talent level and because of how they helped him financially.

I hope he makes the team and makes an impact, I really do.
Reply/Quote
a Keith Rivers type of killing machine or a Vincent Rey type............. or was it Gresham.. I forget after all these threads with similar titles.
Reply/Quote
I really think this guy has a shot to make the roster......

.....of the Browns.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 07:37 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Who exactly on the Bengals are you talking about? Tongue

Christo Bilukidi was cut, to make space for Devon Still.  Bilukidi could have filled a major role, while injuries were plaguing the defense, last season.

Bilukidi was pushed to the PS, and then quickly picked up by the Ravens.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote