Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Adam just get Tez in trouble?
(09-25-2016, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Get back to your Raven's thread..

My what now?

I was being sarcastic. Sorry I though that was obvious
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup. Burfict beats himself up and the refs will be out to get him, Also Eifert is injury prone. So yes it would be nice to have these guys back but the problem with this team is so much larger than any 2 players can fix.

Eh, we've never had a perfect team and our 2 Ls this year have been pretty close. I think it's fair to say that the return of Eifert and Burfict will have a dramatic effect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We can't put all our hopes on Burfict.  Our team is not playing well and one guy is not going to magically fix it.

Our team is inconsistent.  What an opening drive, then....pooped their pants.

They do this all the time.  They can bait you by looking like a world beater, and then...poop pants.  

I think a team reflects the coach, and their coach is the king of poopie pants. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 11:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine...... LMAO

Can we ship him AND Piano Man as a package deal?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We can't put all our hopes on Burfict.  Our team is not playing well and one guy is not going to magically fix it.

Offensively, yes.  However, this defense is a totally different unit when 55 is on the field.  That showed last season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
At least Burfict will not tip an interception that his heading into Maualuga's hands into the air like Vinney did...... Shocked
Reply/Quote

He will definitely help the defense but can't do much about the o-line & ST blunders.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:27 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He will definitely help the defense but can't do much about the o-line & ST blunders.

Or a lame-ass coaching staff
Reply/Quote
Well if the national media catches wind of this and makes big deal look for a fine, and loss of draft pick. Can't fix stupid.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The big question is, who gets cut tomorrow to free a spot for Burfict to return?

My assumption has to be the 3rd string QB, but if we were so worried that we couldn't sign him to the practice squad that we were willing to put in a waiver claim, why shouldn't it still apply now?

cause if he passed waivers he could choose to sign where he wanted...   now all PS squads are filled and if anyone claims him from us they have to put on the roster for 3 weeks
Reply/Quote

Seemed to help our D last year. Our D seemed kind of off last year, and then Burfict came back and it looked like a completely different unit. Considering how our offense looks schizophrenic, we're going to need our D to carry us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: cause if he passed waivers he could choose to sign where he wanted...   now all PS squads are filled and if anyone claims him from us they have to put on the roster for 3 weeks

Exactly my point.  Waive him now and he probably won't get claimed, then is free to sign with any team, not just the Bengals.  Whatever team offers him a spot can open one on the PS to fit him in if they so desire.

There are also teams that have dinged up QBs who could take him (NE, Cleveland, Seattle, Chicago), knowing they can ditch him the next day if they want to.

You are only required to keep someone on the roster for 3 weeks if you sign them off of another team's Practice Squad.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Seemed to help our D last year. Our D seemed kind of off last year, and then Burfict came back and it looked like a completely different unit. Considering how our offense looks schizophrenic, we're going to need our D to carry us.
I suspect Burfict will be under such tight scrutiny that he will be ineffective even if he is in football shape. I hope he does light a fire. Someone needs to and these coaches apparently don't have a match or a clue. Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Collectively bargained.

Yeah, the union has definitely been falling down on the job over the last several years.  They need to step it up on a number of fronts, but this most of all.  Throwing the ball in the back yard or some field hardly approximates practice and is something they have decided to do with their free time.

Plus the arbitrary assignment of suspensions needs to be challenged by the union.

They need to grow some big boy pants.
Reply/Quote
Who Cares, the NFL has rules and we bend them a bit.... If the Bengals did anything like the NE Patties we probably would have to sell the team to the highest bidder. I don't care what rule there is, you can't stop another HUMAN talking to Another HUMAN. That is something Adolf Hitler would do.. SCREW YOU Roger Goodell.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or a lame-ass coaching staff

Actually, he does help our "lame ass coaching staff. I think him being suspended was worse than him being unable to play because of injuries. He is like a coach on the sidelines and the players probably listen to him over Pauly. And Pauly takes advice from Tez too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 12:51 AM)Derrick Wrote: I suspect Burfict will be under such tight scrutiny that he will be ineffective even if he is in football shape. I hope he does light a fire. Someone needs to and these coaches apparently don't have a match or a clue. Sick
I doubt it. He doesn't care about scrutiny, and has said that nothing will change.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote