Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still's Emotional Speech At ESPY's
So for those of you that might not have watched the ESPY's last night, Devon and Leah Still were honored and given an award. Just watch this video:

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the share.

I realllllly really hope that he can put it together on the field, because I like him as a person. He was very candid out there which made his speech very touching. The part about thinking about going to the grocery store and buying the biggest bottle of vodka was very interesting. The way he describes the situation is just heartbreaking. Even worse to be Leah of course, but being a parent to a child with cancer has to be one of the roughest things ever.

Anyways, good video, but only watch if you want to cry a little.  
Reply/Quote
I was wondering how along it was going to take for someone to post this, I guess a story not bashing the team doesn't get much attention. I thought that speech was amazing and I've never been happier to be a Bengals fan.
[Image: 52393749789596023645410.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Proud to be a fan of the Bengals.

They are good people even if they don't win playoff games.

And kids with cancer kind of put everything into perspective.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Proud to be a fan of the Bengals.

What he said
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't cry or at least get a little choked up watching that, man.....??????
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Go Bengals baby LEAHSTRONG
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 05:19 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So for those of you that might not have watched the ESPY's last night, Devon and Leah Still were honored and given an award. Just watch this video:

He's a class act, solid guy.  I would love to see this guy become a legendary player.  Not that football is everything, but it would be icing on the cake. Good dude
Reply/Quote
Choked me up man. Proud of Leah, Devon and the Bengals. Just Awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 06:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thanks for the share.

I realllllly really hope that he can put it together on the field, because I like him as a person. He was very candid out there which made his speech very touching. The part about thinking about going to the grocery store and buying the biggest bottle of vodka was very interesting. The way he describes the situation is just heartbreaking. Even worse to be Leah of course, but being a parent to a child with cancer has to be one of the roughest things ever.

Anyways, good video, but only watch if you want to cry a little.  

I hope as well. I think it put everything into perspective on how difficult this was for him and how it really destroyed him from a mental and physical aspect; however I found it extremely encouraging that he was able to keep pushing forward because of his daughter. Hopefully his speech helps someone going through what he went through.

(07-16-2015, 06:44 PM)Dmac18 Wrote: I was wondering how along it was going to take for someone to post this, I guess a story not bashing the team doesn't get much attention. I thought that speech was amazing and I've never been happier to be a Bengals fan.

Class act. Especially liked how he gave the Bengals credit for sticking by him when they could do nothing for him.

Agree fully
Reply/Quote
I'll admit it, my eyes were watering up.

That girl is incredibly strong.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 10:50 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't cry or at least get a little choked up watching that, man.....??????

Agree.  Anyone who can watch this and feel nothing is dead inside.
Reply/Quote
Wow....just....wow. I love what he said about how the Bengals showed the rest of corporate America how to stand behind an employee when they aren't able to be there for them. Not just because it said something nice about the Bengals, but because he is absolutely right. Too often, people are placed behind the almighty dollar.

I loved how he recognized his fiancée for her patience on not getting what is the usual courtship surrounding an engagement.

God bless the Still Family and all those people that helped to save Leah's life.

That speech was outstanding. He stayed so calm. I was blubbering at about 4 minutes in...
Reply/Quote