Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did Anyone Have A Superstitious Routine Yesterday?
It's crazy how sport fans have superstitious routines thinking it could possibly affect the game's outcome. As silly as it is, so many people do it on different levels.

My question for everyone is did you do anything before or during the game yesterday that you thought would affect the outcome of yesterday's play off game?
Reply/Quote
Yes. I religiously consumed a large volume of alcohol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only as related to clothing. I had on both my Bengals socks (pair number three of four in the layering sequence) and my Bengals sweatshirt that has a HUGE version of the tiger head logo on it. I wore both to the KC game and figured I had to wear them again. And, they worked!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I have been wearing my Chad Johnson jersey and now that I have the new 85 Tee Higgins jersey that is signed I have it laying on my dining room table.

If we were losing when I was wearing CJ and switch that to Jeff Blake, AJ Green, Carson Palmer lastly Andy

and lots of alcohol
Reply/Quote
I never wear any Bengals gear during the game. Every time I try it we mess up. In the Jax game this season I took my Chase jersey off and we came back and won. That was the final proof but have been doing it for like 15 years now. Lmao. Don't remember why it started or how. But now I am too nervous to test it again after the Jax game
Reply/Quote
I'm going with the hockey playoff beard...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I’m sorry but why are you implying that what I do or don’t do has no effect on the game? That’s just silly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don’t normally have a routine but considering it was 31 years without a playoff win I thought it would be symbolic to bet $31 dollars on the Bengals to win , my pizza came to $28 dollars so I gave a $3 tip( pick up ) also think it was 31 degrees at kickoff.
Reply/Quote
I did wear the same outfit that I did to the Chiefs game... other than that no lol. Actually had quite a different schedule - had to park in a different spot. Had beers over in NKY instead of the banks.. weird day
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Same as every Sunday.

Wear the same jersey color as the team all day long, drink only out of Bengals glass all day long, pat the Bengal Bear (even though it is actually a tiger) on the head shortly before kickoff.
Reply/Quote
I ate Skyline before the game. They've only lost once when I've done this, and lost every time I didn't
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: It's crazy how sport fans have superstitious routines thinking it could possibly affect the game's outcome. As silly as it is, so many people do it on different levels.

My question for everyone is did you do anything before or during the game yesterday that you thought would affect the outcome of yesterday's play off game?

Nah. I quit that about 3 or 4 years ago.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Honestly it's simple for me. Be as optimistic af. Burrow helps me with that with his constant confidence. It brushes off very well. I refuse to bring negative or even nervous vibes to the game. I feel like my positive vibes can help spread throughout the stadium and create noise for the defense. Just being positive.. No outfit routine. I do love coneys on game dey.
Reply/Quote
Strangely I really did not have one this year, but did wear one of my Dad's hats that I had worn during the Chiefs game.

It's 2-0 in big games now so its officially my new lucky hat lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still wearing it lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I finally stopped praying to my "Bo Knows" shirt from HS and just threw it away instead Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:11 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I finally stopped praying to my "Bo Knows" shirt from HS and just threw it away instead Mellow

Don't tell me you could've done that 30 years agoMad
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't tell me you could've done that 30 years agoMad

I could have done it 3o years ago Ninja

But, I wore that thing to Spring Break and have some very good sexy time memories in it. 

And I trusted in Jesus to hear my prayer and plead to Bo to forgive Whatever

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:36 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I could have done it 3o years ago Ninja

But, I wore that thing to Spring Break and have some very good sexy time memories in it. 

And I trusted in Jesus to hear my prayer and plead to Bo to forgive Whatever

None of the rest of us have very good sexy time memories from it, but we do have very miserable playoff memories from it.

So it was officially ALL YOUR FAULT!

But, THANK YOU for finally doing the right thing and getting rid of it (even if it was 3 decades late)! Wink
Reply/Quote
My dad passed earlier this year. We went through his clothes and I found an old Bengals shirt that he wore when he was around my age (35). It was the first layer I put on yesterday. I will continue wearing it throughout the playoffs.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote