Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Cincinnati Fans boo Dalton at a charity event?
This shows the class of some of our fans and not in a good light.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000501140/article/andy-dalton-booed-at-softball-game-in-Cincinnati

There is a time and place for everything. I think this is over the top and made all Cincinnati fans look like losers who have no grip on reality.

The All-star game is supposed to highlight our city's great attributes. This was just the opposite and was a big a shot to the Red's and city as it was intented to be for Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This shows the class of some of our fans and not in a good light.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000501140/article/andy-dalton-booed-at-softball-game-in-Cincinnati

There is a time and place for everything. I think this is over the top and made all Cincinnati fans look like losers who have no grip on reality.

The All-star game is supposed to highlight our city's great attributes. This was just the opposite and was a big a shot to the Red's and city as it was intented to be for Dalton.

This booing of Dalton makes me want to support him more than ever.  I'm sick of "fans" who don't really follow the team and have no idea Andy has averaged 10 wins a year.  They watch during the playoffs, where he has struggled, but they don't know jack about this team.  They make comments that would have been relevant 10 years ago.  I'm sick of it.  End rant.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to get word from somebody that was there to find out how bad the "boo'ing" actually was.

One guy took a shitty video of the back of someone's head while booing into his phone and it gets all of this attention? I don't know for sure, but it's tough to hear what else is going on other than the 1 guy.

Would be awesome if somebody on here happened to be there and could report back.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it'll motivate him to play better so he won't get booed it's not Cincy fans fault he's choked in the spotlight it's his own fault
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:57 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd like to get word from somebody that was there to find out how bad the "boo'ing" actually was.

One guy took a shitty video of the back of someone's head while booing into his phone and it gets all of this attention? I don't know for sure, but it's tough to hear what else is going on other than the 1 guy.

Would be awesome if somebody on here happened to be there and could report back.

Friend went, when I asked, he said Urban Meyer got more boos than Andy, wasn't as bad as everyone thinks.

When I first heard about I was mad but the media probably sensationalized it... shocking.

Dude also hit a long homer, thats what happens when it's not on prime time baby.
Reply/Quote
typical.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This shows the class of some of our fans and not in a good light.

Yeah not sure if it was local fans or people from out of town... or what.

but they werent booing so much we he knocked 2 out of the park.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:57 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Hopefully it'll motivate him to play better so he won't get booed it's not Cincy fans fault he's choked in the spotlight it's his own fault

The whole team tends to choke in the spotlight..... Booing wont motivate many players.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 12:07 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Friend went, when I asked, he said Urban Meyer got more boos than Andy, wasn't as bad as everyone thinks.

When I first heard about I was mad but the media probably sensationalized it... shocking.

Dude also hit a long homer, thats what happens when it's not on prime time baby.

Urban is a douche though...there's no denying that.

As for booing Andy, booing him in a situation like that at all is such a Cleveland thing to do.

Reply/Quote
Some Cincy fans are like school in Summer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:57 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Hopefully it'll motivate him to play better so he won't get booed it's not Cincy fans fault he's choked in the spotlight it's his own fault

Andy seems like a good person, and while I don't think he's very good - I don't support treating him or anybody else like that. I really doubt that lack of motivation has anything to do with his play, it's a talent issue.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 01:43 PM)Utts Wrote: Andy seems like a good person, and while I don't think he's very good - I don't support treating him or anybody else like that. I really doubt that lack of motivation has anything to do with his play, it's a talent issue.

Agreed. I was a bit surprised when I heard the news considering all the Dalton lovers in this forum. I was under the assumption Cincinnati was behind him. Seems even Bengals fans (outside message forums) don't think he's very good either.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 01:46 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Agreed. I was a bit surprised when I heard the news considering all the Dalton lovers in this forum. I was under the assumption Cincinnati was behind him. Seems even Bengals fans (outside message forums) don't think he's very good either.

Are we predicting trash on his lawn if we miss the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some Cincy fans are like school in Summer.

N. C. : No Class......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 01:46 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Agreed. I was a bit surprised when I heard the news considering all the Dalton lovers in this forum. I was under the assumption Cincinnati was behind him. Seems even Bengals fans (outside message forums) don't think he's very good either.

You putting your stock in a group of people who booed a QB for surpassing 20k yards......the same group that tends to cheer and make noise when the home team has the football?

Is that your final answer? Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I seen the video, sounded like one dude.. perhaps... I don't think much of it!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are we predicting trash on his lawn if we miss the playoffs?

You know, I've been a critic of Dalton and his play, but I swear if I ever saw that happen, those people would be choking on their own teeth. There's a point where we have to separate the man from the player. Andy is a good person, and while I'm not sure he's the QB we need going forward, he certainly doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, especially when we know it'll hit the internet and make us look like a classless 'trashy' city. I wouldn't have booed him at this event, especially considering it's for the purpose of giving charity and bringing the city together. Only a man-child introduces negativity into that sort of occasion.
[Image: mmubti.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:57 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd like to get word from somebody that was there to find out how bad the "boo'ing" actually was.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25240042/andy-dalton-booed-at-mlb-all-star-celebrity-softball-game

Dalton appeared along with a number of different celebrities, but our baseball spy and CBSSports.com colleague Dayn Perry reports that Dalton was booed quite heavily when he stepped to the plate.

"Dalton was booed at pregame intros and before his at bats," Perry writes. "Some cheers mixed in but mostly boos. He later hit probably the longest home run of the game."
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 12:07 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Friend went, when I asked, he said Urban Meyer got more boos than Andy, wasn't as bad as everyone thinks.

He actually hit two homers lol.. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

There's a bunch of Dalton haters in the city and surrounding area (I live literally just across the river), but it's generally just meat heads who think that they know a lot about football because they just watch the black-and-white of it all and don't see everything going on with games.

They also don't see things like the fact that we were crippled by injuries in the playoff game.

Even girls do it because they don't look at the actual play or what it took to get us to the playoffs.

When we do win a playoff game this year, half of the haters will just bask in the glory like they were never haters and the other half will still say things like "they won because of the running game and defense, not because of Andy," or, if we win a game or two in the playoffs but not the Super Bowl, they'll say "but he still can't win a big game or take us all the way."
Reply/Quote