Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still released
Where might he play next?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:23 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Where might he play next?

Hopefully Phili, I heard Leah's doc is there.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Devon Still. Hope he catches on somewhere & continued prayers for Leah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wish him the best. The Bengals did right by him, both last year and this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Good luck Devon.  I hope you catch on somewhere!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:57 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Good luck Devon.  I hope you catch on somewhere!

And if he doesn't, he still should be just fine.  A quick Wiki check shows that he graduated with honors from PSU, earning his degree in Criminal Law and Justice.  Even if it is the end of his football career, it will likely only be the beginning of his professional career, post football.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And if he doesn't, he still should be just fine.  A quick Wiki check shows that he graduated with honors from PSU, earning his degree in Criminal Law and Justice.  Even if it is the end of his football career, it will likely only be the beginning of his professional career, post football.

Oh yeah, hopefully.  Although your options with that degree are a little limited. It would be nice to hear of and see a former NFL player use his degree.  Not that it hasn't happened before, it just seems like you don't hear about it often.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I think we all saw this coming. Not really surprised. Wish him the best of luck. Hopefully someone else will give him a shot.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals saw this coming last year.

Well done on activating him for a few games to get that 5 year insurance.
Reply/Quote
Glad we helped him have medical insurance for the next 5 years but why is it a big deal that we cut a player that wasnt doing good?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hopefully Phili, I heard Leah's doc is there.

He's from Pennsylvania, though he was born in Jersey or Delaware or something...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 07:19 PM)Element Wrote: Glad we helped him have medical insurance for the next 5 years but why is it a big deal that we cut a player that wasnt doing good?

If there wasn't the human interest angle to this story, then no one would care that we cut a player that didn't do well. But, his has been an emotional story from the beginning, and even attracted the notice of people who aren't even football fans, my wife included. So it's not surprising people are talking about it now.

I think it speaks well of this fanbase that we can see beyond a number on a jersey and wish him luck as he and his daughter's journey continues.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
According to Spotrac, Still earned over $2 million while with the Bengals. He doesn't seem like he'd be reckless with his money. On top of that, he has an excellent degree and I believe some of the proceeds from jersey sales went to Leah's care. They should be fine.

Honestly, I think he'll catch on somewhere in the NFL though. He's not terrible depth.

Edit: Paul Dehner tweeted that Devon and Leah are eligible for 5 more years of NFL health coverage, so I feel even better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Still was a wasted 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 12:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: Still was a wasted 2nd round pick.

Oof, I'd forgotten he was taken so high.  What happened (or failed to happen)?  

I'll google some of the 2012 draft grades and see if everyone was blindsided by this.

NO. 53: BENGALS SELECT: DEVON STILL, DT, PENN STATE GRADE
This kid was once considered a potential top-10 pick. He had some off-field issues, but he made plays. He will make the inside four of the Bengals very tough. GRADE = B

Wowza, this guy was considered a top 10 pick at one point?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oof, I'd forgotten he was taken so high.  What happened (or failed to happen)?  

I'll google some of the 2012 draft grades and see if everyone was blindsided by this.

NO. 53: BENGALS SELECT: DEVON STILL, DT, PENN STATE GRADE
This kid was once considered a potential top-10 pick. He had some off-field issues, but he made plays. He will make the inside four of the Bengals very tough. GRADE = B

Wowza, this guy was considered a top 10 pick at one point?

holy smokes lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote