Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Cincinnati Fans boo Dalton at a charity event?
Anyone who boo'd Andy at a charity event is a low class piece of garbage. Seriously get a freaking grip. Im embarrassed to be a part of the same fan base of such douchebags.
Reply/Quote
In the end really who cares? Andy isn't a 12 year old girl he should be able to take the heat after everything he's done he should expect it. And as fans why do we care??
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:27 PM)TSwigZ Wrote:  And as fans why do we care??

I wouldn't care if it was at a football game and he had just done something wrong.

But to boo a guy during introduction at a charity softball game is embarrassing for the entire Cincinnati fan base.  There is just no excuse for it.  It makes us all look like ignorant ********.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wouldn't care if it was at a football game and he had just done something wrong.

But to boo a guy during introduction at a charity softball game is embarrassing for the entire Cincinnati fan base.  There is just no excuse for it.  It makes us all look like ignorant ********.

Yeah, this.

There's really no reason to boo Andy at this type of event. To be fair though, a lot of people in attendance probably ARE ignorant ********.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:27 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: In the end really who cares? Andy isn't a 12 year old girl he should be able to take the heat after everything he's done he should expect it. And as fans why do we care??

I personally care because I'm tired of our fanbase/team/players/organization getting written about like we are the biggest P.O.S. franchise in the NFL.

Some douche on NFL.com creates an article over a few guys who bood at a charity event (they probably bood everyone that came up to bat, some people are just like that) and it gives everyone a platform to just trash our QB for no reason.

Our QB is good, and we need to stick up for the guy. Just go read the comments on NFL.com... at least there is substance to the Andy-hate here. He is an easy target, and the more we continue to just let it happen the worse everything is going to get.

If a bunch of dudes were trash talkin on your girlfriend and you let it continue to happen like we let the smear campaign against Andy continue to happen, she would be long gone.... and so will Andy.

Booing him, leaving him hate messages on twitter and the inevitable trash on the lawn isn't going to help us get over the hump. Support and belief in our QB might just give us a shot though, but I don't think anyone is going to let that happen. AKA Andy is going to have to play his heart out to win everyone back. 

I'm fine with hating him, just keep it constructive ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I seen the video, sounded like one dude.. perhaps... I don't think much of it!!   ThumbsUp

The good news is we will see the game tonight as it is being aired.

I had heard AD was booed multiple times versus just one dude at one at bat.

We will see tonight because if he is booed enough for the guys announcing the game it is likely a lot of fans versus just one fan
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't think he deserves to get booed. Seems like a class act off the field in Cincy and he has arguably been the most successful regular season Qb in the Bengals history.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:27 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: In the end really who cares? Andy isn't a 12 year old girl he should be able to take the heat after everything he's done he should expect it. And as fans why do we care??

Seriously?????????

Cincinnati fans don't look enough like morons and buffoons, it was a great idea to add to the National spotlight by booing a QB at a charity softball game.

I said it earlier, there is a time and a place for everything. This was not the time or place and made Cincinnati fans look very bad Nationally.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a bunch of Dalton haters in the city and surrounding area (I live literally just across the river), but it's generally just meat heads who think that they know a lot about football because they just watch the black-and-white of it all and don't see everything going on with games.

They also don't see things like the fact that we were crippled by injuries in the playoff game.

Even girls do it because they don't look at the actual play or what it took to get us to the playoffs.

When we do win a playoff game this year, half of the haters will just bask in the glory like they were never haters and the other half will still say things like "they won because of the running game and defense, not because of Andy," or, if we win a game or two in the playoffs but not the Super Bowl, they'll say "but he still can't win a big game or take us all the way."

Cool story bruh.
Reply/Quote

(07-13-2015, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wouldn't care if it was at a football game and he had just done something wrong.

Yup.

In a game you don't have to like what's going on, no biggy. But off the field? They're representing the organization in a positive way, they deserve support for it.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 05:59 PM)Benton Wrote: Yup.

In a game you don't have to like what's going on, no biggy. But off the field? They're representing the organization in a positive way, they deserve support for it.

Bingo
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

I agree 110% this was totally uncalled for!!!!!!
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't really care about the booing. I'm not someone that boos at sporting events. What did bother me, was Dalton's response. "It doesn't matter." Pretty much sums up his entire career to this point. Just once I'd like to see some fire or bravado from this guy. He should have said "Yeah it ticked me off and I'm going to shut up all the critics by playing the best football of my life this season." That's a QB that I could support and can lead a team, but hey "it doesn't matter"
Reply/Quote
Yep, I heard this on Sports Talk Radio, this morning, as I was waiting for it to quit raining. 

No matter if you hate his play on the football field or not, you do NOT boo a hometown player at a family, charity event!

Stay Classy, Cincinnati!  (you're catching up with Cleveland, faster than you think)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not one to have pity for a grown man playing a game for 15 million a year, but it can't be easy to be Dalton right now.

I'm certainly not sold on him ever being much more than what he is now, but he does seem like a good soldier. He takes his lumps for the most part. His honeymoon ended after 2013. He has to know that the microscope is more focused on him than ever. I suppose it's part of his job to deal with it, but it can't be good for his mental state.

If I were him, I'd be a shut-in or living elsewhere until the season.
Reply/Quote
Coley Harvey was just talking about it on ESPN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Booing Dalton at a charity softball game is just about as low as it goes on the sportsmanship meter.

Booing an Ohio State football coach who has just won a national championship, in an OHIO stadium matches it, though. And by the way, Urban played for UC, and graduated from UC.

Room temperature IQs are far too numerous.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't even boo him at a game. That is low to boo the guy when he is donating his time.
Reply/Quote
Classless, for sure. But I don't know that this is just a Cincinnati thing. Seems more like an international fan thing. Right or wrong, this is just the way it is in sports now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 08:18 PM)McC Wrote: Classless, for sure.  But I don't know that this is just a Cincinnati thing.  Seems more like an international fan thing.  Right or wrong, this is just the way it is in sports now.

Weather or not it is just a Cincinnati thing, is inconsequential.  To read some of the posters, they claim that we are the best, most loyal fan base in the league.  I find that really hard to believe. 

How about we just ask Carson Palmer, and Andy Dalton's wives how they feel about the fan base?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote