Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dez Bryant?
I'll start the inevitable thread...

Is he worth the price? Is he worth the challenges?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So funny...soon as I saw the headline, I looked here for this. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imagine Green and Dez together, oh my
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Dez is not that guy anymore. You're buying the name with him and a history of injuries and not performing well.
Reply/Quote
Depends on his price... Hes a bit of a Diva WR... He has the talent to be a solid #2 not sure hes a #1 anymore... But his contract demands might still be that of a #1 WR.

But when you look at our Roster.

Green
Ross
Boyd need to paly

If you replaced Lafell with Dez. He'd be our 3rd option or 3rd down possession WR... (who doesn't always know what a catch is thanks nfl..)
Reply/Quote
I instantly thought grab him but then had to come to reality that he wouldnt even want to come here,and the market is way too big for us,we wouldnt pay more then 2 million for someone lol. I can't believe we got fans who say no though,they'd rather have Brandon lafail out there.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 03:37 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I instantly thought grab him but then had to come to reality that he wouldnt even want to come here,and the market is way too big for us,we wouldnt pay more then 2 million for someone lol. I can't believe we got fans who say no though,they'd rather have Brandon lafail out there.

we should be seeing lafell get phased out this year but a vet presence incase someone goes down for extended time.... All for upgrading Lafell

Dez will be pricy though and we are already paying AJ and Ross decent money at WR...  That investment could go elsewhere
Reply/Quote
Throwing out the strange thought that Dez could be viewed like TO was.
TO was considered a locker room cancer and was coming off a down year in BUF.
Brown gambled on him anyway and he ended up being the most productive WR on the team that year.
If I'm Dez though, I might rather go to JAX given they need WRs and already a contender. Plus, JAX still has $13 mill in cap space, so they might go "all-in".
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Throwing out the strange thought that Dez could be viewed like TO was.
TO was considered a locker room cancer and was coming off a down year in BUF.
Brown gambled on him anyway and he ended up being the most productive WR on the team that year.
If I'm Dez though, I might rather go to JAX given they need WRs and already a contender. Plus, JAX still has $13 mill in cap space, so they might go "all-in".

When i first saw his name i was like never going to happen then i thought of TO and thought, who knows.

I think Dez will be too spendy for us and he is too much of a diva anyways.

Don't like the guy but he sure was a talent in his time. I agree, Jax looks like a likely landing spot for him.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote: I'll start the inevitable thread...

Is he worth the price?  Is he worth the challenges?
Bengals still have to dump more payroll for the players they signed, per Bengals.  That's why they say they need to draft a center because they can't afford a free agent center.  So since they need to cut payroll, no way they sign Dez Bryant. Some team will. So it's not a matter of is he worth the price, and more about we already over spent in free agency and still need to cut players to pay for the Buffalo LT, LB and resigning Eifert.  What I take from this is Dallas cut Bryant, which means Bengals will soon be cutting payroll. They said after draft, but that could be as early as April or May. There is a window where cutting players doesn't count as much against salary cap, and Dallas cutting Dez may be sign NFL is getting into that window.  Look for Bengals to be cutting veterans now, not adding on veterans. I'm thinking Burfict with yet another suspension may be on the chopping block from what national sports media has said about Bengals about sick and tired of Burfict.  Don't forget besides AJ Green, we have Boyd who is coming on, as in last game, Kroft who caught 2 TD's in last game, Ross should break out, and a slew of other young WR's, plus resigned Eifert.  What we need is blocking so Dalton can get the ball to them, with no blocking Dalton is getting career ending hits back there. I'm hoping 2 Blockers 1 and 2 in draft, guard and center. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No thanks! We have a fundamental problem. AKA the offensive line. Let's focus on that.
Reply/Quote
Here's a different way to look at it...
Would it be worth signing Dez for 2018 (or maybe even another 1-2 years longer) if it meant losing Atkins/Dunlap after this year?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When i first saw his name i was like never going to happen then i thought of TO and thought, who knows.

I think Dez will be too spendy for us and he is too much of a diva anyways.

Don't like the guy but he sure was a talent in his time. I agree, Jax looks like a likely landing spot for him.

I don't know if he necessarily even has lost a step.

I just think the Cowboys changed their offense when they drafted Prescott and Elliott.
I think Dez can still put up 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs in more of a passing attack.
I think he can put up 800+ yards and 6+ TDs as a WR2.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's a different way to look at it...
Would it be worth signing Dez for 2018 (or maybe even another 1-2 years longer) if it meant losing Atkins/Dunlap after this year?

No

I watched a lot of Cowboys games. Dez cannot get separation when covered by good CBs.

He got several TDs because he is still good on short jump ball passes inside the red zone.

That money should be spent on the o line and linebacker positions instead of an aging diva.
Reply/Quote
Why would we do that when we have John (the fastest man at the combine) Ross?  He's a can't-miss superstar!          Shocked
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
He's less than 50 percent on targets the last 3 years...150 out of 304. He also just had his lowest ypc 12.1. Dallas might have done right. His stats are descending.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 05:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: No

I watched a lot of Cowboys games. Dez cannot get separation when covered by good CBs.

He got several TDs because he is still good on short jump ball passes inside the red zone.

That money should be spent on the o line and linebacker positions instead of an aging diva.

What OL or LB still available in FA would be more valuable than adding Dez Bryant?
Unless you mean for next year?

Also, I'd happily take Dez to improve in the red zone. Bengals could use another big contributor in the red zone, especially if (when?) Eifert is hurt.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 05:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: He's less than 50 percent on targets that last 3 years...150 out of 304.  He also just had his lowest ypc 12.1.  Dallas might have done right.  His stats are descending.

He was romos go to..   When room was down and they were playing backups he wasn't getting the ball much and dak spreads it around and doesn't focus just on dez...

so yeah production vs $$$$ is an issue.      He could still be very good for a team that already has a #1 wr and needs a #2.

but don't think that will be here.

If we are looking for a WR its more likely depth than a starter...... as we have starters.(even though unproven Ross is gonna play this year a lot)      Id be down for giving Steadman bailey a shot.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's a different way to look at it...

Hell no.

(04-13-2018, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know if he necessarily even has lost a step.

I just think the Cowboys changed their offense when they drafted Prescott and Elliott.
I think Dez can still put up 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs in more of a passing attack.
I think he can put up 800+ yards and 6+ TDs as a WR2.

Still don't think he would be worth it if we lost Geno or Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
He will go home to Houston.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote