Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Cleveland rob the Reds?
Puig has been mediocre. In 99 AB’s, 2 HR’s, 12 RBI and .253 AVG. Bauer is 1-4 with an 8.40 ERA and will cost a ton next year. Here’s what’s gonna sting in the future. The Reds gave up a 6’6 LH Starter that would be under control for a long time. Moss is 4-1 with a 1.65 ERA and the Indians weren’t long promoting him to AAA. He doesn’t throw a fireball but has a nice slider and change up. He’s projected to be a #3-5 Starter. This looks like a trade of desperation. Bauer pitches a lot of innings, if he isn’t getting blown out. He’s had one Ace type year, that doesn’t make him an Ace!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:20 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Puig has been mediocre. In 99 AB’s, 2 HR’s, 12 RBI and .253 AVG.               Bauer is 1-4 with an 8.40 ERA and will cost a ton next year.                    Here’s what’s gonna sting in the future. The Reds gave up a 6’6 LH       Starter that would be under control for a long time.                            Moss is 4-1 with a 1.65 ERA and the Indians weren’t long promoting him to AAA. He doesn’t throw a fireball but has a nice slider and change up. He’s projected to be a #3-5 Starter. This looks like a trade of desperation. Bauer pitches a lot of innings, if he isn’t getting blown out. He’s had one Ace type year, that doesn’t make him an Ace!

I've lost most of the hope I had that Bauer and/or Wood are gonna be any help. Yes in the big picture it's still a small sample size but these aren't two guys just coming up outta the minors.

I sure hope the Reds are in the market for another top shelf starting pitcher this offseason. We don't have a lot behind Castillo and Gray besides question marks and 4th,5th types.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will you stop this? Bauer is playing with TORN LIGAMENTS IN HIS ANKLE! He will be pitching in his contract year and hopefully will be healthy next year. He has elite stuff. Plus, Puig could make his way back to Reds. One can only dream...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Will you stop this? Bauer is playing with TORN LIGAMENTS IN HIS ANKLE! He will be pitching in his contract year and hopefully will be healthy next year. He has elite stuff. Plus, Puig could make his way back to Reds. One can only dream...

Will I stop this???? It’s the first that I’ve heard that Bauer has been pitching hurt and if he has been then that is a big wtf on the Reds management. It still doesn’t hinge the fact that Bauer has had one great year and a bunch of mediocre years. I just don’t see that as elite! If he’s been hurt then he shouldn’t have been in the rotation, why cause further injuries compensating for this injury?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 06:20 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Will I stop this???? It’s the first that I’ve heard that Bauer has been pitching hurt and if he has been then that is a big wtf on the Reds management. It still doesn’t hinge the fact that Bauer has had one great year and a bunch of mediocre years. I just don’t see that as elite! If he’s been hurt then he shouldn’t have been in the rotation, why cause further injuries compensating for this injury?

The thing about Bauer is his personality.  He is sort of a cerebral, detached personality, introvert type.  I only learned about his injuries from prior interviews.  He is extremely frustrated and a perfectionist.  He is playing through the injury to help his team.  Don't give up on him just yet.  He is a bull-dog and is probably more upset with his performance than we can imagine.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 06:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The thing about Bauer is his personality.  He is sort of a cerebral, detached personality, introvert type.  I only learned about his injuries from prior interviews.  He is extremely frustrated and a perfectionist.  He is playing through the injury to help his team.  Don't give up on him just yet.  He is a bull-dog and is probably more upset with his performance than we can imagine.  

The thing is that he has only hurt his team. I hope that he hasn’t caused himself a worse injury that will follow him into next year because of pitching while hurt. It’s strictly about numbers for me. If he will cost 15-18 million next year then I wonder if it would be better to go in another direction. That’s nothing against Bauer, I’m that way about all of the players. Sometimes fans get too sentimental with players, Votto being a great example. It’s will be another 4th or 5th place finish next year if Votto and Bauer have similar years next year, given that they will make over 40 Mil. between the two.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:21 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The thing is that he has only hurt his team. I hope that he hasn’t caused himself a worse injury that will follow him into next year because of pitching while hurt. It’s strictly about numbers for me. If he will cost 15-18 million next year then I wonder if it would be better to go in another direction. That’s nothing against Bauer, I’m that way about all of the players. Sometimes fans get too sentimental with players, Votto being a great example. It’s will be another 4th or 5th place finish next year if Votto and Bauer have similar years next year, given that they will make over 40 Mil. between the two.

For Bauer to have any trade value, he would have to demonstrate he is healthy and pitch well at start of next season.  Maybe the Reds could at the very least offer Bauer a QO for which he may turn down and the Reds get compensatory pick.  Depends on Reds status next year.  Mahle pitched well this last game.  I think Disco has done better but is inconsistent.  Gray, Castillo, Disco, Mahle is not enough.  Gausman has some issues but could get a long look at SP next year.  Bauer, if healthy and true to his form, could take the Reds over the top but the problem is lack of closer and Bullpen.  

Votto is not going anywhere.  Sad.  Great guy, but bad contract.  I would love to dump his contract but unless he bounces back next year, probably will retire as a Red.    

Bauer is 28 years of age will be only 29 in January.  Ace potential.  Puig would have cost similar to Bauer.  I really liked the energy Puig brings but I also liked Gennett.  At least Bauer is a Red for another year, Puig had a year option from what I understand which at the time I did not know.  

I think if the Reds finish 3-5th next year, they will go into full rebuild mode.  This means trading Castillo for prospects.  Sad really.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: For Bauer to have any trade value, he would have to demonstrate he is healthy and pitch well at start of next season.  Maybe the Reds could at the very least offer Bauer a QO for which he may turn down and the Reds get compensatory pick.  Depends on Reds status next year.  Mahle pitched well this last game.  I think Disco has done better but is inconsistent.  Gray, Castillo, Disco, Mahle is not enough.  Gausman has some issues but could get a long look at SP next year.  Bauer, if healthy and true to his form, could take the Reds over the top but the problem is lack of closer and Bullpen.  

Votto is not going anywhere.  Sad.  Great guy, but bad contract.  I would love to dump his contract but unless he bounces back next year, probably will retire as a Red.    

Bauer is 28 years of age will be only 29 in January.  Ace potential.  Puig would have cost similar to Bauer.  I really liked the energy Puig brings but I also liked Gennett.  At least Bauer is a Red for another year, Puig had a year option from what I understand which at the time I did not know.  

I think if the Reds finish 3-5th next year, they will go into full rebuild mode.  This means trading Castillo for prospects.  Sad really.  
If he's hurt, shut him down.  Other than staying out of last place, what are the Reds even playing for?

Also, how sorry is it that when September call ups came around, this is all the Reds had to bring up?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: For Bauer to have any trade value, he would have to demonstrate he is healthy and pitch well at start of next season.  Maybe the Reds could at the very least offer Bauer a QO for which he may turn down and the Reds get compensatory pick.  Depends on Reds status next year.  Mahle pitched well this last game.  I think Disco has done better but is inconsistent.  Gray, Castillo, Disco, Mahle is not enough.  Gausman has some issues but could get a long look at SP next year.  Bauer, if healthy and true to his form, could take the Reds over the top but the problem is lack of closer and Bullpen.  

I think if the Reds are gonna make a move the time is NOW like it hasn't been in quite some time !

They've finally got the nucleus of a good team. Suarez 3B Iggy SS (I hope) Galvis 2B Aquino RF Senzel CF Castillo and Gray SP's perhaps Bauer can recover next season ? Disco is a decent #5 starter

They're close, perhaps closer than they've been in years ? The window for small market teams opens, and shuts very quickly !

If not now, when ???
Reply/Quote
Psych, I did a Google search on Bauer being hurt. There’s an article from June 7th out of Cleveland where he said that his body is really banged up. He wasn’t specific but said that he spends most of his time between starts trying to get ready for his following start. It sounds like the Reds traded Puig and a good looking LH starting prospect for someone that was already hurt. I don’t think the Reds fanbase willbuy into another Rebuild attempt, that stadium would be empty.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:16 AM)McC Wrote: If he's hurt, shut him down.  Other than staying out of last place, what are the Reds even playing for?

Also, how sorry is it that when September call ups came around, this is all the Reds had to bring up?

It appears that he was hurt before the Reds traded for him! There’s nothing at all promising about the call ups.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 03:02 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Psych, I did a Google search on Bauer being hurt. There’s an article from June 7th out of Cleveland where he said that his body is really banged up. He wasn’t specific but said that he spends most of his time between starts trying to get ready for his following start. It sounds like the Reds traded Puig and a good looking LH starting prospect for someone that was already hurt. I don’t think the Reds fanbase willbuy into another Rebuild attempt, that stadium would be empty.

Makes sense.  Indians knew of his health but were really pushing to move Kluber.  I heard Bauer's name in trade rumors but more of Kluber.  I think what sent Bauer to the Reds was his frustration and attitude and health.  Bauer will have an off season to get healthy and maybe regain that Ace form.  He has elite stuff.  Partially Torn ligaments in ankle will affect delivery. 

Reds gave up a lot on that "big" trade with the Dodgers.  What did the Reds net?  Kyle Farmer.  It is frustrating to be a Reds fan.  I had high hopes for Bell and new staff.  House has to go.  House by himself has cost the Reds several games.  

Lets hope that I am right and that Bauer regains form.  Gray-Bauer-Castillo is an elite trio at least potentially.  Mahle is showing improvement.  I don't know if the Reds bring back Disco.  I sort of hope they do.  He was the Reds top pitcher at one time so he would be a decent #4-5 Rotation player.  

Keep an eye on the new rookie Lodolo.  He is average about 14 SO9 and has sub 2.50 ERA in the minors.  He is a lefty and will be moving up fairly quickly to the Majors.  Unless, the Reds trade him    Nervous  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
The Bauer trade was a total fleecing.

But it is what it is. Let's hope Bauer returns to his status as an average starter (no, he's not an ace) next season.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 07:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Bauer trade was a total fleecing.

But it is what it is. Let's hope Bauer returns to his status as an average starter (no, he's not an ace) next season.

So a 2.95 ERA over the last two years with the Indians (332 IP) is just "average"?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds gave up a lot on that "big" trade with the Dodgers.  What did the Reds net?  Kyle Farmer. 

And Bauer.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Bauer.

From the Dodgers? I am assuming Wood will not re-sign with Reds. But one never knows. I know Wood is due 10 mil or so.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 07:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: From the Dodgers? 

We don't get Bauer without getting Puig from the Dodgers.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't get Bauer without getting Puig from the Dodgers.

True.  And I don't know for sure but I think Puig as dropped off some since leaving the Reds in terms of BA, etc.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 03:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Makes sense.  Indians knew of his health but were really pushing to move Kluber.  I heard Bauer's name in trade rumors but more of Kluber.  I think what sent Bauer to the Reds was his frustration and attitude and health.  Bauer will have an off season to get healthy and maybe regain that Ace form.  He has elite stuff.  Partially Torn ligaments in ankle will affect delivery. 

Reds gave up a lot on that "big" trade with the Dodgers.  What did the Reds net?  Kyle Farmer.  It is frustrating to be a Reds fan.  I had high hopes for Bell and new staff.  House has to go.  House by himself has cost the Reds several games.  

Lets hope that I am right and that Bauer regains form.  Gray-Bauer-Castillo is an elite trio at least potentially.  Mahle is showing improvement.  I don't know if the Reds bring back Disco.  I sort of hope they do.  He was the Reds top pitcher at one time so he would be a decent #4-5 Rotation player.  

Keep an eye on the new rookie Lodolo.  He is average about 14 SO9 and has sub 2.50 ERA in the minors.  He is a lefty and will be moving up fairly quickly to the Majors.  Unless, the Reds trade him    Nervous  
Reply/Quote
When you look at the total talent on the Reds and include the minor league, it isn’t very impressive. Castillo hasn’t been very impressive in the second half of the season, hopefully that’s just a bump in the road and he finishes sting.
Reply/Quote