Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialysis
I'm probably going to have to be on dialysis in the not to distant future.. I found out I have stage3b kidney disease. Complete failure starts at 5..
Well this blows. I knew they were bad, but I didn't know that it was this bad.. 
Oh well..such is life.  I guess I ain't as immortal as I thought. 
First the liver, then heart and now kidneys.. 

Strange..when I was much younger I was often quite suicidal. I didn't care if I lived or died. Now that those problems have resolved I'm more interested in staying alive than I ever was before.. I won't go deep into debt over it, but I would like to make it to 70.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hate to hear it, hang in there. My sister had to go on dialysis but she was able to do hydro from home.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That's terrible news, but we'll all hoping for the best and keeping you in our thoughts.
Reply/Quote
Sorry brother! Keep your head up!

We're all pulling for you!

I've already said a prayer!

Keep us updated if you want to tell us how you are or let us know if you just need a laugh or anything!

YOU'VE GOT THIS!
Reply/Quote
Damn, sorry to hear that. Dialysis is serious. Wishing you the best.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
So, my father-in-law lives with my wife and I, and he ended up in the hospital with stage 5 because no doctors had caught it to that point. After his time in the hospital getting things straightened out, I take him to dialysis three times a week. He's honestly doing pretty good, these days. You're in a good spot, though, in that you are anticipating it. The folks I see in that position at the center each time I take my FIL in are doing pretty good. They get around on their own pretty well, a lot of them are still driving themselves, and they've been at this for years. Yeah, you'll have some restrictions on things that will suck, but you can still make the most of life. Good luck to you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear that. My dad refused dialysis for years and eventually passed away earlier this year. Hopefully it extends your life quit a bit.

If you dont mind me asking, how did you end up with Kidney disease? Heavy smoker? Drinker? Diet?

I'm just wondering, I would love to avoid it when I'm older and any tips would be helpful.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I have a cousin who has been on dialysis for a while. He pastors a church and rides his bike all over the place.

You just need to keep paying close attention to all the little details of keeping yourself healthy. Dialysis will be a huge pain in your ass, but you should be able to lead a pretty normal life otherwise if you take care of yourself.
Reply/Quote
If you don’t mind me asking, what made you know they were “bad”? I hope all goes better then you think it will!!!
Reply/Quote
It's not the end of the world by any means, just one more thing.. Right now I'm struggling with chest pain doctors can't seem to be able to figure out what's causing it because it's so intermittent.. It feels like cardiac arrest. I had that years ago and it hurts like this does, but the markers for it haven't showed up in blood work or ekg's. Oh well..More fun in the not getting any younger front. I'm beginning to think it doesn't help to live healthy.. You're gonna die anyway and I really, really, REALLY don't wanna be 95 years old someday.. 62 is hard enough.. LOL

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear that, wishing you the best.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You just need to keep paying close attention to all the little details of keeping yourself healthy.  Dialysis will be a huge pain in your ass, but you should be able to lead a pretty normal life otherwise if you take care of yourself.

Did not mean for this post to sound so "preachy".  I was really trying to make you feel better.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 10:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Did not mean for this post to sound so "preachy".  I was really trying to make you feel better.

I understand perfectly..My health is my responsibility. If I don't take care of it nobody else will..

Reply/Quote