Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dez vs. Jermaine
I remember watching TV the night of Round 1 of the 2010 NFL Draft. I looked at the board and still saw wide receiver Dez Bryant from Oklahoma State on the list I was thinking that the Bengals would draft the star receiver.

I thought wrong.
With the 21st pick of the 2010 NFL Draft the Bengals selected Jermaine Gresham, a tight end out of Oklahoma.

I personally would've preferred to have seen them pick WR Dez Bryant. Does anyone else recall hoping/wishing for the same that night? Honestly, I'm still disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:02 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I remember watching TV the night of Round 1 of the 2010 NFL Draft.                                                                                                                                                          I looked at the board and still saw wide receiver Dez Bryant from Oklahoma State on the list I was thinking that the Bengals would draft the star receiver.

I thought wrong.                                                                                  
With the 21st pick of the 2010 NFL Draft the Bengals selected Jermaine Gresham, a tight end out of Oklahoma.

I personally would've preferred to have seen them pick WR Dez Bryant. Does anyone else recall hoping/wishing for the same that night? Honestly, I'm still disappointed.

Nope. I knew we needed a TE; it’s just that I preferred Rob Gronkowski. 

Then in the 2nd round I thought we should have taken Dunlap and the Bengals did just that. 

In the 3rd I thought we should go linebacker and take Navarro Bowman and with our 3rd round comp I thought we should go CB; we took Ghee, but I really wanted Alterraun Verner. 

4th round the Bengals did exactly as I was hoping and took Geno Atkins; but I did want to go Safety with our 4th round comp and go Kam Chancellor. 

5th round I thought we should have went edge rusher and was screaming for Greg Hardy. 

6th round it where I thought we should have taken a WR and I was yelling at the TV for the Bengals to pull the trigger on Antonio Brown.

In the 7th I was thinking we should double down on WR and always had my eye on a prospect out of UMass named Victor Cruz.

I'm still disappointed too.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wanted Dez over Antino Bryant and TO. I don't think Gresham is that bad and I am disappointed that he is not on our team. I also think if Palmer would have stayed here things would have been different for him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:02 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I remember watching TV the night of Round 1 of the 2010 NFL Draft.                                                                                                                                                          I looked at the board and still saw wide receiver Dez Bryant from Oklahoma State on the list I was thinking that the Bengals would draft the star receiver.

I thought wrong.                                                                                  

I'm with you on that. Bryant was clearly head and shoulders above Gresham leading up to the draft.

The Bengals drafted for need. Gresham was the considered the top TE in that draft by most teams. Of course, Belichek is a better coach and gets the most of the players he has.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. I knew we needed a TE; it’s just that I preferred Rob Gronkowski. 

Then in the 2nd round I thought we should have taken Dunlap and the Bengals did just that. 

In the 3rd I thought we should go linebacker and take Navarro Bowman and with our 3rd round comp I thought we should go CB; we took Ghee, but I really wanted Alterraun Verner. 

4th round the Bengals did exactly as I was hoping and took Geno Atkins; but I did want to go Safety with our 4th round comp and go Kam Chancellor. 

5th round I thought we should have went edge rusher and was screaming for Greg Hardy. 

6th round it where I thought we should have taken a WR and I was yelling at the TV for the Bengals to pull the trigger on Antonio Brown.

In the 7th I was thinking we should double down on WR and always had my eye on a prospect out of UMass named Victor Cruz.

LMAO.................... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. I knew we needed a TE; it’s just that I preferred Rob Gronkowski. 

I wanted Gronk as well but that back issue, then the fact it has bit him atleast once while being a pro would not have mixed well with the bengals and their suspect medical staff. Dez was a temper tantrum away killing someone when he first came in the league, attracted to trouble like flies to poop. No way the Bengals could get someone like that and all the money Dallas put into making him a man....he litrally had a paid 24/7 nanny, a grown assed man.

And we cant really look at Gronks production considering Tom Brady vs Broken down CP and Andy Dalton. Probably the same result Gronk looking for a team going to another team. Hindsight 20/20 isnt clear cut here.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote

Rep.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what they would have done the next year if they drafted Dez. Do they still take Green or do they try to fix QB or take Peterson in the first?

If passing on Dez means they passed on someone like Gabbert the next year then we came out ahead.
Reply/Quote

I thought wrong.                                                                                  

Yes bringing Dez Bryant into a locker with OchoCinco would have done wonders for this team. There is no denying the talent with Dez, but coming into the league he was a total headcase and a mess. This team wasn't in a place like it is now. Now the team can draft a guy with a few rough edges because of solid leaders in the locker room like Peko and Whit who will keep the young guys focused. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

wow! If the Bengals had that draft whoa!
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote

In the 3rd I thought we should go linebacker and take Navarro Bowman and with our 3rd round comp I thought we should go CB; we took Ghee, but I really wanted Alterraun Verner

4th round the Bengals did exactly as I was hoping and took Geno Atkins; but I did want to go Safety with our 4th round comp and go Kam Chancellor

5th round I thought we should have went edge rusher and was screaming for Greg Hardy

If that's really what you would have done during that draft weekend, that would have been the most incredible draft of all time. Granted there's no guarantee that all those players would be the players they have become if they had been drafted by the Bengals, but we know that they have been able to achieve great success elsewhere.

You, my friend, may have found your calling and should become a scout for the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Green & Gresham > Dez
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that's really what you would have done during that draft weekend, that would have been the most incredible draft of all time. Granted there's no guarantee that all those players would be the players they have become if they had been drafted by the Bengals, but we know that they have been able to achieve great success elsewhere.

You, my friend, may have found your calling and should become a scout for the NFL.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but the point is that anyone can make the right pick with hindsight.

PacManFever started a thread about one time that he was correct (possibly), but I am sure he has been wrong about a lot of college players and never started a thread about any of them.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for Dez a little, but I was so happy that we finally had our TE when we selected Gresham.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Lmao Mike Brown better hire this guy
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote

yeah we had just lost all our TEs the year before right? Reggie and Utech and were starting guys like JP foschi....

Looking at their careers now 5 years later i would have grabbed dez too but at the time we needed a TE... they went with the safest Pick with Gronk having recent back surgery at the time.
Reply/Quote