Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Cruz have his Perry moment
I wonder how much fun opponents will have with this:

Quote:“Today, we rolled out a spending plan,” Cruz replied, “$500 billion in specific cuts. Five major agencies that we would eliminate: The IRS,  The Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, the Department of Commerce, and HUD.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cruz-eliminate-federal-agencies
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Who needs energy or commerce anyway?
Haha maybe we should cut them twice .... To make sure they are dead .
(11-11-2015, 01:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who needs energy or commerce anyway?

Commerce department is loads of corporate welfare.   We don't need that

Does this also mean you support cutting HUD?
I will say he pretty much destroyed any chance that Kasich had. Kasich reminded me of that drunk uncle that sits in the corner and interrupts everyone to talk about everything he did.

I will say I've always been a Jindal fan but he cannot get traction, I moved to Cruz but this gaffe didn't help. I want nothing to do with Kasich or Paul, they should change to Democrat just to give options there. JFK (eer..I mean Rubio is gonna take this).

Agree wth You on Kasich, I think he and Jeb are done. They looked like idiots tonight.

As you know I have been a Rand supporter. But i also like Cruz. Fox business commenting that Rubio is now the establishment candidate does not help him in my eyes.

I was pleasantly surprised with Ben Carson tonight. And I loved when Trump brought up what Eisenhower did to fight illegal immigration.

I have no doubt that trump would try something like that... And there is a legitimate reason it probably should happen.
(11-11-2015, 02:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agree wth You on Kasich, I think he and Jeb are done.  They looked like idiots tonight.  

As you know I have been a Rand supporter.   But i also like Cruz.   Fox business commenting that Rubio is now the establishment candidate does not help him in my eyes.    

I was pleasantly surprised with Ben Carson tonight.  And I loved when Trump brought up what Eisenhower did to fight illegal immigration.  

I have no doubt that trump would try something like that...   And there is a legitimate reason it probably should happen.

I simply enjoyed the format. There was limited "gotcha" and addressed actual issues. I cannot really decide who I want to hitch my wagon to. 

(11-11-2015, 02:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I simply enjoyed the format. There was limited "gotcha" and addressed actual issues. I cannot really decide who I want to hitch my wagon to. 

I do agree that it was nice to let them actually discuss issues and policy.
Easily the best moderated debate thus far.

I laughed at one point with Kasich wondering if he thought he was running for governor of OH instead of POTUS.

Rubio is impressive, but I'm still very skeptical of his ability and qualification. But a Rubio/Fiorina ticket is going to be formidable.

Trump is still a clown.
(11-11-2015, 02:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was pleasantly surprised with Ben Carson tonight. 

His debate/presentation has improved....but he's still totally un-electable after those pyramid comments (and others).  He's making the character assassination attempts work in his favor, but he's still a loon.