Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TRADE VOTTO
The rest of his 5 year deal is too much money. DUMP HIM.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:39 AM)kevin Wrote: The rest of his 5 year deal is too much money.  DUMP HIM.

That's why nobody will take him. He's way overpriced for the market.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
He has a no trade clause and is not living up to contract.

He isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
The Reds can dump him and eat the rest of his salary but that doesn't really help them out financially.

Once again: Votto CANNOT be traded unless he agrees to it and he seems to have no interest in leaving.

Basically Joey Votto is going to be a Cincinnati Red until his contract is over or he retires, whichever comes first.
Reply/Quote
Start platooning him at first and drop him to 7th or 8th in the lineup. He'll waive that no-trade clause real soon after that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Mods, can we please merge this with Kevin's other TRADE VOTTO thread just 5 slots below this one?

And can Kevin get some "help" with his Votto obsession?
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to believe Kevin wants to trade Votto Bang Head
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm starting to believe Kevin wants to trade Votto  Bang Head

From what my sources tell me . . . you may be right.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
C'mon..Joey Votto is on the precipice of breaking out with a broken bone somewhere..maybe multiple broken bones or just a bad back, but I'm fairly confident that Joey will remain a Reds player the rest of his career. 
Someday we'll all look back on this with fond memories of how lousy his multi year deal was and not quite as bad as the Homer deal at least not yet. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That decline phase shirt that he wore in the spring sire made him look silly this year. I’d probably skip wearing it next spring... just saying
Reply/Quote
Nothing would warm my heart more than to see Joey Votto hit .300 all season and hit 30 home runs enroute to a world series championship for the Cincinnati Reds. Do I believe it'll happen? Nope. Do I think it's possible? Absolutely! If Votto were to hit .300 for the season he wouldn't be the first at his age. Of course he's slowed down a bit with a bit less power than years past, but he's put in a lot of time with the team and deserves to be honored and to retire with the team when he wants to.
I still like Joey Votto and don't want to see him traded nor treated like he hasn't earned his spot in Reds history.
Even after his horrendous start to the season he still hit .261, better than 36 other Reds players.. Erase that terrible start to the season he would have likely hit over .300. Get real Kevin.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Where is there coming from? Again...
Maybe Votto will do better next season but he is likely in age of decline. Kevin, Reds cannot trade a player that has NO TRADE CLAUSE!

I got over the Votto situation this year and just assume he is an anchor that is holding the Reds Franchise in place. Now if they were winning than that would be great... Tongue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Where is there coming from?  Again...
Maybe Votto will do better next season but he is likely in age of decline.  Kevin, Reds cannot trade a player that has NO TRADE CLAUSE!  

I got over the Votto situation this year and just assume he is an anchor that is holding the Reds Franchise in place.  Now if they were winning than that would be great... Tongue

If they would just acknowledge it and put him 6th or 7th in the lineup it wouldn't suck so much watching him suck so much.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
No disrespect intended Kevin, but I'm ready to trade you to the Marlins for a fan who respects players who have paid their dues.

Reply/Quote