Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D'Ante Smith injured
He hurt his right leg during warmups. Tried to walk it off but ended up being carted off.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 03:52 PM)pally Wrote: He hurt his right leg during warmups.  Tried to walk it off but ended up being carted off.

seems he has trouble being healthy. 
Reply/Quote
He had looked good. Hate to see it. Non contact injuries are never good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Can we end training camp now and just play cards?
Reply/Quote
Like with Sample it didn't look too serious. He walked to the cart and got in the front seat. He didn't look upset nor did any teammate which normally occurs if they know it is bad.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Can we end training camp now and just play cards?

Nah better to lose someone now when we have time to replace them

OL guys need reps though and seems we getting thin there
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote: Like with Sample it didn't look too serious.  He walked to the cart and got in the front seat.  He didn't look upset nor did any teammate which normally occurs if they know it is bad.

Hopefully it wont keep him sidelined long. D'Ante Smith is primed for alot of pre-season snaps at both tackle spots that he needs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Hopefully it wont keep him sidelined long. D'Ante Smith is primed for alot of pre-season snaps at both tackle spots that he needs.

It's been oh couple months ago but FWIW a couple talking heads were claiming Smith would be pushing the starters pretty hard for a spot. I dunno ? Hope he's ok
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote: Like with Sample it didn't look too serious.  He walked to the cart and got in the front seat.  He didn't look upset nor did any teammate which normally occurs if they know it is bad.

Good to know, I like D'Ante Smith. I don't want to see a hurt Adeniji out there again...

(08-05-2022, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Hopefully it wont keep him sidelined long. D'Ante Smith is primed for alot of pre-season snaps at both tackle spots that he needs.

No doubt. Need this guy for depth at both Tackle spots, he can be a stud down the road too with his talent.

I also really like Volson cause he can play so many spots but he can't do it all all Preseason.
Reply/Quote
Hope he's ok, but we gotta be realistic that he has shown talent and that he's injury prone. We still need a vet
G/T with all these young backups and guys that looked bad last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 10:36 AM)phil413 Wrote: Hope he's ok, but we gotta be realistic that he has shown talent and that he's injury prone.  We still need a vet  
G/T with all these young backups and guys that looked bad last year.

Agreed, im getting nervous about our OL situation currently. Cappa still not 100% and Collins still not doing any reps...+ now Smith might be sidelined for a while. Meanwhile, we wait for Joey B to be cleared to play and start gelling with his rebuilt OL 
Reply/Quote
Really hope he's okay. With Jonah's long-term future in Cincinnati unclear and other moving parts on the line, opportunity knocks. Smith deserves his shot.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote:

Saw that Duane Brown was visiting the Jets yesterday. I know the dude is old and we like to be young but if D'Ante is messed 
up I think he would be great depth at Tackle for us if the Jets don't sign Duane.
Reply/Quote