Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dez Bryant?
No thanks! We have a fundamental problem. AKA the offensive line. Let's focus on that.
Reply/Quote
No thanks unless he is very cheap
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:49 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Dez is not that guy anymore. You're buying the name with him and a history of injuries and not performing well.

you forgot history of being a *****...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would it be worth signing Dez for 2018 (or maybe even another 1-2 years longer) if it meant losing Atkins/Dunlap after this year?

(04-13-2018, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still don't think he would be worth it if we lost Geno or Dunlap.

Why does it HAVE to be "X player or lose all your good players in FA" anytime someone decent gets cut?

In 2018, Kirkpatrick is making $9.6m against the cap. Dennard is $8.5m, and one of those two will likely not be with the Bengals in 2019 what with Will Jack.
Dunlap is $7.3m against the cap in 2018. Atkins is $9.5m

$9.5m+$7.3m+$9m (the average between Kirkpatrick and Dennard) = $25.8m, which is enough to sign both Dunlap and Atkins.

That's not even touching upon the fact that any WR signing would almost certainly mean LaFell getting cut, which is $4m free right there.

- - - - - -

Please stop trying to make any possible addition be an automatic choice of that player or *insert your favorite players with FA in 1-3 years here*... that's some Hobson stuff.

The Bengals right now have $63.6m in cap space in 2019, and that's if the cap doesn't rise at all (it's been rising like ~$10m/yr) and if the Bengals roll over nothing.

They can afford the future commitment of Bryant, Atkins, and Dunlap if they so chose to.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: Imagine Green and Dez together, oh my

Sounds like T.O. And C.J. No thanks!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 11:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why does it HAVE to be "X player or lose all your good players in FA" anytime someone decent gets cut?

In 2018, Kirkpatrick is making $9.6m against the cap. Dennard is $8.5m, and one of those two will likely not be with the Bengals in 2019 what with Will Jack.
Dunlap is $7.3m against the cap in 2018. Atkins is $9.5m

$9.5m+$7.3m+$9m (the average between Kirkpatrick and Dennard) = $25.8m, which is enough to sign both Dunlap and Atkins.

That's not even touching upon the fact that any WR signing would almost certainly mean LaFell getting cut, which is $4m free right there.

- - - - - -

Please stop trying to make any possible addition be an automatic choice of that player or *insert your favorite players with FA in 1-3 years here*... that's some Hobson stuff.

The Bengals right now have $63.6m in cap space in 2019, and that's if the cap doesn't rise at all (it's been rising like ~$10m/yr) and if the Bengals roll over nothing.

They can afford the future commitment of Bryant, Atkins, and Dunlap if they so chose to.

I did it because the Bengals already said they “overspent” in FA (even though they have $18 mill in cap space) and have said extending Atkins and Dunlap were a high priority. Typically, the Bengals will use the funds reserved the current year for extensions to save cost on the following years, so signing Dez could mean lack of current funds to extend either Atkins or Dunlap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 05:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was romos go to..   When room was down and they were playing backups he wasn't getting the ball much and dak spreads it around and doesn't focus just on dez...

so yeah production vs $$$$ is an issue.      He could still be very good for a team that already has a #1 wr and needs a #2.

but don't think that will be here.

If we are looking for a WR its more likely depth than a starter...... as we have starters.(even though unproven Ross is gonna play this year a lot)      Id be down for giving Steadman bailey a shot.

Dez was the 12th most targeted WR in the NFL, yet finished;
24th in catches
28th in yards
26th in TD

But I would still take him bc I think he could do labels job 3x better.
Reply/Quote
Dez is T.O. with the same attitude and a fraction of the skill.

Pass.
Reply/Quote
Ehhhh
Reply/Quote
Dez Bryant will land in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Dez will do everything in his power to play the Cowboys twice or more a season. Washington is probably his most likely landing spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 02:49 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Dez is not that guy anymore. You're buying the name with him and a history of injuries and not performing well.

Eh... I think Dez can still be that guy. His game was not predicated on separation, dez was able to make those catches in traffic as well as anyone in the game. Part of his decline can be attributed to Dak. I know a lot of people love Dak, but I think a lot of Dez's problems lie in lack of trust from Dak.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 09:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Dez was the 12th most targeted WR in the NFL, yet finished;
24th in catches
28th in yards
26th in TD

But I would still take him bc I think he could do labels job 3x better.

Targets do not tell a whole story, IE when and where was he targeted. If he was only targeted when uncovered 5 yards out, then that is not gonna lead to lots of yards. Sure thats probably not the case, but I think we get addicted to stats, and don't practice statistical analysis enough.
Reply/Quote
I don't see it happening. Bryant and Green vying for balls to be thrown their way, just seem like a disaster in the making. I should add though, you wouldn't hear Green say anything, just Bryant. I would pass on it.

Plus, with Cincinnati being a small market, I doubt the limelight is big enough for Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 01:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't see it happening. Bryant and Green vying for balls to be thrown their way, just seem like a disaster in the making. I should add though, you wouldn't hear Green say anything, just Bryant.  I would pass on it.

Lets give AJ some credit, he's not Chad. AJ might be the best team player of a wide receiver I have ever seen. He just wants to be part of success, and he does it with total class. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 02:00 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Lets give AJ some credit, he's not Chad. AJ might be the best team player of a wide receiver I have ever seen. He just wants to be part of success, and he does it with total class. 

I believe I was giving AJ credit, I said he wouldn't complaining about balls. That is the one thing I really like about AJ, super star without attitude!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2018, 08:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No thanks unless he is very cheap

Honestly, I hope he goes to Pittsburgh. He would be a locker room cancer. With him competing with A.B. it would create nothing but noise and disrupt everything. I think they probably know that too so it wont happen. He's a Diva and I don't think we want him at any price.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 07:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dez will do everything in his power to play the Cowboys twice or more a season. Washington is probably his most likely landing spot.

Good point. I highly doubt NYG or Philly would be interested.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 03:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I believe I was giving AJ credit, I said he wouldn't complaining about balls. That is the one thing I really like about AJ, super star without attitude!

My bad missed the second part of your post! Good call!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Targets do not tell a whole story, IE when and where was he targeted. If he was only targeted when uncovered 5 yards out, then that is not gonna lead to lots of yards. Sure thats probably not the case, but I think we get addicted to stats, and don't practice statistical analysis enough.

I was replying to a guy who said Dak spread it around and didn’t focus on dez. That just isn’t true, since dez 12th in targets
Reply/Quote