Poll: Does Devon Still Make the Team this year?
Yes! Makes the 53 man roster
No he doesn't make it all
Yes he makes the practice squad if eligible.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it.
(08-19-2015, 01:57 AM)Shady Wrote: And we've got the talent at DE this year to make Hunt expendable unless he can come in and really start producing in preseason.

This is true, but I could see Hunt being the kind of guy that ends up on another roster and thrives.  I'm not ready to give up on him yet and I still have high hopes for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:08 AM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: Damn.

If I were you, I'd quit the jersey game. You have some horrid luck

Yeah, that's why I don't rush to buy one.  Why buy one just to have the guy gone next year?  lol  I was going to get a Burfict jersey last year.  Maybe even the thought of it jinxed him.  I think I'll wait a while before I get another one.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 12:22 PM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: If Cedric Peerman can make the team for being team preacher, I believe Devon Still deserves to make the squad for being so inspirational (and to keep Leah on health insurance).

i feel for him and his daughter...

But i want 53 players that can actually help the team..

Devon Still does not fit that discription. as a player unless he drastically improves soon
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone of them got signed by another team.

Typical criticism of the Bengals.  If they release a guy who goes on to play well someplace else then the Bengals were stupid for not keeping him longer, but if the Bengals cut a guy who doesn't make it anywhere else then the Bengals were stupid for keeping him too long.

Why doesn't anyone want to talk about the Patriots signing Ocho Cinco?

well cause we didnt cut ocho and they didnt sign him..

We traded him to the patriots for a 5th round pick (marvin jones)
Reply/Quote
Devon has shown zilch in the previous 3 years. Leah's struggles are awful and no parent should go through that, there's no denying that. However, there's no reason for us to keep a guy who offers us nothing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 10:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i feel for him and his daughter...

But i want 53 players that can actually help the team..

Devon Still does not fit that discription. as a player unless he drastically improves soon

This is exactly how I feel too. The NFL is far too competitive to waste a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
Pat Sims looked better than Still last week. But Still looked better than Thompson last week..

Surprised so many people give Thompson a pass.

But I can't say whether he will or won't make the team after one preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:13 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Pat Sims looked better than Still last week. But Still looked better than Thompson last week..

Surprised so many people give Thompson a pass.

But I can't say whether he will or won't make the team after one preseason game.

Not true. Not true at all. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not true. Not true at all. 

Watching game tape, Still was being double teamed quite a bit. Not every time, but often. Thompson was playing one on one more often than not and was still getting pushed back.

Neither played well, no matter the circumstance.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Watching game tape, Still was being double teamed quite a bit. Not every time, but often. Thompson was playing one on one more often than not and was still getting pushed back.

Neither played well, no matter the circumstance.

Thompson played vs 1s and 2s.
Still vs guys who won't be on a team.

Neither should be safe. But Thompson had a few decent snaps. 
A decent snap for Still is he didn't get blown 5 yards off the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Thompson played vs 1s and 2s.
Still vs guys who won't be on a team.

Neither should be safe. But Thompson had a few decent snaps. 
A decent snap for Still is he didn't get blown 5 yards off the ball. 

Still and Thompson played side by side in the last game. Thompson was still being pushed back by #2's and 3's.

Still had decent snaps as well. Still disrupted a few lanes. I saw one where he penetrated the hole and the back had to stop and go the other way where Thompson should have been, but he was blown back.

I had high hopes for Still out of the draft and he's greatly disappointed.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to sound like a cold hearted person but I honestly do not think Still deserves to be on this team because he has shown nothing and he has not improved. I think it is a great story with Leah but unfortunately that can go so far with him making the team because unless he improves he is taking a spot from a deserving player that is playing better. I am happy that Leah is cancer free and I hope and pray she continues to stay that way but football is a business and you have to be able to take out the personal side of it because it is nothing personal. The top 53 players should be on this team and unfortunately Still is not that right now. That could change from now to the end of the preseason but honestly I do not see it.
Reply/Quote
Still's play should be the sole basis for whether he gets a roster spot or not.
Reply/Quote
The other thing to keep in mind as you make these lists of who is in and who is out, will be who is healthy. Guys end up on PUP or IR or another position is beat up and they keep an extra body there. Just have to let the preseason unfold and see who makes the squad and who improves.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is a great year for us not to have Hard Knocks in our locker room. Who knows, maybe Still finds himself and picks his game up.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
In terms of keeping the best talent at DT, then I don't see how Still makes the team. He didn't do any impressing at all against the Giants, but he has another 3 games to wow us. He will be one of the final cuts. That being said if he does get cut I hope another team picks him up right away. I don't think Devon is done playing football at all, but were so stockpiled at talent for that position.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 02:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The other thing to keep in mind as you make these lists of who is in and who is out, will be who is healthy. Guys end up on PUP or IR or another position is beat up and they keep an extra body there. Just have to let the preseason unfold and see who makes the squad and who improves.

That's pretty much how Still made the active roster last year anyway. He was on the PS originally but got promoted due to an injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's pretty much how Still made the active roster last year anyway. He was on the PS originally but got promoted due to an injury.

we let a decent DT get away to keep still last year it was painful
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 07:29 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Cracks me up when people mention Peko as being on the block.  How many ex Bengal coaches (some now NFL head coaches) have to indicate he is a very productive player before people give up this nonsense?  His job is to tie up the interior OL and take up space, which he actually does it quite well.

What he does isn't pretty but it must be effective cause every coach they play seems to comment about his productivity.

To cut somebody you have to have better player options, not only starters but back ups also.  The Bengals do not at the present time.  Peko is not going anywhere - and shouldn't.

Peko actually gets pushed back a lot now in his twilight years. Sure Zim said he was the best NT in 2009, but it's 2015. I like the guy and his locker room leadership. But not sure how you can watch him play and think he is a dominant NT any longer. Watch him closely next game, you'll see. It may be moot point now that Simms is out with a groin injury. These things tend to work themselves out unfortunately due to injury.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The only thing I noticed from him during the preseason game, was the false start penalty.

There's Still time, however, to show something with the remaining games. As this current pace though, I'm not seeing it happen
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote