Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Adam just get Tez in trouble?
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Broncos-double-move-past-Bengals-Drop-crushes-Green-Ced-holds-up-Tez-on-the-way/7a02bacf-2838-40a5-af2c-647e0a88bc37

TEZ ON WAY: The good news out of Sunday is that it is the last game they play without linebacker Vontaze Burfict. Burfict is now off his NFL three-game suspension and don’t you think they don’t know.

“Hell, yeah. Can’t wait until 55 gets here,’ Jones said. “I don’t give a damn who doesn’t like it, either. Can’t wait for him to get back. I’m calling him right now when I walk out of here. We’ve been talking anyway, trust me.”

We've been talking anyway.

Aren't NFL players who are suspended NOT supposed to have contact with their teammates?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:28 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Broncos-double-move-past-Bengals-Drop-crushes-Green-Ced-holds-up-Tez-on-the-way/7a02bacf-2838-40a5-af2c-647e0a88bc37

TEZ ON WAY: The good news out of Sunday is that it is the last game they play without linebacker Vontaze Burfict. Burfict is now off his NFL three-game suspension and don’t you think they don’t know.

“Hell, yeah. Can’t wait until 55 gets here,’ Jones said. “I don’t give a damn who doesn’t like it, either. Can’t wait for him to get back. I’m calling him right now when I walk out of here. We’ve been talking anyway, trust me.”

Aren't NFL players who are suspended NOT supposed to have contact with their teammates?

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the quote...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a great way to get out of the doghouse.

Reply/Quote
Talking to another teammate when suspended? Oh say it ain't so... I could see Goodell suspending Burfict for the rest of the season
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the quote...

King Goodell will probably hang another 2-3 games on Burfict for that. Sad But, I hope not. Thanks Jones, another example of no discipline on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Talking to another teammate when suspended? Oh say it ain't so... I could see Goodell suspending Burfict for the rest of the season

Get back to your Raven's thread..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The big question is, who gets cut tomorrow to free a spot for Burfict to return?

My assumption has to be the 3rd string QB, but if we were so worried that we couldn't sign him to the practice squad that we were willing to put in a waiver claim, why shouldn't it still apply now?
Reply/Quote
How can the NFL control a player on their own time in public? I'm pretty sure that would be in violation of his civil liberties. NFL suspensions do not trump the US constitution... When they are not breaking the law, of course.
Reply/Quote
He talked to him during pre season; that's what he was saying. Ninja Nervous Rock On
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I found this when I googled whether suspended players can have contact with team mates. Apparently they are not allowed to talk football. It doesn't say they can't have contact.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-cant-even-talk-155823571.html

NFL vice president of communication Brian McCarthy on Sunday told the Boston Herald that the Patriots quarterback is not only banned from practices and team meetings during his suspension, but is also prohibited from discussing football with his teammates or even having them over to play catch.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:43 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: How can the NFL control a player on their own time in public? I'm pretty sure that would be in violation of his civil liberties. NFL suspensions do not trump the US constitution... When they are not breaking the law, of course.

Collectively bargained.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:28 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Broncos-double-move-past-Bengals-Drop-crushes-Green-Ced-holds-up-Tez-on-the-way/7a02bacf-2838-40a5-af2c-647e0a88bc37

He could just say "by 'we,' I meant my teammates and myself," or "I meant before the season, because three weeks isn't exactly past tense.
(09-25-2016, 09:57 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I found this when I googled whether suspended players can have contact with team mates. Apparently they are not allowed to talk football. It doesn't say they can't have contact.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-cant-even-talk-155823571.html

NFL vice president of communication Brian McCarthy on Sunday told the Boston Herald that the Patriots quarterback is not only banned from practices and team meetings during his suspension, but is also prohibited from discussing football with his teammates or even having them over to play catch.

They could have meant discussing the team's football (strategies, plays, etc.) and the toss thing is understandable since Brady's a QB and it could be seen as practice.
Reply/Quote
If this becomes an issue i am done.

Because, remember the death threat tweets over a legal tackle.. and then the NFL didn't do a damn thing about it thus escalating the situation???

ffs

Reply/Quote
This is a non issue
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The big question is, who gets cut tomorrow to free a spot for Burfict to return?

Russell Bodine...... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The big question is, who gets cut tomorrow to free a spot for Burfict to return?

My assumption has to be the 3rd string QB, but if we were so worried that we couldn't sign him to the practice squad that we were willing to put in a waiver claim, why shouldn't it still apply now?

Russell Bodine.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:58 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Russell Bodine.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I feel like Burfict is just gonna feel like the first time he hits someone hard he's going to get thrown out so might as well go all out and let the chips fall where they may.
Reply/Quote
We can't put all our hopes on Burfict. Our team is not playing well and one guy is not going to magically fix it.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We can't put all our hopes on Burfict.  Our team is not playing well and one guy is not going to magically fix it.

Yup. Burfict beats himself up and the refs will be out to get him, Also Eifert is injury prone. So yes it would be nice to have these guys back but the problem with this team is so much larger than any 2 players can fix.
Reply/Quote